914 6 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

first of all, im very new to droning, spark is my first.  i only been droning for 2-3 days.  so you can take that as you wish...  
so my spark had 1 huge crash just now.   inspruied me to think up a helpful list of things.

so things i discovered  take them as you wish: things to remeber, i have fly more package, i use RC and OTG when i can:

1.  problems always happens on my second battery, i have fly more package, and yes i refreshed firmware for the battery and spark..  its not falling out of the sky or cutting power mid flight... but it is related to my battery swap.. first battery it can be a bit weird but its mostly rock solid... 2nd battery is a toss up doesnt matter which is second battery.. during that flight, but all my flyaways have occured on 2nd battery.

2. problems happen when the drone/battery heats up.. i havent tested this theory too much but i think it is related... but seems to start acting up longer it runs? no i havent overheated yet or had a cut out. but i have noticed my drone and battery both noticable warm...

3. it runs perfectly fine in my park near by, almost like differant drone... however it did fly away at the park using tracking mode, i was wearing red, the foilage is green...fairly contrasty i think..

4. it obeys me usually very well for first 5 minutes of a flight around the crowded network areas....after that it is a toss up.
either related to heat, or power avilability or something... its fairly conisistant.

5. low battery (30% default) around low battery mark the drone really starts becoming prone to more problems, could be related to power saving thing or could be hidden issue with something else.   i advise people with spark if they around 30% to use extra caution.

6. network switching is very promlematic and maybe a bit too sluggish, DJI really really needs to fix networking side.  it jumps networks mid flight and that alone can cause real issues with rlyaways even with RC and OTG.. prob more issues than that with the spark and its wifi...

7. the app on andriod is a mess at the moment, i reccomend using iOS for added stability and reliability...

8. dont count on pause button, or RTH button in flyaway or when spark decided it has better things to do than to listen to you. not only because it likely ignore pause and RTH commands, but also because it has been known to reset RTH location, to lord only knows..  instead better off chasing it and reloading the app, and preying to the drone gods that it links back up and u can force it back to u or within easy safe grabbing range...

im sure more to add to this list.  

2017-7-24
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

I haven't had any problems with "flyaways", but I have certainly had my share of dropped connections. Depending on settings/distance it will lower to a 1 ft altitude hover or it will RTH.

Seems like it's rock solid when I am able to get away from areas congested with wifi networks. And when I am in wifi congested areas, altitude seems to help greatly. I wonder if a lot of the dropped connection problems are due to the spark/Rc trying to change wifi channels in wifi noisy areas and somehow messing up the channel change.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Natesac Posted at 2017-7-24 12:27
I haven't had any problems with "flyaways", but I have certainly had my share of dropped connections. Depending on settings/distance it will lower to a 1 ft altitude hover or it will RTH.

Seems like it's rock solid when I am able to get away from areas congested with wifi networks. And when I am in wifi congested areas, altitude seems to help greatly. I wonder if a lot of the dropped connection problems are due to the spark/Rc trying to change wifi channels in wifi noisy areas and somehow messing up the channel change.

good theory...  i think the switching algorithm is possible buggy or broken.  when it works and locks into a channel it is amazing..specially clear open area

my area has what i would call "moderate wifi congestion"   but it seems to get more and more vulnerable to bugs the more it runs.

my concern is somehow unrelated bugs spill over and cause other issues maybe..  like for example, my GF lost GPS, right after a net switch...  and it straight up tried to off itself into a fence without her commanding it.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately... my spark has finally committed suicide.   

it disobeyed me again and rammed into a tree at 30mph, not even on my own property.. and fell 100 feet or so and now gimbal error... camera works, but i cannot command gimbal activity and it doesn't compensate..   weird part is this first time its gone completely disobedience while connected.   storms in the distance i was going to try to use my drone to get video of the approaching storm before it hit..

i am returning it to amazon, i really wanted to spark to be something special, unfortunately it really has a mind of its own...  

few things to note.. the drone wasn't hot, battery was cool, battery was semi low however, around 32% at take off and 24% when it decided to crash itself... i was pllaning on keeping it in my back yard... but fail.  

no wind either, very much the calm before the storm.. it leaned forward like it was launching itself into a wall..

if there is a better fix for the camera gimble thing please let me know....
2017-7-24
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

Fingers crossed that the new DJIGO4/firmware rolling out improves our issues. I was hoping to use this spark for some real estate walkthroughs.

Right now it's just not quite reliable enough to fly low altitude suburbia.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i know it is a bit early to even think about this..  but i hope the spark 2 has occusync.   

im so drawn to the spark because of its size.. mavic really is pulling at me to buy it it is a masterpiece but, come on... spark is perfect size for its potential... just needs to effing work.     even though my gimbal is dead, i took it on 1 last flight before returning it to amazon....   deciding if i should get Mavic pro when i get refund or get another spark and prey to DJI drone gods they turn the Spark into masterpiece.  the size is more than ideal, the speed is, i think ok for an  new drone user like me.. 30mph is decent.. camera, ok that need some help but if you know manual control its ok, and usable...   the fact that spark has serial suicidal issues and other bugs.. i think imma get a Mavic pro..  wait till DJI spark s fixed or until it gets revision it needs spark 2 with occusync and no hate for its own life.
2017-7-24
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This might be able to help you: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... ser-error-flyaways/
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules