Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[after update] Move forward and suddenly slow down
1762 10 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Dear friends,

After update P4 (5 days ago) aircraft and main controller, when I move forward and reach 30 kph it slow down do 0 kph and again move forward to 30kph and goes to stop, I don't know why. It never happened to me before upgrade.Today I was about 100 meters altitude (with no obstacles around me) and it slow down even if I pushing stick on the controller max forward continuosly.
It only happened in normal mode (GPS), Point Of Interest worked fine.

Does option "Enable obstacle avoidance" is turned on by default? Also obstacle avoidance in tapfly and activetrack?? I forgot...

Identical problem

After update, the motors after start are rotating slower before I fly, is that correct?

Is there an option to downgrade firmware?

Best regards

2017-7-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

It looks as though the obstacle avoidance is seeing the hill ahead as an obstacle and is slowing to avoid it?     As to downgrading the firmware, if what one reads on the forum here, that is no longer an option.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Singapore

Thank You for Your answer
Like I said:
" I was about 100 meters altitude (with no obstacles around me) and it slow down even if I pushing stick on the controller max forward continuosly."
There was no any hill or trees etc. in front of me.

This is my video from first flight after upgrade firmware, You can see, it slow down when it gets speed.

Please help
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, did you get any messages on the app? Or did you mount propellers protector?
Please try to check is there any dirt on the Obstacle Avoidance System and calibrate the vision positioning system via DJI Assistant 2.
Here's the calibrating tutorial for your reference:
2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans09cbcaee Posted at 2017-7-23 14:25
Thank You for Your answer
Like I said:
" I was about 100 meters altitude (with no obstacles around me) and it slow down even if I pushing stick on the controller max forward continuosly."

Aloha fans09,

After you try Thor's suggestion to calibrate the VPS, see if that helps.  If it does not help try this;

"In firmware v02.00.0106 I also have tripod function but not test it because stop flying after first 10 minutes of very unstable/shaking flight. In one moment my drone just be near to make flip. Also I find that all motors get very hot during shaking and rr-rr-rr sound. After downgrade to 01.02.0602 all problems with shaking and motor rpm disappear and P4 very stabile."

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Singapore

Hey guys!

After update, the motors are more hotter, I forgot to mention it.
I won't downgrade firmware using outside programs, It could be an option to downgrade to the previous firmware if this version is not stable and everyone knows about It but You DJI won't hear us, we are Your customer. We spend money for useless drone (after update 02.00.0106).
Thor, You didnt tested this firmware, Am I right? People are furious for this unstable flying and shaking aircraft (!), I need to resign wedding day in next week due to unstable and slowing down speed... Thank You so much.

There is no any dirt in obstacle sensor etc. Everything works fine before update. I prefer stable drone than Tripod and other functions.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Singapore

I didnt get any warning messages on the App before start and during slow down. Also I didnt install any propellers protector.
2017-7-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans09cbcaee Posted at 2017-7-24 01:19
Hey guys!

After update, the motors are more hotter, I forgot to mention it.

Have you calibrated the VPS sensors as suggested above ? This has been know to solve similar problems previously.

My personal preference is to do all calibrations after a firmware update. Surely any previously saved values would be over-written by update (but I could be wrong).

2017-7-24
Use props
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Singapore

"Surely any previously saved values would be over-written by update (but I could be wrong). "
In previous upd I didn't calibrated sensors - they works properly. I will calibrate and write post here.
My P4 also shaking when I landing (from 10-15 m above ground) it shakes like my gf ass.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans39704101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265830 ft
United States

I have the same issue as this and I'm 250' in the air with nothing around me, you can see the speed on the display go between 12 and 8 and 9 and 10 and 12 and 9 and 6 and 8 and it keeps going back and forth like this. Had no issues what so ever before the upgrade and now its doing this. I did the calibration as well (now raining outside) but honestly I don't expect that to be the fix at 250' in the air with nothing around me.
2017-7-24
Use props
Jamie 54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498688 ft
United States

My drone does the exact same thing after the update.  Flies good and then stops. I have reinstalled the firmware and have calibrated the sensors, I have also notice the motors seem to be hotter then they use to be.  Going to try and refresh the software again to see if third time is the charm .
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules