iPad Cooling Case
1213 6 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

Could this be the answer to some of our CPU Overheating worries? It's not a terrible idea to bring down tempuratures on electronic devices so regardless if you're having issues or not, this could help. I've noticed that I get the issue cleared up with cooling the iPad. I was wondering if anyone has used this and noticed any changes?

X-Naut iPad Cooling Case
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We suggest to mount Monitor Hood to shield your phones from direct sunlight in Summer. Or the hot mobile device will affect the image transmission.
We have it on sale in online store: http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... or-hood-smartphones
2017-7-23
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 23:49
We suggest to mount Monitor Hood to shield your phones from direct sunlight in Summer. Or the hot mobile device will affect the image transmission.
We have it on sale in online store: http://store.dji.com/product/inspire1-phantom-3-remote-controller-monitor-hood-smartphones

Hi Mindy,

I think at this point a monitor hood will not be good enough to keep the CPU at a proper operating temperature with the given firmware issues. This is proven to be the case the other day, operating in the shade, 85* day with a slight breeze. I still needed to occasionally position myself in my vehicle with the air conditioning directly on the iPad to bring down the temperature.

Does DJI have any current plans to fixing this issue that is rendering iPads useless to a point?
2017-7-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tried one out and it did nothing to help with the software overheating issue..
2017-7-24
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-24 11:22
Hi Mindy,

I think at this point a monitor hood will not be good enough to keep the CPU at a proper operating temperature with the given firmware issues. This is proven to be the case the other day, operating in the shade, 85* day with a slight breeze. I still needed to occasionally position myself in my vehicle with the air conditioning directly on the iPad to bring down the temperature.

The iPad fix is the new iPad Pro... $728
2017-7-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Ipad pro 2 next offering will again put the overheating issue behind. Time to save up some money for sure.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-24 11:22
Hi Mindy,

LevitatedMedia, new version APP is releasing in batches, please update the latest version if it is available for you and keep us posted about the flight performance.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules