Unable to calibrate vision sensor - C'mon DJI - DJI please read !!!
506 3 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whirlygig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98927 ft
United Kingdom

I recently had my drone stolen, it was recovered, but had a damaged gimbal. I fixed that by changing the ribbon cable.

Afterwards, I was getting a calibration error. So, I went to the DJI Assistant - but fail after fail on my Windows 10 PC. I uninstalled the software, installed a new version - but still no good.

Fortunately, I have set up my PC as 'dual-boot', so I went into Windows 7 and loaded DJI assistant. During the install process I was given Windows warnings (4) of unsigned drivers. I accepted them (this wasn't warned of with Win10). Eventually, I got the DJI Assistant working and successfully re-calibrated my Mavic.

BUT C'MON DJI !! How much do we pay for these drones? You could at least pay Microsoft the licence to digitally sign the drivers!!!

I had to go through many previous posts to understand where the problem was - a waste of 2 hours of MY time x how many other people have suffered the same problem.

SIGN THE DRIVERS!!!   We Pay enough for the drones...
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We recommend installing it in Windows 7's PC. But I will transfer this to our engineer, thanks for the feedback.
Is the drone now all back to normal?
2017-7-25
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

It should work on Win10. I use it but I run it as Admin with NO PROBLEMS!!!
2017-7-25
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98927 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 18:29
We recommend installing it in Windows 7's PC. But I will transfer this to our engineer, thanks for the feedback.
Is the drone now all back to normal?

Thank-you for responding.

I DID manage to get it sorted - but it wasn't as simple as it could have been. Lot's of other people have the same problem - but it is only resolved by a 'workaround'. DJI are big enough that their users shouldn't have to 'workaround' the problem.

I wouldn't be happy if my Mercedes didn't start and I was told to lift the hood - hit it with a hammer!

C'mon DJI...
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules