Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Issue:
Any idea what might be wrong? When I start video recording it changes to the smaller red sphere for a second or two, the screen goes blank and it goes back into photo mode. When I try to take a picture, it greys out the white sphere but no photo is taken. Really annoying, was in SA wine country today and they said I could use it but it was pointless couldn't capture anything. Tried with and without otg, on my phone and iPad and with 2 different sd cards. Both of which had plenty of space.
Solved:-

I had used both SD's in a Go-Pro Hero Session 5 that day. They weren't full by any stretch but just by having Go-Pro file structure in there, it messed with the Spark's ability to record. I found another SD without the Go-Pro file structure and it worked fine..

Bug or something more sinister? </tinfoil>;)

2017-7-24
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bumpety bump!
2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is not a bug, this i normal.. You can't use any file system/structure with any device.
This is why almost every device have a 'Format sd card' function. After you done this it will work.
2017-7-24
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Go pro doesn't have an issue using other file structures. It just has go-pro in the root directory, same as dji has dji in the root directory.
2017-7-24
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So looking at the one where I had spark first and go-pro second..

DCIM
-100MEDIA (DJI folder where all the films and videos go)
-999GOPRO

Why shouldn't that work?

It's a bug, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't work together and if not, at least put it in the manual and explain why not?

2017-7-24
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

I have a bug, maybe other users.

Video recorder: if I press on the phone and not on the RC, it does not record anything (although it says it is recording)

If I hit the RC but I do not stop the video before landing it does not save the video.

Very annoying I lost good videos.
2017-7-24
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-24 23:36
I have a bug, maybe other users.

Video recorder: if I press on the phone and not on the RC, it does not record anything (although it says it is recording)

I had a similar thing today too. I can´t remember if i started recording by pressing the button on the RC or the phone, but i´m absolutely sure the phone showed it´s recording and after about 5 minutes flight i stopped it. But at home when i was looking for the video there was no record. Sadly the video was done in a very bad location with no GPS just Vision Assistant and while recording it i was so tense to fly every second because it was in a place where a recovery of the Spark would have been almost impossible
2017-8-8
Use props
ArunFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12917 ft
United States

I had the same issue last weekend. I travelled to Durango, CO for a wedding. The venue was awesome, and I recorded some drone footage at 10000 ft level where the wedding was taking place, and when I returned home to Anaheim, CA, I found that the video was not recorded. Very Frustrating!!!!
2019-7-9
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

It's impossible to record quality video with a Spark if you forget to press the record button. I made that mistake yesterday myself.

Also, Spark does not always get the video file closed properly if you turn it off while recording. If this happens to you, put the card back in the spark, turn the drone on and leave it be for half a minute or so. Spark often notices and fixes the file. Again, not always. Guess how I know that.

So I've flown beautifully. Remembered to start the recording. Flew it gracefully to my hand. Remembered not to scowl at the camera and made a nice smile instead. Then forgot to stop the recording before turning off the drone
2019-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules