Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broken gimbal. Can it be fixed?
1863 5 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

No: CAS-793816-B1C4N1

Can someone from DJI look into this for me? I can't get a straight answer.

Long story short I broke the gimbal in a crash. It's been in for repair for a week and it's totally confusing because they immediately sent me a $495 full replacement invoice. I'm not debating fault and that's all DJI will tell me. It's user error. I'm not debating cause or fault.

Someone called me last Friday and said the firstinvoice was sent in error and that it probably could be repaired. But then I asked for an update and all I got was the invoice again. It's all about blame and not what is irreparable about the craft.

They will not tell me what is wrong with the unit. I've called several times and no one can tell me. They just keep telling me what happened. I know what happened. I still don't know what is wrong with the unit.

All I want is for someone to me why the gimble can't be replaced.

Then I can decide what to do.

No: CAS-793816-B1C4N1

Quint

2017-7-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

;(  geez what a nightmare man...    i hope you get it replaced for free or you get a refund.  

i'm getting a refund from amazon, and going the mavic Pro route until the spark 2 comes out.  my spark had a love fest with crashing into things and it broke its gimbal as well..
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Something amiss there, try get hold of a mod here they should be able to sort this for you, it's crazy....
2017-7-25
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Via a FB group, someone from DJI got through to someone.  I got a phone call and the communication error has been resolved and the gimbal/camera is being replaced. I'm not ranting. And this was my fault, etc. So all is good. I just wanted specific communication and now we've fixed that.

2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

quint7 Posted at 2017-7-25 17:52
Via a FB group, someone from DJI got through to someone.  I got a phone call and the communication error has been resolved and the gimbal/camera is being replaced. I'm not ranting. And this was my fault, etc. So all is good. I just wanted specific communication and now we've fixed that.

Quint, we are sincerely sorry for the lack of communication and wrong damage assessment, the new quotation has been sent to you and the gimbal will be replaced as soon as possible once you finish the payment.
Hope you will receive the drone very soon.
2017-7-25
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes. Thanks very much. All I wanted was someone to give me the actual details. Then I was able to make a decision. The repair invoice has been paid.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules