Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile Device CPU Fully Loaded
12Next >
4307 57 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cd1abae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 849094 ft
Cyprus

Hello DJI Mindy
Yesterday everything were Perfect but today after the updates of the AC RC GO to the latest firmware and software I am getting this disaster warning:Mobile Device CPU Fully Loaded and related performance will be affected.And thats true because it started the image transmision signal warning with the screen getting green grey black black-out and also overheated able to fry an egg on it perfectly!!!
But the most important is that my Device is the iPad Pro 9.7 (wifi-Cellular)with the GO APP and MAPS only installed and the free space is 120GB (SD Card:SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro)
DONNIE I think we must apply to NASA to find us a solution with a more powerfull CPU
I have allready chat with the support team earlier today and they said that they will pass it over
MY GOD!!!!!! A BRAND NEW IPAD PRO WITH ITS CPU FULLY LOADED?????
I CAN NOT BELEIVE IT.THE PROBLEM I THINK IS THE GO APP HEAVILY LOADED AND I HOPE THIS TIME WILL BE SOLVED SOON

2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

Seriously... Wow. You're joking right!?
At this point I am seriously considering returning my $2,000.00 paperweight. I'm trying to run a business over here.
2017-7-25
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am experiencing the same message with an iPad mini 4 cellular after the latest updates on my Inspire 1 Pro.
2017-7-25
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

I'm getting the same message on my and i didn't have before ..what going on with that  i have a mini ipad  
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

neo0 Posted at 2017-7-25 12:44
I'm getting the same message on my and i didn't have before ..what going on with that  i have a mini ipad

Simple. If you've read any other posts about the firmware upgrade you'll know it's caused by an update they did within the firmware causing the iPads (commonly anything without an A10x chip) overheat and start performing poorly.
2017-7-25
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Cyprus

Crystal and very clear that the latest updates cause this huge mess again
2017-7-25
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Cyprus

LevitatedMedia its totally disapointing to have this kind of problem again but lets hope that they will come up with a new update soon to fix it
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Ioannou Posted at 2017-7-25 13:17
LevitatedMedia its totally disapointing to have this kind of problem again but lets hope that they will come up with a new update soon to fix it

I've seen on another post that those using the DJI Go 4 app (for Inspire 2 and sh** like that) are no longer having the issue...

Come on DJI... Don't leave us Inspire 1 users in teh dark!
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 13:22
I've seen on another post that those using the DJI Go 4 app (for Inspire 2 and sh** like that) are no longer having the issue...

Come on DJI... Don't leave us Inspire 1 users in teh dark!

We don't know for sure yet.  So far only one person with one flight.  I thought I had found a work around last week, but after several people tried, the CPU overload returned.  After dealing with this for the last month, I remain skeptical for now until I get more flights in.
2017-7-25
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

anyone know if you can install legacy versions of the go app?
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 13:23
We don't know for sure yet.  So far only one person with one flight.  I thought I had found a work around last week, but after several people tried, the CPU overload returned.  After dealing with this for the last month, I remain skeptical for now until I get more flights in.

Well I look forward to your updates, I am hesitant to pull the trigger on the iPad Pro unless I absolutely have to.
2017-7-25
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 13:28
Well I look forward to your updates, I am hesitant to pull the trigger on the iPad Pro unless I absolutely have to.

DJI shouldn't be forcing people into new gear when what they had worked just fine before they changed the software.

I have a shoot for a commercial in the morning, so Ill get another test then.  Checking my sectional charts now.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 13:46
DJI shouldn't be forcing people into new gear when what they had worked just fine before they changed the software.

I have a shoot for a commercial in the morning, so Ill get another test then.  Checking my sectional charts now.

Good luck, keep me posted. I just started up commercially and am more then frustrated at this point.
2017-7-25
Use props
Neal J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42956 ft
United States

I'm anxious to hear how the I pad pro continues to perform too. My go app updated today too and am testing in the morning with my I pad air 2.
2017-7-25
Use props
Neal J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42956 ft
United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-25 13:47
Good luck, keep me posted. I just started up commercially and am more then frustrated at this point.

Me too. So frustrating.
2017-7-25
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
United States

neo0 Posted at 2017-7-25 12:44

That's great here we go again in upgrading equipment in order to use this product
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

You guys are using Apple tablets. So does this issue affect Android tablets. It does not seem to be the case. Why not going for a $500 android 6 tablet and all your problem should be gone. If it works, at least you are not throwing good money against bad money on ipad.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 16:36
You guys are using Apple tablets. So does this issue affect Android tablets. It does not seem to be the case. Why not going for a $500 android 6 tablet and all your problem should be gone. If it works, at least you are not throwing good money against bad money on ipad.

Truth be told? All my current mobile devices are Apple, the workflow is easier between Apple and Apple then Android & Apple. In addition, my own experiences have lead me to dislike Android products.
For what it's worth, if the company states it works with a piece of equipment - it should work!
2017-7-25
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 16:36

The problem isn't in the Ipad, its in the firmware.
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

"the workflow is easier between Apple and Apple then Android & Apple."
All the HD video and photo are on the sd card, there is really no android to apple or apple to apple methodology. Transferring your video and photo from SD card onto your computer and start your workflow from there, right?
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is a new APP feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device.
This prompt will pop out when the CPU of the mobile device is fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the iOS device will warm up.
It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight with a sunshade or monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile device may warn up and the CPU may under clock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences.
2017-7-25
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 19:20
"the workflow is easier between Apple and Apple then Android & Apple."
All the HD video and photo are on the sd card, there is really no android to apple or apple to apple methodology. Transferring your video and photo from SD card onto your computer and start your workflow from there, right?

No I'm speaking about across devices not workflow related to post production.

I own an iPhone, two Apple TV's, MacBook, two iPads... see where I'm getting at?
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 22:26
This is a new APP feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device.
This prompt will pop out when the CPU of the mobile device is fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the iOS device will warm up.
It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight with a sunshade or monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile device may warn up and the CPU may under clock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences.

We're all aware of it and what causes it however using a sunshade and staying out of direct sunlight is a not a fix and is a cookie cutter response. I'm sure it's above your pay grade but DJI is currently killing my business.
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-25 13:46

How did the flight go this morning?
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-26 11:56
How did the flight go this morning?

Actually it turned into 2 flights.  One a commercial shoot and then a real estate still image shoot.  For both, the I2 flew like a dream.  No issues what so ever.
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-26 12:16
Actually it turned into 2 flights.  One a commercial shoot and then a real estate still image shoot.  For both, the I2 flew like a dream.  No issues what so ever.

Safe to say the new update fixed the issue?

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a new iPad or waiting...any advice?

@DJIMindy - Any update on the firmware update push for the Inspire 1?
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Also, which iPad do you run again?
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-26 13:53
Also, which iPad do you run again?

An older iPad Air 16BG WiFi.  Came out in 2013
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-26 13:56
An older iPad Air 16BG WiFi.  Came out in 2013

Good to know, I'm running a iPad mini 2 from 2013 - 2014.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-7-26 13:50
Safe to say the new update fixed the issue?

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a new iPad or waiting...any advice?

This issue has been improved in new DJI Go 4.1.4 according to our engineer and the feedback from other users.
For DJI Go, I believe the new APP will be released soon as well, I would suggest to wait patiently if you don't have many urgent missions.
2017-7-27
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 00:33
This issue has been improved in new DJI Go 4.1.4 according to our engineer and the feedback from other users.
For DJI Go, I believe the new APP will be released soon as well, I would suggest to wait patiently if you don't have many urgent missions.

I sure hope that you guys are releasing that same fix to us Inspire 1 users today or tomorrow... Big flight coming up this Saturday.
2017-7-27
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 00:33

I haven't been able to compare previous versions much, because I've been grounded for a while ... ;-)

But just had my first (very short) flight since being without a camera and aircraft together for over 6 weeks. And wow what a great experience it is to be back up there!

Anyway, running DJI GO 4 v4.1.4 here. The CPU warnings took a while to start showing up, but once they started, it was constant almost. I had actually landed and was only connected to remote and aircraft. No video, nothing special. Just aircraft on ground.

Can you please find out from your developers or engineers if there is a way we can submit performance data so they can improve the code? I would happily do so for DJI ... maybe not for Microsoft or Google though!

I have an iPad mini 4, brand new. So I would hope that it could support a day's worth of flights without maxing out its resources. But like the others, the temp of the device is quite noticeable when the messages pop up. And we were in the shade at 85°F when this happened.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansf14a5466
New
United States

I too am experiencing the CPU Fully loaded warning.   I had video transmission problems that began on July 3rd and my last flight on July 4th was wrought delayed and jiggity video with half grey screen, then no screen, and the same story.   After talking to DJI support MULTIPLE times they advised to update to the latest firmware.   I did and then lost all hope as the controller wouldn't update.  I just got the P3Adv back from DJI repair and they advised it was just firmware and updated the firmware.   Today was teh first time back in the air since 4 July and immediately I got the same CPU FULLY LOADED warning pop up, and, video signal is wonky again.   UGH!
2017-7-29
Use props
T-BOLT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2713589 ft
United States

I've had the same issue as well on my 6 month old ipad mini 4 right after the update.  It almost ruined a big job I had last month, but I went out the next day and used a cooler and my car AC to bring the ipad back down to normal.  Going back to a job is not good!  

It doesn't matter if I'm running my P4 or I2, same thing happens using DJI GO 4.  I bit the bullet and ordered a CrystalSky today.  So basically I'm taking the hit on a 6 month old iPad and a new CrystalSky.  I just don't have time to mess with it, and high end clients don't want to hear the excuses.  

Honestly I'm not an Apple fan anyway, so I'll move on.  Still pretty sorry the DJI aircraft  I purchased recommend the Apple device right on the box, but now they are worse than running android devices.  The DJI drones are by far the best, but they are also the only reason I switched back to Apple in the first place.  Kinda seems like DJI is doing the same thing Apple does.  Proprietary.
2017-7-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

This apparently is Apple only related issue. If you are using Android 6 tablet, you will not have any issue at all. So why someone says dji work better with Apple gear.
2017-7-30
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-30 07:17
This apparently is Apple only related issue. If you are using Android 6 tablet, you will not have any issue at all. So why someone says dji work better with Apple gear.

"This app is optimized for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus." - Per DJI, on their website...

That's why people say it's supposed to work better with Apple gear.
2017-7-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-30 07:17

Could indeed be Apple related now.

Fwiw, on the Inspire 2 wrapper that comes on the foam case no where is an Android device specified.  Only Apple devices.  Thought it was strange, but my iPad Air 2 used to be 100% faultless over my Samsungs that never do work 100% right, but the Air 2 is now breaking up with the green and gray video lag issues that used to be daily with the Samsungs (Which are on their Approved, albeit now very old,  list too.).

DJI needs to update their "Approved Devices" list too as some are no longer made (Any Apple Air's for example.).  If it doesn't work with the new iPad Pro A10X then it is on DJI's shoulders as to why it isn't working right and loading up the CPU as that iPad has as much grunt as some gamer's laptops.
2017-7-30
Use props
Ioannou
lvl.4
Cyprus

Mindy you suggest to wait patiently,Ok we are waiting, but do you have any idea of  a GO update?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ioannou Posted at 2017-7-31 12:28
Mindy you suggest to wait patiently,Ok we are waiting, but do you have any idea of  a GO update?

I'm sorry that DJI Go hasn't been updated, only DJI Go 4 did.
I have no idea of the rough release date either, really sorry for that.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans54e80375
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155197 ft
Italy

Just flown a Mavic on DJI Go 4.1.5  (2952) with iPhone 6.  Just had the "mobile device CPU fully loaded" message.    Problem has not been fixed yet.
2017-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules