Please, implement separate settings for photo/video!
1121 6 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krakozawr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250725 ft
United States

The shared settings for photo and video modes is nonsens. Photo and video have absolutely different phylosophy and require different settings. For example, I may want D-LOG and manual mode with a fixes shutter speed 1/60 for video, but if I will use these settings, I will have ISO 500 even in DNG in photo and unacceptable long exposure if I will swithing from video to photo. And, because the flying time is very limited, and thing happens fast, it's not a very good practice to spent time in the settings switching multiple settings from photo to video, then back.

If photo and video settings will be separated, it will help alot. And it is only software thing as far as I understand. Please, do it!

2017-7-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Krakozawr,

Does your P4 series camera have the same settings for video and photo?  I have a P3P, P4 and P4 Pro and none of them has the same camera settings for video and photo.  Maybe you should check again or I could just not be understanding what you are trying to say.  As far as I can tell, and have been using, there is a settings option for things like display Histogram and then there are the video settings and then the Photo settings.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-24
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-24 21:11
Aloha Krakozawr,

Does your P4 series camera have the same settings for video and photo?  I have a P3P, P4 and P4 Pro and none of them has the same camera settings for video and photo.  Maybe you should check again or I could just not be understanding what you are trying to say.  As far as I can tell, and have been using, there is a settings option for things like display Histogram and then there are the video settings and then the Photo settings.

Noop, you are wrong.
Technically, you can see settings for photo and video. But they are practically not independents and useless in this way.

I made the series of screenshots. See, I started from the VIDEO mode. The settings are D-LOG (which mean that I have the fixed ISO 500), manual mode with fixed SS and Aperture. OK, that I want to see here.

But now, I want to take a shot. Great, now, I switch into the PHOTO mode. OOOPSSSS!!!! I still have D-LOG (which will affect JPEG only) and fixed ISO 500 (which will affect my RAW, too!). And also, I have the manual mode with fixed SS and A.

OK, let's change my settings back. I want aperture priority and D-CINE which have no ISO limitation. Done... but OOOPPPSS again: the ISO is AUTO now, which is definitely not what I want to have.

OK, let's return into the VIDEO mode. And again: now, I have all my settings for PHOTO, which I must change again... In the flight... Thank you DJI, you take care about user experience and flight safety
Video settings:

The VIDEO settings

The VIDEO settings

VIDEO mode, all settings listed on the screen:
Screenshot_20170725-153540.png

Go to PHOTO - OOPSS. My video settings are here, include D-LOG
Screenshot_20170725-153602.png

Lets adjust...

2017-7-25
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately, I can't add more screenshots, but trust me, when you will switch back to VIDEO you will have them all settings you did for photo. It's crazy.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Krakozawr Posted at 2017-7-25 11:57
Unfortunately, I can't add more screenshots, but trust me, when you will switch back to VIDEO you will have them all settings you did for photo. It's crazy.

Aloha Krakozawr,

This is interesting. My Video/Photo settings do not act like that.  They always change.  I will go out and check on this with the settings you are using.  

Hopefully I will be able to fly.  Kind of windy out.  Hold that thought!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Krakozawr Posted at 2017-7-25 11:57

Aloha Krakozawr,

Somehow, I am unable to reproduce your results.  You have "Lock ISO" and I cannot figure out how you did it.  It appears that is your problem.  Unlock the ISO and the settings should change back and forth like mine do.  Here is your screen capture with the Locked ISO circled.

Aloha and Drone On!
Locked.jpg
2017-7-25
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
United States

it's strange. Look ISO for D-LOG is the pretty standard behavior, as far as I understand. As soon as I pick D-LOG I have no any options for ISO. Are you sure that you checked this with D-LOG?
But what about the general behavior? When you switching between photo and video, do you have the specific settings (ISO/ColorStyle/ShootingMode (Aperture, exposure etc) different for photo and video, or you have the same settings afters switching?

Screenshot_20170725-153354.png

Screenshot_20170727-115420.png
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules