Help with ios pilot app v 1.02 issues.
1434 3 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

I know everyone is aware of the NTSC/ mp4 settings not sticking, but I am running into other issues with the app that I'm not sure how to address.
Sometimes, not all the time, the histogram will be displayed on the app, however if you go into the settings tab, it shows it as being "off". This is not that big of an issue, although I do not know if it has any effect on what the histogram is displaying.

The bigger issue I have, is that the exposure zebra warning for clipped highlights also does not work all the time even when it says it's on. I can confirm this by adjusting my iso to 400-3200 in bright daylight and it has no effect. No indication anything is being clipped.

Has anyone else run into these issues? Is there a current workaround? I tried restarting the app in multiple different ways (with settings toggled on or off) but that doesn't fix the issue.

I'm running on iPad mini 2, and issues have been present with both IOS v 8.1 and 8.2

Help is most appreciated.
2015-3-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The NTSC/PAL issue is known.  I get around it by not turning my Tx and App off between batteries.  The Histogram has issues.  Sometimes it says that it is on when it isn't and others times you turn it off and it won't.  

I have not seen your issue on the Zebra.  Have you tried to completely remove the App and do a clean install after resetting the iPad to defaults?  I would give that a try the rest will be addressed in the next upgrade.
2015-3-23
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-24 01:14
The NTSC/PAL issue is known.  I get around it by not turning my Tx and App off between batteries.  T ...

Hi Tahoe Ed,

I have solved the issue, although I do not know what caused it to begin with.
I first attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app. That did not work. same issue.

I noticed you said to reset ipad to defaults. Wasn't sure what was meant by that but i went ahead and did a complete ios reset and started from scratch. That did solve the issue and it has worked since then in both 1.02 and 1.03

Thank you!
2015-4-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mkell_CA_SF.BAY Posted at 2015-4-7 10:35
Hi Tahoe Ed,

I have solved the issue, although I do not know what caused it to begin with.

Thank you.  Good to know that you are up and working again.
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules