Forming an L.L.C. & Getting an N Number
5776 66 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobbymanson
lvl.2

United States

I've been looking at the 333 waiver as well. I did not see waivers granted unless the operator had at least a private pilots license. I have one, but I need to renew my 3rd class medical. Anyone see anything to the contrary?
2015-3-24
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Time to fill out a 333, i can live with 200 for now.
2015-3-24
Use props
DJK
New
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-24 19:29
Not a problem.  If I can help I do.

Any chance you would provide a copy of your 333 as a go by?
2015-3-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

DJK Posted at 2015-3-25 09:01
Any chance you would provide a copy of your 333 as a go by?

Let's not go crazy here bro, soon you'll be asking him to pay for it next.
He provided a link to others that have filled out and application, we can look at those, see what is similar to what we wanna do, then copy and add what your needs are if something was missed.
2015-3-24
Use props
DJK
New
United States

Thanks, missed the link to other filled out forms.
2015-3-24
Use props
DJK
New
United States

bobbymanson@me. Posted at 2015-3-25 08:37
I've been looking at the 333 waiver as well. I did not see waivers granted unless the operator had a ...

I would be a little surprised if you had to have a current medical and/or BFR, to fly the drone.
2015-3-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bobbymanson@me. Posted at 2015-3-25 08:37
I've been looking at the 333 waiver as well. I did not see waivers granted unless the operator had a ...

That would be kinda silly to make a guy taking pictures of a house to get a license to fly a manned aircraft. I believe what you think you have read but I just don't see how that could be right. I know 8 pilots from private to commercial united guys that can't fly an rc plank and would have zero chance with a cp heli. Heck, I know 2 real heli pilots that think im great because they get to swing the ass end around using their feet while I have to do everything with my hands. You should see these two on the simulator, hilarious, and they laugh as hard as I do -  Basically, the two have nothing to do with each other, (might as well make us get certified for scuba diving too) -

also, I wonder if they/faa even check what you say?
2015-3-24
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Indeed, a step in the right direction.
2015-3-24
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-25 11:00
That would be kinda silly to make a guy taking pictures of a house to get a license to fly a manne ...

This would be my point of view:  If you are going to operate a UAS in US federal controlled airspace (FAA rules in effect) then it would make sense for the FAA to request, they have made it known, that any pilot of a UAS will need at least a private pilot license (VFR min.).  Also the FAA has made it known that two individuals will be used for UAS operations: a pilot (with a private pilots license and the second individual keeping line-of-site of the UAS).
2015-3-25
Use props
mitchell.lee.ap
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys

I'm new to the forum but in the past few days I've read a lot of this useful information, this specific thread is filled with information and it appears we are all doing the same thing.  You guys should post your company websites.  I'd love to look at them, I formed an LLC myself last year to start an aerial business.  Bird's Eye View It cost me 1,285 to form my LLC and I used an actual lawyer. $285 to file my articles of organiation and $500 for the lawyer fee.  Finally in NY you have to pay $500 for two newspaper publications, which is pointless.  

If we are all running the same business from opposite corners of the country (I'm in NY) then we aren't competition and should try to help each other out.  Would love to hear some of your marketing and sales techniques as I am a one man team and only have so many ideas.

Right now my main market is real estate, talking with a small office about working exclusively for them this year, shooting car dealerships (I have a job tomorrow actually), and I'm trying to get in with the local news stations through a couple friends.  Going to a yearly small business show and networking event in a few days, hoping to make a few new contacts with small business owners.

Would love to share, maybe exchange some information.  Feel free to just fill out the "contact us" form on my website and i'll share my contact information with you.
2015-3-25
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-24 19:32
You can not charge anyone unless you have submitted your petition for waivers through the FAA and h ...

How long does it take after submitting to the FAA for a waiver?
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

rjs21989 Posted at 2015-3-25 23:42
How long does it take after submitting to the FAA for a waiver?

4-5 months
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-25 21:20
This would be my point of view:  If you are going to operate a UAS in US federal controlled airspa ...

That a perfect example of pure stupidity.
Sorry bro, that's retarded thinking IMO -
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-25 21:20
This would be my point of view:  If you are going to operate a UAS in US federal controlled airspa ...

That will NEVER happen and I'll bet my whole 10k on it.
I have never heard anything so ridiculous, there is no flippin way -
2015-3-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob, I'm curious, here in Canada we don't have the N number thing but we do have registration numbers they are different for the type of craft you fly. My question is, when you attach a registration number to your aircraft is there restrictions that come into play? Do you have to inform aviation authorities when your going to be flying? We do in Canada. The moment a registered aircraft plans to leave the ground, the pilot must transmit the intention to the other pilots in the area or a tower if in range. But what about where and how the registered aircraft can fly? Also, do you need to do an annual and prove Fit foR Flight? Do you have to comply with rebuild times? I know that sometimes moving an aircraft into a specific class can create some difficulties that are unneeded. Fro instance, home built vs. Kit built or experimental, each class has advantages , like being able to fix yourself or modify, and disadvantages depending on the class of registration. Will your N number effect you at all?
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

What's your first name Dangair?
2015-3-25
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 01:16
That will NEVER happen and I'll bet my whole 10k on it.
I have never heard anything so ridiculous, ...

Are you betting that the FAA will not request an operator to have a pilot's license?  If so don't bet on it they are doing just that.  Every indication points to the FAA expecting UAS operators to have a license with each approved 333's.  But if you want to bet I can use the 10K.
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

drklion
Are you betting that the FAA will not request an operator to have a pilot's license? -

Here you go brother, have at it. I'll meet you there. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-26 02:52
Bob, I'm curious, here in Canada we don't have the N number thing but we do have registration number ...

You want the facts?
The FAA is so confused about what to do, that's why commercial has been deemed "prohibited" all this time, while other countries had rules implemented. It's going to be extremely difficult for them to "draw the line" as to the differences between the two. I cannot see the FAA forcing RC Pilots with crafts under 55lbs to spend the time and money to learn how to fly a full sized airplane, or a full sized heli.

Please discuss on this new thread - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-25
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 04:36
You want the facts?
The FAA is so confused about what to do, that's why commercial has been deemed ...

Not sure what side you are taking.  Are you betting that the FAA will not enforce the UAS operator to obtain a PP or will enforce?  

I did post on the thread that you provided and in short as of today the FAA has only approved 333's with the understanding that the UAS operator has a PP.  In the article that you provided, I had the privilege of reading the FAA document before it came out, the FAA is looking to have the UAS operator have a license but not having to obtain a PP, something along the lines of a sport license but with the understanding that the license is only used for UAS.  The operator will still have to go through class and training but it will not be as expensive as a PP or a sport license.

So for argument sake a PP, presently, helps approve a 333.
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-26 06:38
Not sure what side you are taking.  Are you betting that the FAA will not enforce the UAS operator  ...

So after I took the time to start that other thread, you continue to contaminate this thread with this 333 crap!
Damn it man, I am no longer going to reply to you,  be pissed if you want, but PLEASE bring this topic to the other forum !!!!

I'm logging out for the night - getting too stressed out about this SILLINESS. Maybe I'll just fly undercover and eff it !!!
2015-3-25
Use props
DJK
New
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-26 06:38
Not sure what side you are taking.  Are you betting that the FAA will not enforce the UAS operator  ...

I think if one drone operator gets into an airplane that is in the legal airspace, or someone with influence gets hurt, The balance beam will fall heavy towards a PP license, or UAV license that is close to the same with UAV experience vs flight experience.

The 333 expectations just got changed to ease the burden, and can just as easily swing the other way overnight...
2015-3-25
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 06:44
So after I took the time to start that other thread, you continue to contaminate this thread with  ...

I have replied to your other thread.  And No I am not pissed.  Just giving some info and my points.  Take a chill pill for the night.
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

DJK Posted at 2015-3-26 06:49
The 333 expectations just got changed to ease the burden, and can just as easily swing the other way overnight ...

Comprehension skills on this site are very poor, here's the 333 thread - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Peace out, I'm done for the night -

Bob
2015-3-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 02:55
What's your first name Dangair?

Stephen but you can call me chicken little 2? If you feel the need
2015-3-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Not sure if it would be a great idea in person though?
2015-3-25
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Just read a lawyers online ad for filing a 333, $5,000-$7,500 depending on different factors. That is not an option for me at this point. Will read others fillings tonight to get a handle on how difficult this is to complete without legal assistance. What are some of your thoughts??? See one or two saying they will tackle it on their own but I will be honest, I'm a little apprehensive! I take this very seriously, as do many of you, just hope I can get through this red tape and hit the ground running (or hit the sky flying while safely avoiding the ground, people and protected airspace) !!!
2015-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules