1410 11 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got a Windows Surface Pro 4, and am wondering what all of you Windows users use to edit your videos?  I was using Pitivi on my laptop (Ubuntu) - but figure there have to be some good robust video editors.  I'm playing with Avidmux, but the last time I was on Windows I was using Moviemaker (which I see is now dead).  Thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Here are two "free" programs. I use Shortcut much since the program is stable and can write a lot of different video formats, including RAW video. Shortcut:  https://www.shotcut.org/

Davinchi resolve program is a prof editing program available in a free version. Unfortunately, it's not stable on my computer in the last version. Davinchi resolve: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/dk/products/davinciresolve/

Regards Leif.
2017-7-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Now I probably shouldn't share this but ive been using adobe premier pro for the last 6 months for free by using free trials. I downloaded it once then after the 7 day trial expires, I open up the .xml file and change the trial serial number by 1, and it resets the trial period. I get an annoying pop up saying I'm not using genuine adobe software but hey, it's free.
2017-7-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. You'll get lots of votes for Davinci Resolve, but you need an uber-grunty config to run it well. It's also very rich in features - and so accordingly very complicated to use.

My vote is for Wondersoft Filmora. I tried out trial versions of a few before settling on that. It has all the features I need (and more with additional downloadable content), and I was creating videos within the hour.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I use Adobe Premier Pro for video editing, you can buy a "creative cloud" package, which will allow you to access all of the adobe suit software, such as photoshop and after effects. Alternatively, if it's just video editing software, you can opt to buy Premier Pro only. I think premier pro's great for editing, it's a bit more advanced than movie maker, but once you get the hang of it it's super easy and very powerful! Hope this helped.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-7-25 21:04
Now I probably shouldn't share this but ive been using adobe premier pro for the last 6 months for free by using free trials. I downloaded it once then after the 7 day trial expires, I open up the .xml file and change the trial serial number by 1, and it resets the trial period. I get an annoying pop up saying I'm not using genuine adobe software but hey, it's free.

You can also say you are a "student", which will dramatically decrease the monthly price of the creative cloud software. I graduated last summer and am yet to update my information and have had no increase in price! You just have to give a university email address, however they don't verify it so you can just make one up!

The free trials used to be 30 days but people just ended up abusing it and having a lifetime supply of free adobe, much like yourself ;)
2017-7-25
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Movie maker is available in two free versions and both run very well on win 10 etc. The latest decision of MS to stop MM does not mean its not available anymore.

Movie maker live has gone - but you can still download earlier versions.

Movie maker 2.6 is the more advanced version that does literally everything and more and still free.

For most of my editing - I use Movie Maker Live ...

Nigel
2017-7-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 21:20
Hi. You'll get lots of votes for Davinci Resolve, but you need an uber-grunty config to run it well. It's also very rich in features - and so accordingly very complicated to use.

My vote is for Wondersoft Filmora. I tried out trial versions of a few before settling on that. It has all the features I need (and more with additional downloadable content), and I was creating videos within the hour.

Aloha Punchbuggy,

Resolve also has a 1000 page manual that is actually very easy to use.  Subject matter is broken up into basic concepts that you can use as needed.  And being a .pdf, it is very easy to scan for information.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone, thanks for the recommendations.   I had tried Resolve, but it doesn't size itself well for the tiny Surface screen.  I'm going to try and find MM, I just need something to cut stuff together, trim some fat, do transitions and type.  I'm going to grab Shotcut also - it looks very slick.  Premier is tempting, but it's probably overkill for what I want to do, and it seems like there are plenty of legit free programs. I do appreciate the tip on editing the xml file ;)
2017-7-26
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

I use Adobe Premiere Elements. It doesn't have all of the sophisticated bells and whistles but it lets me clip and paste, do transitions (when I use them) and add and edit music which is all I'm really looking for. It's also pretty inexpensive.
2017-7-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-25 21:20

Yes Filmora is a nice editing program
2017-7-26
Use props
Rsthelen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31726 ft
United States

I just got Vegas Pro a lot of options pretty easy to work as long as you know some basic idea (if not watch youtube, you can learn a lot from that)
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules