Aircraft Disconnected
989 9 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benjeeeman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17402 ft

Canada

I was just flying my drone and taking some photos and I got a aircraft disconnected message. even though I had full control of the drone and gimbal and I was in the respected distance height. I was also getting magnetic interference warnings

would this be a firmware or magnetic interference issue.
2017-7-23
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The magnetic interference and disconnection issues probably aren't related, but a good place to start diagnosing the magnetic interference problem would be for you to upload the flight's TXT file to PhantomHelp. That file is stored on your mobile device and the directions for retrieving and uploading it are here. Once you've retrieved it and uploaded it to PhantomHelp, please provide a link to it in this thread.

With respect to the disconnection issues, what specific model of mobile device and which specific operating system version were / are you using? One thing that seems to help some people with disconnection problems is to fly with the mobile device in airplane mode, so you might want to try that. Another common cause of disconnections seems to be bad cables, so if you have another cable you can use then you might see if the problem still occurs when using it.
2017-7-23
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1

Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-23 14:11
The magnetic interference and disconnection issues probably aren't related, but a good place to start diagnosing the magnetic interference problem would be for you to upload the flight's TXT file to PhantomHelp. That file is stored on your mobile device and the directions for retrieving and uploading it are here. Once you've retrieved it and uploaded it to PhantomHelp, please provide a link to it in this thread.

With respect to the disconnection issues, what specific model of mobile device and which specific operating system version were / are you using? One thing that seems to help some people with disconnection problems is to fly with the mobile device in airplane mode, so you might want to try that. Another common cause of disconnections seems to be bad cables, so if you have another cable you can use then you might see if the problem still occurs when using it.

At the time of that flight I was using a galaxy s7 edge with DJI go 4 version 4.1.3 and the drone firmware version is 01.03.0900And i will provide a link to phantom help once i have done it.
2017-7-23
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1

Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-23 14:11

here is the link to the flight log that you requested
Flight Log
2017-7-23
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Benjeeeman Posted at 2017-7-23 18:33
here is the link to the flight log that you requested
Flight Log

The magnetic interference isn't showing up in that log, but it does contain one instance of a brief disconnection. At what point in the flight did you see the magnetic interference message? Also, have you been able to fly without any problems before this?
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ben, aircraft disconnected and magnetic interference warnings are not related directly, please refer the upstairs' reply for better understanding. Please try to fly in a new place without interference to check and confirm the issue.
Alternatively, you can change to another USB cable or recommended mobile to verify.
2017-7-24
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1

Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-23 18:40
The magnetic interference isn't showing up in that log, but it does contain one instance of a brief disconnection. At what point in the flight did you see the magnetic interference message? Also, have you been able to fly without any problems before this?

yes this is the first time i have experienced this issue. the magnetic interference message was displayed before i flew and i admit i shouldn't fly with interference, but in my defence it was the golden hour, so.
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Benjeeeman Posted at 2017-7-25 15:47
yes this is the first time i have experienced this issue. the magnetic interference message was displayed before i flew and i admit i shouldn't fly with interference, but in my defence it was the golden hour, so.

If you saw the interference message before takeoff then your Mavic was probably near some type of metal such as steel that can affect the compass. Make sure you take off away from any metals, including the rebar that's often embedded within concrete.

Are you still experiencing the disconnections and, if so, have you tried a different cable and / or flying with your phone in airplane mode?
2017-7-25
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1

Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-25 16:23
If you saw the interference message before takeoff then your Mavic was probably near some type of metal such as steel that can affect the compass. Make sure you take off away from any metals, including the rebar that's often embedded within concrete.

Are you still experiencing the disconnections and, if so, have you tried a different cable and / or flying with your phone in airplane mode?

i have tried again in a different area with no interference and a different cable on an iPhone 6 and there have been no issues.
2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Benjeeeman Posted at 2017-7-26 12:30
i have tried again in a different area with no interference and a different cable on an iPhone 6 and there have been no issues.

I'm glad to hear that; thanks for the followup to let us know how things turned out.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules