Mavic Wind Warning
967 2 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6916e6f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

This is not a bug it is more of a feature request.  I would like to see some configuration ability for wind warnings on the Mavic.  Currently it has been my experience that just above 20 kph winds you will get a high wind warning. I guess that is useful for someone or people who have low skill when flying.  For me on the East Coast of Canada has to fly in much higher winds it is just an idiot message that I see many times on many flights and has no real point to it.   For me it is the story of a the boy who cried wolf when no real wolf existed.  So I just ignore the warning... The problem is someday I will fly and at 300 feet a high wind layer may exist and I will get the warning and I will ignore it.  

For people like me who have been flying for years the ability to adjust this warning to only kick in when the mavic is truly having issues holding its position or in winds above 40 KPH would be much more useful. I would then know I have a real issue I need to pay attention to and not as it is today just a warning that often means nothing.

2017-7-23
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I agree that an adjustable warning threshold would be handy.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I hear you man but the reason for the wind alert is mainly to protect this flimsy gimbal from snapping on you...I am on the east coast, lot of winds and I just  adjust the heading and keep going.

2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules