Apple To Android DJI Swith
1639 12 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

I have had my DJI 3 Standard for several weeks and haven really came across any real issues yet..I have read many of the problems with the last updates and I am really concerned...so many posts regarding problems.

Excuse my limited knowledge of the correct verbiage but I have been using an IPhone 6s for my DJI GO app and am considering switching to a larger screen Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet. This tablet will be used exclusively with my DJI and I have already downloaded the DJI GO app but am really kind of nervous about switching viewing devices....am I just being too cautious or could a HUGE problem come up when I switch?
2017-7-25
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

There should not be any reason to worry.  Bring the iphone with you if it will make you feel better, until you gain confidence with the Android.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans27fdff52
New
United States

I did pretty much the same thing (iPhone6 to Galaxy Tab A). I do suggest that you look at the tab A instead of E as I think the resolution, battery, and processor might be worth the few extra bucks. The android app doesn't work quite as smoothly, the screen does freeze very briefly once in a while but it works pretty well. All things considered I'm satisfied with the galaxy tab A for flying (Mavic) over my iPhone.
2017-7-25
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

fans27fdff52 Posted at 2017-7-25 17:46
I did pretty much the same thing (iPhone6 to Galaxy Tab A). I do suggest that you look at the tab A instead of E as I think the resolution, battery, and processor might be worth the few extra bucks. The android app doesn't work quite as smoothly, the screen does freeze very briefly once in a while but it works pretty well. All things considered I'm satisfied with the galaxy tab A for flying (Mavic) over my iPhone.

Heh, I too have switched back and forth between iOS and Android, but also am a Mavic pilot lol.  Lurking.
2017-7-25
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

fans27fdff52 Posted at 2017-7-25 17:46

I have a couple of the Tab E's that are just sitting around in unopened boxes so my plan is to use one of them.

I went to the DJI go download page and downloaded the app for Android and after download and opening up the main page I get the Inspire 1 on the screen...I have deleted the DJI go app twice and downloaded again and the app still keeps coming up as the Inspire...any comments?
2017-7-26
Use props
rytenuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

You just scroll to the left and the Phantom 3 will come up. Then you use the drop down menu to select the Standard.
2017-7-26
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

LOTO Posted at 2017-7-26 02:55
I have a couple of the Tab E's that are just sitting around in unopened boxes so my plan is to use one of them.

I went to the DJI go download page and downloaded the app for Android and after download and opening up the main page I get the Inspire 1 on the screen...I have deleted the DJI go app twice and downloaded again and the app still keeps coming up as the Inspire...any comments?

I have did that 3 times and the page shows I am downloading the app for the Standard but when I open the app on the tablet it shows the Inspire?
Could easily be operator error though
2017-7-26
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How did you connect to your Standard? and what Go app version do use?
2017-7-26
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-26 06:28
How did you connect to your Standard? and what Go app version do use?

I removed the app from my tablet and downloaded the app again and same thing,,,connect to camera page shows "Inspire" and I do not go any further in trying to connect...my IPhone connects just fine and I am using the app from google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en
2017-7-26
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

LOTO Posted at 2017-7-26 07:20
I removed the app from my tablet and downloaded the app again and same thing,,,connect to camera page shows "Inspire" and I do not go any further in trying to connect...my IPhone connects just fine and I am using the app from google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en

When I have the app open the page shows a picture of the Inspire as the camera but when I do connect to my Standard the photo and drop down box then change to my DJI 3 Standard and I can connect and all seems right...kind of odd that the app defaults to the Inspire until connected.
2017-7-26
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swipe left.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We suggest you to use one of recommended tablets which have been fully tested by our engineers: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads.And the APP will identify the correct drone once connected.
Recommended list of P3S.png
2017-7-29
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If the android or iOS device connected to the RC and AC via WIFI then the Go app must recognize the right AC from the first connection on up to now. The first setup i did it with an 6 years old ODYS and the app did recognize the P3S. I ´d not to swipe anything. I´d an upgrade to a MPQC96i (not in the list) and the device is acting correct with the latest App version and the latest FW 1.9.0200.
If the app not recognize the copter  then it´s a connection error the culprit,WIFI(P3S/some Mavics if these has WIFI)  or light bridge(P3A/P P4´s and Inspires RAW/P/2  and  Mavics) it´s equal.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules