New firmware for Spark is Available (26/07/2017)
123456789Next >
61471 324 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0300
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V 4.1.4
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V 4.1.4  

What’s New
  • Improved photo resolution to 4K in Gesture and ActiveTrack modes.
  • Added a new gesture for video recording.  
  • Added an option to adjust gimbal tilt sensitivity.
  • Added a 180° Pano shooting mode.
  • The aircraft will descend to a height of 1.5 m while flying below 4.5 m or descend 3 m while flying above 4.5 m if no subject is detected for more than one minute in Gesture mode.
  • Improved overall gesture recognition and reduced the probability of falsely recognizing the selfie gesture. The wave gesture is now disabled by default while flying indoors or where the GPS signal is weak to ensure safety. The wave gesture can be enabled in both situations by adjusting settings in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where photos failed to save and the shutter sound would not be made while taking photos in Gesture mode.
  • The aircraft will now exit QuickShot automatically when a control stick is pulled opposite to the direction of flight. Flight distances for QuickShots can now be set in DJI GO 4, with greater maximum flight distances while using the remote controller. Also, flight directions for Circle and Helix can now be adjusted in DJI GO 4.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft didn’t ascend high enough with the Dronie QuickShot and optimized Rocket.
  • Optimized the FPV gimbal mode in Sport mode to keep the gimbal from reaching its endpoint.
  • Fixed issue where the remote controller would occasionally disconnect from the aircraft.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the remote controller couldn’t be turned off.  
  • Improved aircraft and remote controller responsiveness.
  • Optimized battery level calculation.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller when the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, then try updating again.

2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Cant wait to see how it does!
2017-7-26
Use props
fans98566db9
lvl.1
Greece

Can you please let us Europe Customers  know about the 25 fps option? Is it available on this release? Will it ever get updated?
2017-7-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

still nothing on the play store here in south africa
2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

LRAB Posted at 2017-7-26 05:00
still nothing on the play store here in south africa

it wouldn't be on the play store, you have to update it as per what the manual states!
2017-7-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-26 05:06
it wouldn't be on the play store, you have to update it as per what the manual states!

i believe the dji go app is in fact, on the play store sir.
2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

LRAB Posted at 2017-7-26 05:07

i apologize i thought you were talking about the firmware. my mistake!
2017-7-26
Use props
Tony Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196870 ft
United Kingdom

looking forward to go home this evening and play
2017-7-26
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Guys, not sure if you notice but after running the update, plug in another battery will ask you to re-run. So make sure you do with all the battery.
2017-7-26
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

LRAB Posted at 2017-7-26 05:07

Nothing for me on the Play Store either as of right now...I'm in the US on Sprint. I seen the firmware update availability when I opened up the GO app this morning but how are we supposed to test the new features when some of us still don't have the updated GO app.
Anyone have the .apk?
2017-7-26
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-26 05:18
Guys, not sure if you notice but after running the update, plug in another battery will ask you to re-run. So make sure you do with all the battery.

I'm assuming by updating other batteries, you'd power down RC and AC plug in new battery and turn on RC and AC and it will auto update?
2017-7-26
Use props
fans92ef5228
New
Russia

I updated my spark, but not what has changed, lost signal within 60 meters( what's the problem?
2017-7-26
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

RegDawg Posted at 2017-7-26 05:38
I'm assuming by updating other batteries, you'd power down RC and AC plug in new battery and turn on RC and AC and it will auto update?

I did it directly through pc.no connect to rc.just plug your Spark to pc,open up dji assistant 2.it will ask you to confirm the update for each battery
2017-7-26
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-26 05:18

Good catch !
2017-7-26
Use props
Jibers
New
United Kingdom

Updated.  Seemed to go okay after switching phone between RC & broadband to download sw.  Now the Dji App just keeps crashing.  Running iOS.  Cant fly at all.
2017-7-26
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

I'm confused about where to find DJI Go Android App 4.1.4.  I have checked the Google play store (US) and the DGI website/support/spark/download area and both are still ver 4.1.3.
DJI:Where have you released/placed the 4.1.4 version?
2017-7-26
Use props
Philipp Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81814 ft
Germany

When does the DJI Go App update appeare in europe?
2017-7-26
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

Yep, looks like we DO need to run the update for each of your batteries. I guess the update does carry some firmware for the batteries.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans79908aad
New
United States

Anyone know what the new gesture is for video recording mentioned in the latest firmware update
2017-7-26
Use props
DaYooper
New
United States

Updated app yesterday (iOS iPhone 6) and remote and Spark firmware today via the app. Did remote first, then reset it then the drone. Had to switch wifi back and forth between remote and home router to download (though it gave the option to download over LTE) but downloaded fine. About 7 mb for remote, ~90 for drone.

Tested a bit after- had signal interference at first but turned off phone bluetooth and then signal was just fine. Didn't check but probably 5.8. Haven't ever tried OTG cable and didn't check distance of signal on this flight.

Palm control seems more accurate than before, with faster palm recognition. With drone close to me still had trouble with selfie pose but after waving away got it every time. Wave away and beckon worked perfectly. Video record worked ~50% of the time but I didn't notice a prompt or light change that it was recording, and the app didn't show the typical recording screen, but after the flight a video was there. Will have to play with that more. Selfies are 4K now and look great. Shallow focus are still 1080p. 180 panoramas took forever (21 shots!) and the in-app crop was fine but got much better results and resolution with Lightroom stitching the on-SD images. Rocket seemed to track better. Didn't have the space to test Dronie yet.

Haven't ever had the remote power-down, fly away, in-flight power-off, or other issues so can't comment on whether that is better or not. Will test on battery 2 later.

So far so good! Love the selfie video, 4K selfie, 180 pano, and hopefully the Dronie improvements! Good job DJI!
2017-7-26
Use props
Booyaches
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108419 ft
Poland

Is this update really not addressing the wifi frequency issue for EU android users?
2017-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It didn't say anything about disabling OTG cables.   Yay for us OTG cable users.   
2017-7-26
Use props
Troiano27
lvl.2
United States

Updated, now IPad mini 2 has massive lag and connection issues over wifi. Otg works fine. iPhone 7 plus has no issues over wifi. Curious why it only effects my iPad mini 2. Will downgrade RC firmware and reinstall, later today.
2017-7-26
Use props
DaYooper
New
United States

Troiano27 Posted at 2017-7-26 07:40
Updated, now IPad mini 2 has massive lag and connection issues over wifi. Otg works fine. iPhone 7 plus has no issues over wifi. Curious why it only effects my iPad mini 2. Will downgrade RC firmware and reinstall, later today.

Is bluetooth off on the mini? Seems to affect it more than before for my iPhone.
2017-7-26
Use props
hamma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2238 ft
Germany

The wifi problem in europe is still there {:4_157:}
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RegDawg Posted at 2017-7-26 05:37
Nothing for me on the Play Store either as of right now...I'm in the US on Sprint. I seen the firmware update availability when I opened up the GO app this morning but how are we supposed to test the new features when some of us still don't have the updated GO app.
Anyone have the .apk?

Heres the APK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae72c5 ... _dji.go.v4.apk?dl=0
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-26 06:01
I did it directly through pc.no connect to rc.just plug your Spark to pc,open up dji assistant 2.it will ask you to confirm the update for each battery

update for each battery? i also updated through dji assistant, there was nothing about battery firmware?
i just update with 1 full charged battery. what about my other battery?
is there a procedure i should be following. if not whats the consiquence?
thanks
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-26 06:54
I'm confused about where to find DJI Go Android App 4.1.4.  I have checked the Google play store (US) and the DGI website/support/spark/download area and both are still ver 4.1.3.
DJI:Where have you released/placed the 4.1.4 version?

here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae72c5 ... _dji.go.v4.apk?dl=0
2017-7-26
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

Dronie still does not climb and does not obey the distance settings. I set mine to 10M and it barely climbed and went over 45M before i had to stop it
2017-7-26
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 07:57
update for each battery? i also updated through dji assistant, there was nothing about battery firmware?

I am just guessing they have some firmware update that also affects the "smart" battery. So the process will be to do the update for both batteries. I am at work, so I can say if we really need to do for both batteries.
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 07:57

Hi
I got it now... i connected my spark to assistant 2 with the other battery and it asked me one of my modules needs updating soi take it meant the battery ..
done that now and doesnt ask again
thanks anyway
2017-7-26
Use props
fans8be85ede
lvl.1
Canada

So since selfie was upgraded to 4k, does that mean the spark is capable of taking 4k photo or videos?
2017-7-26
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

See my thread here, I found a glitch : http://forum.dji.com/thread-106280-1-1.html
2017-7-26
Use props
Prezmc
lvl.1
United States

What is the new gesture for video recording?
2017-7-26
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 08:17
Hi
I got it now... i connected my spark to assistant 2 with the other battery and it asked me one of my modules needs updating soi take it meant the battery ..
done that now and doesnt ask again

mine did the same thing,  doing each battery like suggested earlier in the thread
2017-7-26
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Got the auto DJO GO 4 update via Apple App Store yesterday.  Just connected my Spark and opened the APP and it displayed Firmware update available.  Updated the Firmware without issues.  Changed the battery and when launching the app, it prompted to update the battery; repeated steps for my 2 spare batteries.  Haven't tried the new options, but did notice some new functionality in the app under different menus.

Will test the new functionality and updates later today ..
2017-7-26
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

This FW update NOT FIX Europe WiFi BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-7-26
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I have 2 questions:
- is that firmware resolving a 'falling spark' problem?
- is RC f/w compatible with .300 and .400 of AC?
2017-7-26
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Philipp Fly Posted at 2017-7-26 07:06
When does the DJI Go App update appeare in europe?

Updated DJi Go 4 app on iOS yesterday, firmware upgrade today..
2017-7-26
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-7-26 08:42
This FW update NOT FIX Europe WiFi BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is europe wifi bug?
2017-7-26
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules