1895 16 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never spent so much time on something like this before .I read the forum every day and the problems just keep mounting up .I do not want to risk any firmware update but I can not fly as they have locked up my bird .I can not get good video length and can not get support to fix it .I have had many fly a ways but have always been able to get control back .I am one of the lucky ones that has not lost a I1 .I have been so close it is not even funny. My decision moving forward is to put her into storage until all the bugs are worked out .My vision 2 + is amazing and reliable never had a problem,unless it was caused by me when I was learning. I am going to send her in and get her upgraded with dslr pro .It is a $1,200 fix but it will give me everything I need .Should have done that before and not bothered with the brick in my closet . I know some of you are going to disagree with me but all I am writing about is what is happening to me .I can fly planes and run a large boat full of electronics. I am a good pilot and none of my issues are to do with my skills ,just my $3k brick and DJI support. I have no faith right now that I can fully control my I1 and that it wont fly away and hurt someone .So into mycloset she goes for now. I live in a rural area with no power lines or interference of any sort .My home is on 40 acres of Vineyards .

2015-3-22
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mtnred,    I am considering doing the same thing or even send it down the road.  My hex with a A2 is rock solid and will do anything the I1 will do and trust worthy.
2015-3-22
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Indonesia

Must be really lucky, mine works like a charm since day one.
Not a single GPS loss, Anyway I mostly fly in atti, lot smoother.
The two updates I did where done in less than 20min.
For me, it is a on/off toy, that works straight out from the box.
The only grey area would be the lightbridge that sometime is lagging a little and I have been close once to finish on a tree, but it was my fault since I was flying really low behind a hill at about 300-400m from the remote...
Wish you more luck with the future flights guys.  
2015-3-22
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man I still have not had a problem since the latest update! I don't get it? Why do some guys have such a struggle and others are smooth as silk?
2015-3-22
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Night flight in Pacifica, Ca.   
DJI_0026.r1jpg.jpg
2015-3-22
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Never had any of the issues being seen. I do root cause analysis, and can assure you that if enough time was spent on developing and resolving the causes and effects, the problems could be notably reduced. Human error and poor judgement are a little tougher to eliminate. (not saying that any particular percentage of these issues are human error)
2015-3-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-23 12:24
Man I still have not had a problem since the latest update! I don't get it? Why do some guys have su ...

Maybe in a rush to get it done? When I did my update I hit Youtube on a separate Laptop and followed the Tutorial one step at a time. I also set aside time to do it without any interruptions or the pressure of having to move on to get something else done. Works for me.
2015-3-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-23 12:29
Night flight in Pacifica, Ca.

Nice shot with perfect exposure. Manual or Auto on the settings?
2015-3-23
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

mtnred, I am very sorry to hear of your 'not so pleasant" experience with the I1. I only have 5 flights with my I1, but each one has been a exhilarating experience, without any problems (yet). I fly in ATTI mode so GPS loss has not been an issue for me. I do my preflight checks & calibrations every time and it's up up and away. I am sure DJI will figure out the glitches and correct them. In the mean time I plan to be very diligent and continue to ENJOY my I1.
2015-3-23
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Lucky Fred D. My inspire 1 is a very expensive paper weight. Emailed dji this morning, waiting for a reply. Got my inspire 1 last week after waiting since December. It don't work! I have flying my phantom 2 vision for just over a year, rc planes sinc the 1980's and rc helis for 10 years now. My inspire 1 is the most frustrating thing I have ever come across. Mega $, long wait and it don't work.
2015-3-23
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-23 22:05
Nice shot with perfect exposure. Manual or Auto on the settings?

Auto.
2015-3-23
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

MtnRed & VonBaron1,
Sorry for your lack of confidence. You can turn your pain into gain and sell off the parts while you wait for perfection. I need a camera/ gimbal package, and I'm sure that others will fill the other parts gaps.
I have had great flights with productive results, except for one minor mishap. Think about leveraging your position and alleviate other's needs while you wait for what you really want.
2015-3-23
Use props
stuart
lvl.1

United States

I'v got a new camera gimbal but you won't like the price. $800.00. It would be less expensive if you find one online. I'v parted an inspire out for extra parts.
2015-3-23
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

stuart@youthwat Posted at 2015-3-24 07:17
I'v got a new camera gimbal but you won't like the price. $800.00. It would be less expensive if you ...

Do you happen to have one or two of the feet still available. We would like to replace a red light foot on one of our inspires. We would probably buy two from you as a back up.
2015-3-24
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-3-24 03:36
MtnRed & VonBaron1,
Sorry for your lack of confidence. You can turn your pain into gain and sell off ...

She fly's fine most of the time .The fly a ways happened after the 2nd upgrade .I saved them but one was so close ,about a foot from my roof. I had a normal take off,  got to about 40 feet .Then she went in the opposite direction at full speed .Heading at me and then went over the house .I had to run to stay in contact .I landed her doing everything as if I was seeing red lights not the green I could see . Calibrated the compass again ,all back to normal .The other problem is I can only get 10 seconds of video at a time . I am waiting for the next update before I fly again .I can only imagine what people feel when they see there I1 crash .
2015-3-24
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-3-25 03:57
She fly's fine most of the time .The fly a ways happened after the 2nd upgrade .I saved them but o ...

Since you indicate your flyaway Occurred when flying near your home's garage, please see my post on "Critical Pre-Flight Checklist Item - Check Position on Satellite Map Screen" for possible explanation for your flyaway and how to prevent in the future.  Your Inspire's view of the sky and GPS satellites may have been hindered by surrounding structures resulting in a bad/incorrect initial GPS fix.  As soon as your I1 climbed to point it had LOS to additional GPS satellites, it may have gotten a good/accurate GPS fix that placed your I1 several meters away from its initial GPS home point.  The flight software, I believe, may interpret this as wind suddenly blowing your craft sideways and immediately reacts to move your craft toward the inaccurate initial home point location several meters away.  To make sure this doesn't happen, ALWAYS check your position on the Ground Station map in satellite view to make sure your indicated home point location before takeoff on the map is in agreement with the I1's true physical location.  
2015-3-24
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-3-25 05:28
Since you indicate your flyaway Occurred when flying near your home's garage, please see my post o ...

Very good advise ,thank you .This was not to do with that . She went backwards at a very fast speed .I was not flying her .She was supposed to be ina hover ,she had a mind of her own .Happened a few times. I fly V+ in the same area .Have done so many flights never a problem .I try and do 3 flights a day and have been flying since October . Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas .It is people like you that make this board so good.
2015-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules