DJI Spark issues
3052 5 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_baNy0R7
New

United Kingdom

Hi

This is my first ever drone i have bought as i think it will be great when i leave on holiday next month. I am having some issues with it though..

I am using an S7 Edge + otg cable connected to rc etc
Everytime i power on the drone, to connect everything EVERY SINGLE TIME this is the procedure for me, surely this cant be normal?!

1- Power on spark drone
2- press and hold power button for 9 sec or so until it beeps 3 times (without this the wifi on my phone never picks up my spark) and connect to phone
3- with the otg cable etc connected to my phone and rc, i power on the rc (now orange light)
4- press and hold power button on spark drone for 3 sec (one beep)
5- QUICKLY press and hold control, pause and function buttons on rc while close to the drone so it pairs (now green light)

If i don't do step 5 what happens is the rc will connect but drone will lose connection with my phone?
What am i doing wrong?

Also having a few issues with signal being dropped before it picks it up again. I really want to enjoy it but struggling at the moment
2017-7-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The next flight try powering on the spark first, then power on the remote, then power on iPad and open go app and lastly plug the OTG  cable  into the remote, in that order. Works for me eveytime..
2017-7-25
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

Hi  djiuser, I'm also a beginner having just received the Spark package 1 month ago, but your process sounds way to cumbersome. If you purchased the fly-away package that included the RC, your drone was linked to the RC before you received it. I'm not sure, but the procedure you're using may have eliminated that link and then linked you to your phone. Then you connect phone on the RC and try to relink again. Read the manual and determine how to link the drone to the RC, you'll need the SSID and password found under the battery on the drone. Once you make that link, then turn on the RC, bring up DJI GO 4, then plug your OTG into the phone and then into the RC with the OTG end at the RC. You should see a message on the DJI-GO 4 app that you're connected. Turn on the Spark with a quick tap and then tap and hold - shouldn't take more than 4 seconds. Wait a few seconds and the RC will link with the Spark. Once the Spark GPS acquires enough satellites and determines your IMU is calibrated, you'll get a message on the screen that you're ready to fly. It will really speed up the IMU calibration if you read the manual and go through the whole process of turning the Spark on every axis while the system calibrates. Once you've done that there is very little wait each time you get ready to fly. Good luck.
2017-7-25
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

yes,Drone connect with RC, smartphone connect with RC...this is the way..

Your RC create a WIFI,well your phone connect this wifi passw is same for all rc 12341234
2017-7-25
Use props
Ken87
New

United Kingdom

@Sliderul, tried your method works perfect.
Thanks for the help guys.
2017-7-25
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

I might be missing something here but is this not a case of RTFM? Quite a few threads here (esp to do with RTH) seem to be a victim of this.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules