[RESOLVED] DJI Please HELP ?
851 6 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

Received my new Mavic yesterday and upon connection, it prompted me to installed firmware update. I proceeded to install firmware (.900) but was stuck at 99% for nearly 2 hours. I gave up and shut down. I tried to fly before installing the firmware but it wouldn't work.
Question, what are the actually steps I need to take to complete the firmware update? I'm I missing something? The RC and Copter are binded together correct so I don't need to update separately right? HELP !

Appreciate any assistance.
2017-7-26
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

I tried a couple of times with no luck.
2017-7-26
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Try it separately maybe you have  luck.
2017-7-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The easiest way would be to install the Assistant 2 software which you can download from here:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

After installing the software, you need to connect the Mavic and RC separately to the PC using the supplied cable. With the Mavic, make sure you extend the arms and remove the gimbal clamp.
Connect the Mavic to the usb port on the PC. Turn the Mavic on.
Open the DJI Assistant 2 software and login.
After 10 to 20 seconds you will see a Mavic icon appear. Click on the icon and select the latest firmware to install and follow the instructions.
When the update has completed, go back to the front page of the software, close the software and turn off the Mavic and disconnect it.
Follow the same procedure for the RC.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please check the current firmware of your aircraft and controller. And below is the tutorial video, please try to update again.

2017-7-27
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-27 00:40
Please check the current firmware of your aircraft and controller. And below is the tutorial video, please try to update again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... sG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thanks for the suggestions. I searched and found this video before went home and tried it on the app and it worked however upon flying, it the obstacle avoidance wasn't working and I couldn't add digits to the altitude and distance settings. DJI suggested what you both mentioned which is to download Assistant 2 on my computer.

Did that and expect to try and re-download the FW again today.

Stay tuned.

Susan, my question is, in the video it's suggesting that I can download firmware while connected to the RC and making sure it's connected to the Mavic. Is that fine or do I need to complete the FW separately??

Bought the Mavic together with the RC so I'm assuming it's interconnected.
2017-7-27
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

Well thank goodness for perseverance!

For those who may be going through with happened to me.

I uploaded Assistant 2 on the MAC.

Made sure battery on both RC and Mavic was near 100%

Connected ONLY the RC via USB to the MAC but made sure the RC was connected to the craft.  (No need to upgrade FW separately unless I guess you purchased RC and craft separately)

Hit 'REFRESH' for the Firmware update/upgrade.

Waited about 15-20 mins or so then you'll hear the craft, going through cycles of beeps as it then reboots.

Assistant 2 reports download upgrade complete 100%.

I unplugged USB.

Power off then restart both RC and Mavic.

Yessssssss !!! Now it's working as it should.  

BUT BE VERY CAUTIOUS ! trying to fly it indoor. I tried to perform a quick indoor test -flight and almost crashed. It swayed a bit (no GPS) so just on atti-mode of course. Sensors weren't picking up either.

Took it outside and what do you know ?   FLAWLESS !

It was so steady you can practically park it in the sky. WOW ! Absolutely perfecto ! Yes, sensors working like a charm.

Went through all the settings and all is fine now.

So for those who read this and have found yourself in the same situation, be calm, focused but more importantly, be persistent ! It paid off.

Will

2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules