Does your spark work as it is supposed to with the new firmware?
12Next >
6112 75 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

After the firmware update, test the spark a few times(with ALL Batteries) then please answer this question!

Does your spark work as it is supposed to with the new firmware? is it what you expected?

If you answer "kind of" or "no" please state why!

Single SelectVote, Total 153 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Did anyone try the new firmware yet?
2017-7-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

just flew with no otg and it worked perfectly.
2017-7-26
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated everything and all works well except for the quickshot modes. Dronie still just goes back and back and never really gains altitude.  
2017-7-26
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Its all work, I'm five times flight. But update not fixed wifi problem in EU... I must reset WiFi before every flight and i can't use 2.4Ghz link with RC\AC!!!!
2017-7-26
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In US.  New firmware is great.  I did not have 180 pano and gimbal speed adjustment.  Another poster suggested I uninstall DJI Go 4 and reinstall. (version 4.1.4 for iOS from the App store.)  I did and now I have 180 pano as well as global speed adjustment.
2017-7-26
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

Seems like it is but still afraid it might fly away
2017-7-26
Use props
fans07aae7d8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United States

Too early to tell. Needs more time to test flights ;)
2017-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have done all the updates, but have not flown it yet.  OTG still works, I am thinking about flying without OTG next time.  by the way I was on ios.
2017-7-26
Use props
leaksguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dronie still not working properly
2017-7-26
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

Kind of:
* Dronie still does not elevate.
* Distance slider for dronie and helix still have no effect
* Couldn't get video recording gesture to work.

Everything worked fine for me.
2017-7-26
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Perfect, even had a stupid my fault, return to home under a tree, crashed, and still worked perfectly. Tough little bugger, not even a scratch.
2017-7-26
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Everything works except the gesture for start/stop Video recording.
2017-7-26
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

DJ Spark works well, but first surrounds the wrong track .. after no problem,

Dronie okay Rocket ok, I do not try the Helix.

Maximum distance D 590mt H 38mt sport mode. 2.4ghz OTG I live in the EU.

I test again with Windsurfer ... or such a signal of reflection ...

I'm sorry for my bad English: C

When the spark was landed my second battery had a temperature of 50.6 ° C

time 17.30-cloudy-temp 26°C
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-26 22:24
Everything works except the gesture for start/stop Video recording.

After i updated all the firmware and restarted the drone and controller i just started it up indoors and an error came on the screen saying to turn all the Bluetooth off in the area on all devices and the transmission was terrible. i did turn all the Bluetooth off but it was still pretty bad. i'm going to try it today hopefully after work in an open area with no interference and see if that helps. i have started it in the house lots of times before and the transmission was perfect, this is the first time it happened and i have almost 50 flights logged.

maybe your right about this drone after all?!
2017-7-27
Use props
fanse1900150
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150951 ft
Germany

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 02:00
After i updated all the firmware and restarted the drone and controller i just started it up indoors and an error came on the screen saying to turn all the Bluetooth off in the area on all devices and the transmission was terrible. i did turn all the Bluetooth off but it was still pretty bad. i'm going to try it today hopefully after work in an open area with no interference and see if that helps. i have started it in the house lots of times before and the transmission was perfect, this is the first time it happened and i have almost 50 flights logged.

maybe your right about this drone after all?!

Same Message here indoor ... turn off Bluetooth ... Have the message never before at same location ...
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

fanse1900150 Posted at 2017-7-27 06:53
Same Message here indoor ... turn off Bluetooth ... Have the message never before at same location ...

at least im not the only one then i guess, did you try it outside yet?
2017-7-27
Use props
Sliderul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501942 ft
United States

I updated FW for the Spark as well as the RC and just tested it with great results. I've been having issues with a significant video lag when using the OTG connection between phone and RC, but the update seems to have corrected that issue entirely. I also see a significant difference in maintaining connection at a distance. Prior to the update I would get frequent notices that image transmission connection was poor starting at about 1,000 ft from takeoff. I would also lose connection for a couple of seconds then recover at distances over 1500 ft. I just flew out over 3000 ft  and 250 ft altitude without any issues or warnings of any sort. I started exploring a little at that distance and as soon as I let a wall of the house block my line of sight I lost connection. I moved 5 ft to reestablish LOS and reconnected immediately. As far as I'm concerned, the updates have been fantastic. I don't have DJI GO 4 4.1.4 yet, but I've downloaded the apk and will test it soon.
2017-7-27
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

All good here. But I had no issues previously before the FW upgrade. not tried helix or rocket yet as not particularly interested in the intelligent flight modes.

In EU flying with RC and wifi connection to Iphone 7+ rather than otg, using default 5.8ghz. Not flown it beyond 200m but that's more to do with me and where I'm flying it than the ultimate range. Video lag and stability at that distance seemed better than before the FW upgrade.
2017-7-27
Use props
Bluebus19
lvl.1
United States

The new firmware is giving me some problems. 1) in dronie mode, the spark is not gaining altitude and it is not stopping within the preset parameters 2) return to home (RTH) Function is glitchy. During my first flight after the update, I manually flew the drone close to the home point ( 2/3 feet away from the takeoff point and at a hight of 6 feet) and hit the RTH button. The drone should have landed but instead it started to gain more altitude. I had to cancel the RTH and grab the drone in order to land it. I tried it two more times and it did the same thing. However when I replaced the battery it seemed to be working fine.
2017-7-27
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

I received the same Bluetooth message.  I was just put side of my house. Bluetooth was already off on my iPhone. Have never had that message before the update. It flew fine though. Flew it around the yard for a bit.
2017-7-27
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm tickled that Go is now reporting the correct battery to Airdata. Everything else I've tried works good, Pano 180 is a nice addition.
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

Firmware update was all good on the spark, but unfortunately the Firmware update on the RC failed and has now bricked it.
2017-7-27
Use props
NewGramps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115112 ft
Malaysia

I just updated the Spark, RC, and my three batteries. The updates seemed to proceed fine. Have only done one quick test flight with one battery. No problems. I'll vote after I have done more testing. I had no serious problems before the update.
2017-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew with OTG and seems like it is better now.  More flying to do this weekend.  
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

there is much more lag since the update, i do not trust the spark to fly far or over water anymore. before this firmware update i trusted the spark but now, i do not
2017-7-28
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Have flown twice (3 batteries per session) since the updates.

• Helix results in a flyaway (twice)
• Dronie does not go up in altitude
• Palm launch often results in the spark quickly moving 3 ft to the side
• Video Gesture seldom works
• Selfie gesture didn't work as reliably as before
• On one flight, had serious video lag making it difficult to take a picture, etc.
2017-7-28
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Sime Posted at 2017-7-26 20:46
Perfect, even had a stupid my fault, return to home under a tree, crashed, and still worked perfectly. Tough little bugger, not even a scratch.

RTH into trees get me every time. I have to remember to enable "RTH at current altitude" before doing low altitude flight under trees and such.
2017-7-28
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware the other day and tried some of the features in my driveway. I was unable to take selfies before the upgrade, and now it works quite well. Had trouble with the video gesture. It finally worked, but cut my head off and I could not turn it off. Will have to try it again. The 180 panorama worked well.  I did almost lose the Spark. but I don't think that had anything to do with the upgrade. Plain old pilot error. I learned a valuable lesson. Don't let your Spark fly over a big building and lose sight of it. I made a little video of what happened that day...
2017-7-28
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-28 12:11
I updated the firmware the other day and tried some of the features in my driveway. I was unable to take selfies before the upgrade, and now it works quite well. Had trouble with the video gesture. It finally worked, but cut my head off and I could not turn it off. Will have to try it again. The 180 panorama worked well.  I did almost lose the Spark. but I don't think that had anything to do with the upgrade. Plain old pilot error. I learned a valuable lesson. Don't let your Spark fly over a big building and lose sight of it. I made a little video of what happened that day...
https://youtu.be/GiU8WnnPC4I

i cant watch the vid
2017-7-29
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Today lost connection with OTG for the first time... I had to turn on wi-fi!!!!I have all updates, and i'm in a android OnePlus One.

2017-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-28 12:11
https://youtu.be/GiU8WnnPC4I

Your video seems to be set on private.
2017-7-29
Use props
PaulB
lvl.1

Australia

First, I am using the Note 3 Android phone.
2017-7-29
Use props
PaulB
lvl.1

Australia

I am using Samsung Note-3 and I find that the video gesture doesn't work at all. I also find that in Quickshots Dronie still doesn't go up by 45 degrees and that the flight distance in Helix and Dronie doesn't work either.
2017-7-29
Use props
PaulB
lvl.1

Australia

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-26 19:52
Kind of:
* Dronie still does not elevate.
* Distance slider for dronie and helix still have no effect

Same here, I am using Samsung Note-3 and I find that the video gesture doesn't work at all. I also find that in Quickshots Dronie still doesn't go up by 45 degrees and that the flight distance in Helix and Dronie doesn't work either.
What phone have you got? I am starting to realise that it works well only with iPhones.
2017-7-29
Use props
PaulB
lvl.1

Australia

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-28 01:52
there is much more lag since the update, i do not trust the spark to fly far or over water anymore. before this firmware update i trusted the spark but now, i do not

Same here, I using Android phone.
2017-7-29
Use props
fans260e58f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
United States

I did the update none of the quickshots work.also it does not record in gesture mode gimbil did not update as well
2017-7-29
Use props
Marshall Lum
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

just did the update and i don't see anything new.. i don't see the gimbal speed adjustment
2017-7-29
Use props
fans9630f9f9
New
Flight distance : 13028 ft
United States

Update to V 01.00.0500 at day 1. The latest firmware somehow broke my digital compass. Now I have to recalibrate every single time before I launch the drone. And it is very easy to get calibration failure now. After launch the drone stop recognize any gesture. I am pretty sure I switch to gesture mode in-app. Of course no video gesture. Piloting with RC and App works fine. QuickShot and ActiveTrack also work. Looks like there are a lot of reported issues. Don't recommend to upgrade.
2017-7-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Since the upgrade everything has been working fantastic for me. Dont know why so many people are having so much trouble
2017-7-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules