Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD Cards wont' work
1718 6 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

I've had my P4P only a few months and although it was a nice gesture to include a 8GB SD card it is really just a waste of time.  Filming in 4K results in about 5 minutes of video before it is full.  I bought 2 new cards and both say "SD card error" when inserted.  One gave me the option to format, which I did but then gave me the same error message.  I am not overly techie so was wondering if someone could tell me where I went wrong.  DJI specs state:

Micro SD
Max Capacity: 128GB
Write speed ≥15MB/s, Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

I bought Verbatim 32GB micro SDHC card, 45MB/s write speed 300x, Class 10, HC 1 and a Lexar 64GB 633x MicroSDXC, UHS-1, Class 10, 95 MB/s (read speed I assume) but write speed should be about half that.  The Lexar even has a drone on the package!

So I don't know if I have the wrong cards or if I'm doing something wrong.

TIA!
2017-7-25
Use props
Superdave1
lvl.1
United States

There is a FAQ on DJI wedsite for Phantom 4 pro, "Which Micro SD cards are supported?" Your card is not listed.
2017-7-25
Use props
Superdave1
lvl.1
United States

This should take you there....https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info
2017-7-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI advise in the manual that SD cards of a maximum of 64 Gb are supported. I have read on this forum that some people use the 128Gb cards  successfully.   I use a Sandisk Xtreme 64 Gb with no problems.   Have a look through the forum, it's only a few days ago that I read a thread on this theme.By the way did you format your card in a PC or in the drone?  The latter is recommended.
2017-7-25
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

The stats I gave above are right off the same page.  Why do they then only mention a few farther down the page in the Q & A.  

Frustrating.  Wasted my money.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  Thanks for the help.
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-7-25 15:20
The stats I gave above are right off the same page.  Why do they then only mention a few farther down the page in the Q & A.  

Frustrating.  Wasted my money.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  Thanks for the help.

Don't fret. You can probably use those cards for another camera or another task. If you want to be near certain about buying the best cards, then purchase Sandisk Extreme series cards, you won't be disappointed.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tia, sorry for the confusion first. To ensure compatibility, the SD card should be tested and you can find the recommended list in our website. Please choose quality products. The SD card of poor quality may affect recording.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules