Downlink unstable on DJI Go 4.1.4 on ANDROID (Pulled back from st...
4816 69 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

CCScott Posted at 2017-7-25 05:54
have the 4.1.3 on a Galaxy S7 Edge and it could not be worse. Constant app crashes and choppy video feed. I've tried every possible fix posted but nothing helps. (two friends with similar Samsung phones are having the same problem). Inexcusable that the app should be so buggy. The app store reviews say it all....one star from the majority of users.l

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please download the latest APP to check the performance. If you have the same issue or further questions, please feel free to contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com, our colleagues will take care of your case.
2017-7-25
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Working fine for me also, suggest other factors at play here? However I'm on an iPhone 7 not android.
2017-7-25
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-7-25 06:01
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

Easy downgrade... Don't stress

I went to your link you post but I'm sure of the version 4.1.3 will work for my mini Ipad being that it mention description platform  is gear for android unit.
2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-7-25 18:13
Working fine for me also, suggest other factors at play here? However I'm on an iPhone 7 not android.

I have updated the title to avoid confussion. This only (as far as I know) affects ANDROID devices, regardless of the device manufacturer)

I don't know anything about iOS but it seems it's going well there.
2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

neo0 Posted at 2017-7-25 18:49
I went to your link you post but I'm sure of the version 4.1.3 will work for my mini Ipad being that it mention description platform  is gear for android unit.

That's a link for an Android apk. If you're on iOS you should not worry about this post
2017-7-25
Use props
keith55
lvl.2
Thailand

@DJI Susan. Please update this thread with an explanation of what is happening.

Yesterday I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It reinstalled version 4.1.3. Today it is telling me that there is another update.  The description in the store is no help at all: "bug fixes".  Please tell us the current situation. Is there still an "unfinished app" that you are pushing to a small number of users?  What is the official current latest version for Android?
2017-7-25
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

V_kingo Posted at 2017-7-25 05:27
Going back to earlier versions of DJI Go

Great ! Thanks so much for this link and the How-to-vid ! Hope it will solve my problems with crappy GO4 that gets worse and worse with every update ............................
2017-7-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

keith55 Posted at 2017-7-25 23:25
@DJI Susan. Please update this thread with an explanation of what is happening.

Yesterday I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It reinstalled version 4.1.3. Today it is telling me that there is another update.  The description in the store is no help at all: "bug fixes".  Please tell us the current situation. Is there still an "unfinished app" that you are pushing to a small number of users?  What is the official current latest version for Android?

I have just seen it! They have deployed it again, rollout date is Tue 25. I wonder if they have solved the issues... by know I will keep the auto update off. I don't want to be the test rat again.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

keith55 Posted at 2017-7-25 07:17
So you chose a small number of your customers and, without informing them, used them as beta testers, using their own expensive equipment, which you sold them.

I'm currently on holiday. I brought my drone with specifically because there is something I wanted to film. Instead of that I've spent several hours of my day working as an unknowing, unpaid beta tester for DJI - exactly as you planned I would.

I apologize for all inconveniences we caused before. Users are selected at random and we couldn't target users by specific demographics. Any suggestions of the new APP will be appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.
2017-7-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 00:17
I apologize for all inconveniences we caused before. Users are selected at random and we couldn't target users by specific demographics. Any suggestions to the new APP will be appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.

Susan, open beta testing is fine. I'm myself a developer and I love having tons of different users on a testing phase some times because it's really easier to spot issues. However, you cannot just randomly select people and update their applications to an unstable version of the application without even informing them.  Specially when we're talking about an application to control things that fly above our heads.

Android allows developers to set up a beta program. Users can voluntarily step into the beta branch, and go back to the stable branch if they're having issues. If you set up this thing tons of users will be happy to help. I'm all in favor of more involvement of the community into the APP development, but involvement means communication. Clear and constant communication.

Lessons learnt for everybody I guess, and move forward. By the way, would you please confirm that the new app available since today on Google Play has already solved the mentioned issues?
2017-7-26
Use props
pigolato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745243 ft
United Kingdom

I apologize for all inconveniences we caused before. Users are selected at random and we couldn't target users by specific demographics. Any suggestions to the new APP will be appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.

Unbelievable!
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2017-7-26 00:25
Susan, open beta testing is fine. I'm myself a developer and I love having tons of different users on a testing phase some times because it's really easier to spot issues. However, you cannot just randomly select people and update their applications to an unstable version of the application without even informing them.  Specially when we're talking about an application to control things that fly above our heads.

Android allows developers to set up a beta program. Users can voluntarily step into the beta branch, and go back to the stable branch if they're having issues. If you set up this thing tons of users will be happy to help. I'm all in favor of more involvement of the community into the APP development, but involvement means communication. Clear and constant communication.

Thanks for your understanding. We understand your concern and will forward to our engineers and hopefully they will consider this in the future. The official version will optimize some functions and we are glad to help if there is any further issue.
2017-7-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 04:42
Thanks for your understanding. We understand your concern and will forward to our engineers and hopefully they will consider this in the future. The official version will optimize some functions and we are glad to help if there is any further issue.

So my question again, the current 4.1.4 rolled out today on the app store is stable or not? Does it fix this issue or not?
2017-7-26
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

have the 4.1.3 on a Galaxy S7 Edge and it could not be worse. Constant app crashes and choppy video feed. I've tried every possible fix posted but nothing helps. (two friends with similar Samsung phones are having the same problem). Inexcusable that the app should be so buggy. The app store reviews say it all....one star from the majority of users.l

Try going into your phone settings and change Display Mode to "Basic" , also turn your phone resolution down to 1920 x 1080.  Samsung says some apps may not work properly with either of those fancier/higher settings and will use more power.  I also turn off WiFi and sometimes Blu Tooth.  Just doing the phone settings changes fixed all my problems.  I probably have an app disconnect 1 out of 5 flights (usually doing the same thing high over head and near some possible interference.  I have gotten video like you describe, rarely when I change battery and don't close and restart dji go 4.

Hope this helps.  Also my wife's galaxy S2 is flawless.
2017-7-26
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I apologize for all inconveniences we caused before. Users are selected at random and we couldn't target users by specific demographics. Any suggestions of the new APP will be appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.

I have a suggestion for the new app.  How about starting over with the Android version and make an app that doesn't crash.
2017-7-26
Use props
Cryhavoc38
lvl.1
United States

Do this on your S7 to get Go4 4.1.3 to run smoothly and not crash.

change your phone screen resolution down to 1920x2080 instead of the default 2560x1440
also change the Screen Mode to Basic instead of the default which is Amoled cinema or Adaptive Display.

these settings are in Settings\Display on the S7 if you are running android 7
This is what I had to do when I ran Go4 4.1.x on my Note 5. Before I made those changes, the app would consistantly crash, after I made the changes, it never crashed.

Now I use an older Note 3 running android 6 which is on the list of supported phones.

My Note 5 and your S7 aren't on the list, but will work if you bring the resolution down to 1920x1080 and change screen mode to basic.
2017-7-26
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 04:42

wtfff is going on?  I'm travelling in Greece now and my video downlink to phone is un- flyable!!!  Something happed on July 25th or so....did my version of Go4 'update' itself with this bug????  My phone/Android shows v 4.1.3 is insalled, Google Play shows only 4.1.3 is active....but is it really?  I've been flying perfectly, then next day go to fly and no way I can.  Took me 15 min to refreash my feed so that I could see it pointed back at me (it was 200m out at sea) so I could return it home.   This is crazy!!!!!
2017-7-26
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

I see a new 4.1.4 update (26/7)  is up on the Android Play Store.  After my previous problems with the 4.1.4 from last week, is there any difference?  I'm a bit hesitated to try this one out.
Currently flying on the rolled back 4.1.3, from a few days ago.   No video feed problems with the old version.
2017-7-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Chrasher Posted at 2017-7-27 11:43
I see a new 4.1.4 update (26/7)  is up on the Android Play Store.  After my previous problems with the 4.1.4 from last week, is there any difference?  I'm a bit hesitated to try this one out.
Currently flying on the rolled back 4.1.3, from a few days ago.   No video feed problems with the old version.

I'm afraid of installing it. I saw versions went back and forward, they pulled it back the first one, then on the 25th another 4.1.4 came out, which was pulled back again, until the 26th when this last 4.1.4 was rolled out.

As 4.1.3 is going fine, I think I'll wait at least for a week to let others take the risk this time.
2017-7-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

no 4.1.4 available for me in the play store (located in the Netherlands). still 4.1.3.
No video issues here
I have all apps on auto-update when on WIFI, but the go app has never got to 4.1.4 here. (and i check updates every day)
2017-7-27
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Netherlands

I am also in the Netherlands, but got the 4.1.4 last week.  Luckily I could go back to 4.1.3.  
It's very stormy here atm, so can't fly.  Will wait a few days before I try the latest 4.1.4.
2017-7-28
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Chrasher Posted at 2017-7-28 04:28
I am also in the Netherlands, but got the 4.1.4 last week.  Luckily I could go back to 4.1.3.  
It's very stormy here atm, so can't fly.  Will wait a few days before I try the latest 4.1.4.

I got auto update of 4.1.4 a couple of nights ago, flew about 15 minutes ago, lost signal/screen in about 3 minutes of flying
Can't use waypoints mode, all I get is failed to load mission, Retry, no joy.
So I fly another 3 waypiont missions at different alltitudes, shorter/longer between waypoints, all attempts at loading waypoint missions- FAILED to load!
Lost screen, maybe 2 -3 times.
I;m going to check on how to roll back, anyone using a stable go 4 version, please share # of a good solid, version!
2017-7-28
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Netherlands

Couldn't resist, just downloaded the latest Android 4.1.4. Videofeed is normal with this version. No problems detected with a quick test.
I think this one is fine.
2017-7-29
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Chrasher Posted at 2017-7-29 04:42
Couldn't resist, just downloaded the latest Android 4.1.4. Videofeed is normal with this version. No problems detected with a quick test.

Thanks a lot chrasher! I might be tempted to update haha
2017-7-29
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

Seams the app was updated:

Updated
July 26, 2017
2017-7-29
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Netherlands

Kenneth R. Posted at 2017-7-29 23:30
Seams the app was updated:

Yes, it was, but no mention at all what changed?  I've flown with the version 4.1.4 from a week ago with the videofeed problems, and now with the latest 4.1.4 all is OK.

The only thing I can think of is specific builds for specific Android hardware/software with the same version number. So if they see problems in the forums, they could be changing builds in the app store on the fly.  Problem with Android is always the fast number of hardware/software combinations. And with the highly technical Go4 app using all the specific hardware you can think off in a phone, testing all these combinations is almost impossible.

Maybe it's better they set up a real beta program, where you simply can opt-in and -out if something doesn't work with a new version. I bet there will be enough pilots who will try the beta out.    I would!
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2017-7-26 05:17
So my question again, the current 4.1.4 rolled out today on the app store is stable or not? Does it fix this issue or not?

Have you upgraded to the new APP? If the same issue remains, please refer my previous suggestions for troubleshooting.
@Randy, please check above for troubleshooting first.

2017-7-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-31 02:24
Have you upgraded to the new APP? If the same issue remains, please refer my previous suggestions for troubleshooting.
@Randy, please check above for troubleshooting first.

I haven't. I had to take a few shots this weekend so I was not in the mood of testing a new version. As some people says it's ok now I might be tempted to try next weekend... What suggestions are you refering to?
2017-7-31
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

i got the update last night.....
i installed it ;)

i'll check if everything is OK in a couple of days. I want to be certain that everything works before i leave for my holliday (with the mavic ;)
2017-8-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I yesterday flown 3 batteries with the new v4.1.4 for android without any problems. Only mistake so far I've found is that you can no longer put a new value on the controller's stick (EXP) which you could not either v4.1.3 !!!   

Regards Leif.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules