Corrupted files from
1238 5 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

Yesterday, I did a video shoot for a realtor.  I used both an Osmo, and an Osmo Mobile.  12 out of 15 files for the Osmo and 14 out of 15 files for the Mobile are corrupt.  Completely unacceptable.  All I can think is that I want my money back for these products.  They are garbage.

Now, some of you are going to be real helpful and tell me about my San Disk Ultra not being fast enough.  I assure you it is.  There is nothing wrong with my iPhone 6SE either.  

The video that came through is out of sync with the voice.  The video that is corrupted doesn't play.  The djifix doesn't work on these files.  I can't find any way to recover the files.  I can't even move the files from my phone or the SD card to my computer.  This issue alone renders these products useless.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product and the trouble brought. Please check the videos in Playback of APP, you can delete corrupted clips to see if other videos can be moved from SD card to your computer.
I suggest to refresh the firmware by the following steps because you have another problem that the audios don't sync with video:
1.Download the firmware to root directory of SD card.
2.Before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button simultaneously, then pull the Power Switch down for about 5 second until the right LED blinks red and green.
3.The OSMO will detect the firmware and begin updating.
4.The update is complete when the LED displays solid green.
Please check if the problems persist.
2017-7-26
Use props
DieterBaumann
New
Germany

Hi, I had the same problem. I tested it with different SD cards. Fast and very fast ones. Always the same problem. I am shure it has nothing to with the SDs.
The videos are only black or they start for one second and freeze after the second. The filesize is alway round about 2,3 MB.
So I tested and tested many times and I think have found the real problem. If I have a SIM card in my iPhone and the iPhone is on the mobile holder close to the OSMO+
I have this problem. If my iphone is round about 20-30 cm away the problem comes not so often. If I take the SIM-card out of my iPhone and no other mobile is around I have
no more problems!!!!! Try it and tell me about the result!
2017-7-30
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DieterBaumann Posted at 2017-7-30 06:24
Hi, I had the same problem. I tested it with different SD cards. Fast and very fast ones. Always the same problem. I am shure it has nothing to with the SDs.
The videos are only black or they start for one second and freeze after the second. The filesize is alway round about 2,3 MB.
So I tested and tested many times and I think have found the real problem. If I have a SIM card in my iPhone and the iPhone is on the mobile holder close to the OSMO+

Thanks for the tip!  I'll try it on my next shoot.

I just took some video using the Osmo only and an iPhone 6SE.  Half the files were corrupted, so I am hoping your fix is the answer.  Sad that I have to do all of this just to get the DJI product to work as advertised.
2017-8-5
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

Pulling the SIM card did not fix the issue.  I shot some video and 7 out of 9 clips are corrupted.  I formatted the SD card before starting, turned off bluetooth, made sure I was connected via wi-fi to the Osmo, and walked around the yard with the camera.  I can't even move the video from the SD card.  I get:

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “DJI_0001.MOV” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

So, no ... I won't be able to upload the video to DropBox for a technician to examine.  At this point, all I can do is reformat the SD card.
2017-8-6
Use props
Parsifal
lvl.1
Norway

I got the same error code (36) in Finder when trying to copy some new videos from the SD card in my drone to my laptop via USB. I tried to copy them in Terminal, same result. I then tried to run the "First aid" tool on the SD card in the "Disk utility" which solved the problem. Just make sure no apps or any is currently using the mounted SD card, as "First aid" will need to unmount it and re-mount it. Hope this can be of help to someone.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules