Poor video cache quality (EDITOR)
6875 8 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mahuna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90623 ft
Croatia

HI. Spark is my first drone and mostly I'm very satisfied. The one thing that's bugging me is the poor video cache quality (video in the editor in the DJI Go app). Video from the SD is great but video on the phone (iPhone 6S) is full of noise and artifacts and it's completely useless. Every few seconds the whole picture gets blurry and then gets sharp again. This "effect" goes quickly from the top to the bottom of the video.

Is this a normal behaviour and if so what's the point of the video cache?

Thanks in advance
D
2017-7-25
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

the video is for "quick sharing", if you want better quality you will have to use the sd card.. Further more quality also depends on the quality of the transmission during recording.. if transmission is bad, the vid quality will be bad as well.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The video cache depends on the image transmission quality. It is mainly used for composition of a picture/video. As for film editing, you are recommended to use the original video in SD card to get better performance.
2017-7-25
Use props
Mahuna
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-25 02:48
The video cache depends on the image transmission quality. It is mainly used for composition of a picture/video. As for film editing, you are recommended to use the original video in SD card to get better performance.

Thanks for the info but my problem is that the  transmission quality is much better than the recorded video cache. The quality is the same regardless how bad transmission was. It is bad even on quick shots where drone is at full wifi signal (using remote) only a few meters away. It is same on all the videos. I don't see anything like that on the live feed.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mahuna Posted at 2017-7-25 04:35
Thanks for the info but my problem is that the  transmission quality is much better than the recorded video cache. The quality is the same regardless how bad transmission was. It is bad even on quick shots where drone is at full wifi signal (using remote) only a few meters away. It is same on all the videos. I don't see anything like that on the live feed.

May I know which type of mobile do you use? Could you send us some video cache via Google Drive or Dropbox? We will check it. Thank you for cooperation in advance.
2017-7-25
Use props
Mahuna
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-25 04:59
May I know which type of mobile do you use? Could you send us some video cache via Google Drive or Dropbox? We will check it. Thank you for cooperation in advance.

Sure. I'm using Iphone 6S.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfdao ... Pa5gSDgcA4tdLa?dl=0

Here is the link. I'm standing maybe a 10 meters away with full wifi signal.
Thanks in advance
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! It seems that the first video looks better than the second. Did you control the drone by mobile or RC directly when the issue appeared? How about changing to another control way? Also, please refer the video and export the flight data for further analysis.

2017-7-26
Use props
Mahuna
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 20:34
Received with thanks! It seems that the first video looks better than the second. Did you control the drone by mobile or RC directly when the issue appeared? How about changing to another control way? Also, please refer the video and export the flight data for further analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Hi Susan. Thanks for coming back to me. To be honest I don't see much difference between videos. In both cases I was using RC. I never tried only mobile. Also all the videos are the same  meaning the issue didn't appear - it was always present from the day one. So you need flight data - for the videos i gave you?

Thanks in advance
D
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mahuna Posted at 2017-7-27 06:02
Hi Susan. Thanks for coming back to me. To be honest I don't see much difference between videos. In both cases I was using RC. I never tried only mobile. Also all the videos are the same  meaning the issue didn't appear - it was always present from the day one. So you need flight data - for the videos i gave you?

Thanks in advance

We need the data of File 25-07-2017, 15 09 47.mov. Please check above video and send the whole file to us.
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules