4219 4 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans023de40a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371 ft
United States

Hello,

Has anyone tried charging their Spark batteries with the battery charging hub powered by an external battery bank with an AC port?

Curious to know if it is possible, as the goal would be to make the hub portable in order to charge additional batteries while flying (as opposed to charging batteries through the drone's micro USB slot). I am currently flying with 3 batteries total, but a portable charging hub solution would easily double that or more.

Thanks!
2017-7-24
Use props
fansf3e98309
lvl.1

Canada

Get the ravpower as shown in this video: But at 170 dollar, you can easily by 3 more spark batteries, which would also double your flight time. This would make more sense.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans023de40a
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply and video. You're right about buying 3 more batteries for the price of the battery bank. The concern with this would be the need  to swap when charging the 6 total batteries on the hub. I think I will still go with the battery bank for the option of charging on the go.

Will reply here with thoughts after I have tested it in the real world.

Thanks again!
2017-7-24
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

With a traditional power bank, I don't think what your looking for is possible because the multi-charger requires mains power, I charge the Spark though a power bank, this one actually http://amzn.to/2v1rVYs
2017-7-24
Use props
fans023de40a
lvl.1
United States

Hey Bradders,

Thanks for the reply. I actually just did a field test today with the same AC battery bank mentioned in the video in the response up above by fansf3e98309.

From what I could tell, the power bank charged the Spark batteries through the hub as if it were plugged into a normal wall outlet. I have not done a full timed charge test from 0% to 100% and probably won't, but for anyone else out there that was curious the power bank works great.

The video fansf3e98309 linked to also has a promo code right now if you buy through Amazon (not affiliated), just in case others wanted to buy the same one and save a bit.

Happy flying!
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules