GPX and/or fit files
4713 11 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archangel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164669 ft
Netherlands

I bought a mavic pro last week. Before the mavic i had a parrot bebop.
When i took the flightdata from the bebop it contained GPX and/or FIT files that i could use in garmin virb edit, to make overlays on my video's.
I know that i can use dashware for this, but i prefer garmin virb edit.
Is it possible to get or convert GPX/FIT files from the mavic to use with the garmin software?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry, there is no GPX/FIT files of flight data. If you have any issue during the flight, please feel free to contact us, our engineers will help to find the exact reason. Thank you for your understanding!
2017-7-24
Use props
ermep01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419803 ft
Netherlands

In the DJI 4 Go app goto Camera Settings - Turn on Video Caption.
Then your .srt files are recorded along with your videofiles.

@DJI Susan: Maybe an idea to make a separate manual for the DJI Go 4 app?
2017-7-24
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

To get back to the OP's original desire, in addition to the .srt files, if you are using a MAC, you might be able to use the following program to generate the .gpx data that Garmin VIRB edit would need to generate the overlays:

https://sites.google.com/site/oterrae/phantom-overlay

I have no idea if this will work for the Mavic as I haven't tried it out yet - I suppose it's possible that the Phantom video files have a different .srt format to the Mavic for example?  I'm very new to the DJI world so I'm not sure.  Anyway, worth a try.
2017-7-25
Use props
Archangel
lvl.1
Netherlands

MDJ Posted at 2017-7-25 01:59
To get back to the OP's original desire, in addition to the .srt files, if you are using a MAC, you might be able to use the following program to generate the .gpx data that Garmin VIRB edit would need to generate the overlays:

https://sites.google.com/site/oterrae/phantom-overlay

thanks, i'll give this a try.
2017-8-19
Use props
Archangel
lvl.1
Netherlands

Archangel Posted at 2017-8-19 02:03
thanks, i'll give this a try.

it's for mac only, so a no go...
2017-8-19
Use props
Archangel
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-24 19:41
Sorry, there is no GPX/FIT files of flight data. If you have any issue during the flight, please feel free to contact us, our engineers will help to find the exact reason. Thank you for your understanding!

This is not about issues, my mavic workes fine. I just want to have the flight data in my video's sometimes.
And that's not easy in it's current form.
2017-8-19
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Another idea ;) upload your "txt" flight file in airdata.com and you'll be able to export it as kml than transferring to gpx should not be difficult ;)
Good luck
2017-8-19
Use props
Archangel
lvl.1
Netherlands

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-19 03:47
Another idea ;) upload your "txt" flight file in airdata.com and you'll be able to export it as kml than transferring to gpx should not be difficult ;)
Good luck

i know about airdata.com. but i find it a bit stupid to pay just for converting a tinny amount of data. i have a free account at the moment, but thats limited to 100 flights.
2017-8-19
Use props
djiuser_MGJUF2eejIeI
New

United States

I converted my text file to kml, to gpx, and received an error uploading it to garmin connect as an activity. Another thread I found stated that it could only be loaded as a course, unfortunately this doesn't translate as an activity with flight data.
2018-7-24
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

You guys can use this to convert the SRT files form the Video Caption option to GPX
https://tailorandwayne.com/dji-srt-viewer/
2019-6-7
Use props
Vitor Neto
New

United Kingdom

hi there if you go to djitelemetryoverlay.com/subtitle-extractor and upload your video file this will extract your srt gps file
2020-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules