Does your spark work as it is supposed to with the new firmware?
6114 75 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eslora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104344 ft
United States

Drone and Helix modes don't work
2017-7-29
Use props
Malakyte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216043 ft
Japan

No, it doesn't. During the new firmware upgrade process, one of my 3 batteries got killed after an "inconsistent firmware" warning. It doesn't charge anymore and the 2 middle LEDs are permently lit without the possibility to switch off.
2017-7-29
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-29 21:58
Since the upgrade everything has been working fantastic for me. Dont know why so many people are having so much trouble

just a theory but maybe the batteries being bricked are batteries from the same batch that was potentially causing the spark to fall out of the sky?
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Idk sucks i feel bad for these guys wish i could help I know the batteries take a good little bit to upgrade about 3 to 5 minutes so maybe people were getting scared and pulling them off thinking wouldn't update or finish...for the people that have inconsistent firmware on batteries and are bricked they should try to put it back in the Drone relaunch the Wi-Fi on the remote and try to upgrade again just to see what happens one guy said he got his back again
2017-7-30
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-29 07:14
Your video seems to be set on private.

Not sure how that happened. It is definitely set to be PUBLIC. Here's the link again...
2017-7-30
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:02
i cant watch the vid

Can you see this?
2017-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-30 10:18
Can you see this?
https://youtu.be/LlubpmNnCus

Good save flyingDave, and thanks for the lesson, it's a learning curve for us all.
2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-30 10:18
Can you see this?

thats really strange
2017-7-30
Use props
Riggz
lvl.2
Canada

I updated my firmware and had a gimbal malfunction. When I downgrade my gimbal is fine.  

Anyone help?
2017-7-30
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

I am still having disconnect issues between the remote and the spark that I have experienced since day one. The system will work briefly and then begin disconnecting.  The amount of time varies before it starts to fail.  However, once the disconnects start, they will happen even if the Spark is within a few feet of the remote control.  

What I believe is happening is that when the drone heats up, the radio is failing, specifically the 5.8ghz.  The reason I say this, is that I have previously been able to fly with the phone only (using 2.4 band) even after the remote wouldn't hold a connection to the spark.

Today I flew when it is 80F (~26.5C) and sunny and had no issues. Yesterday I flew when it was 'warmer' about 90F (~32C) /sunny and only got a few minutes before it failed.  The RTH performed as expected and landed.

I have been reporting these issues here on the forum since I first received my Spark and was hoping the new FW would fix it, but it has not.  Next step I guess is to file a warranty claim to get it repaired/replaced.

Fly safe out there.
2017-7-30
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-30 10:16
Not sure how that happened. It is definitely set to be PUBLIC. Here's the link again...

I believe this is due to how Return To Home is designed. For some reason, DJI has is programmed that if the drone is withing 20 meters (or something like that) it just lands instead of doing the whole RTH process of going up to the RTH altitude, coming back, and landing).

I remember my first day flying my spark, I didn't want to fly very far away. I want to test the RTH feature so I hit the RTH button and it just landed. I was so confused. I later posted about it here, and was told that it just lands when withing a short distance of the home point. Seems like a purely arbitrary design decision to me.

Sure enough I flew far away my next flight, hit RTH and it came back as expected. Is there a way to disable this "just land" feature, or set the minimum distance to 0.
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Riggz could have been corrupted fw download did u try try on dji assistant 2? Some people on the Phantom 4 forum we're having issues and had to flash using DJI assistant 2 twice to get rid of the bugs....it seems it wasnt writing to drone first time being flashed maybe this is the same issue with the spark because you said you downgraded and now the gimbal is fine
2017-7-30
Use props
Riggz
lvl.2
Canada

Gambino. Thanks for the reply. I've upgraded and downgraded a few different times and each time the same error.

Screenshot_20170730-174459.png
2017-7-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As for now everything is well, and tried flying with wifi only and I tell you what it flies a lot better with OTG.
2017-7-30
Use props
FlyingDave
lvl.1
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-29 04:02
i cant watch the vid

Sorry about that. Here's the correct link.
2017-7-31
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Guesture control seems less responsive. Now up to 50% failure on palm landing!
2017-7-31
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

FlyingDave Posted at 2017-7-31 10:44
Sorry about that. Here's the correct link.

Imo, your neighborhood is not a very good place to fly drones, especially the Spark.
2017-7-31
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't get my iPhone 7+ to detect RC WIFI SSID. Need to restart controller so my phone can find the RC's SSID.
2017-7-31
Use props
hfog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34583 ft
United States

Dronie fails to gain significant altitude. Doesn't stop after the specified distance. All firmware updated to the very latest.
2017-8-7
Use props
Retroglide08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13015 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone running an iPhone with ios11 public beta?
2017-8-7
Use props
PNW
New
United States

on iPhone 7 latest software and latest spark firmware - no issues whatsoever with any of the modes. The only difference i see now is that i've had to calibrate the AC 2x in 8-10 flights, however that was in very hot weather in a remote forest, which may have affected it somehow.
2017-8-7
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Mine has worked fine since the update while I was home, but now I am in France on vacation and have been getting some weird issues. A couple days ago I was flying at our b&b and received the rth will pass through a no fly zone message when only about 50m from the home point. Yesterday I experienced the countersheadingexception error which shut down the gps and switched to atti mode mid flight. I put it down asap and received a message that the imu experienced an exception and to restart the aircraft. After restarting it flew fine but the wind began gusting and causing the camera to tilt so I brought it in.

I believe it experienced some compass error mid flight due to a utility building with large metal doors nearby that tripped up the imu and gps. Basically the same symptoms as people getting flyaways but I was still able to fly mine back since I could see it right in front of me. If it had been far away it might not have ended as well.
2017-8-7
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

i will try today on my local soccer field with my kid  , on .400 spark would not recognize my daughter palm control what so ever
2017-8-7
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

I have only flown with the .500 fw. Everything seems fine. I did not test ALL functions, but tested all Quickshot modes. They work fine. Dronie goes backwards and immediately climbs at a 45 degree angle going high up in the sky.
Gesture works reasonably well but has room for improvement.
I fly without cable and 5.8 GHZ dropped after 350-400 meters as expected here in Europe.
No complaints so far.
I use iPhone 7 with 4.1.5 DJI software.
2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Retroglide08 Posted at 2017-8-7 20:34
Is anyone running an iPhone with ios11 public beta?

i have seen a few treads from a few weeks ago of people doing this but i cant find them now. it worked fine for them.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans706f52a3
New
United Kingdom

Because I cant set my imu   Spark is grounded. Having to be returned
2017-8-8
Use props
pncol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88671 ft
Ireland

Hi guys, since the last update I can see that dronie is still not working properly. Also now, Helix isn't working either, the drone will fly away.

And finally I could see a major issue on my Spark, I do now have video lagging (on the original footage from the SD), it's not smooth as before, especially when using the gimbal. I use the spark with the last version of DJI Go 4 and the RC also have been updated. See a video exemple of this issue

Any idea guys ? Thinking about downgrading to the previous firmware.

2017-8-8
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

pncol Posted at 2017-8-8 13:42
Hi guys, since the last update I can see that dronie is still not working properly. Also now, Helix isn't working either, the drone will fly away.

And finally I could see a major issue on my Spark, I do now have video lagging (on the original footage from the SD), it's not smooth as before, especially when using the gimbal. I use the spark with the last version of DJI Go 4 and the RC also have been updated. See a video exemple of this issue

helix works awesome for me except for the fact that it sometimes is not as smooth as usual, but that could have to do with wind.
2017-8-9
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

So far everything I have tried is working very well except for Dronie mode, it doesn't gain enough altitude.  
2017-8-11
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

upgrade fine perfect better than before 4 flights
2017-8-11
Use props
Andre_in_SanDie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150325 ft
United States

Dronie and Helix Quickshot modes don't work
2017-8-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quickshots are improved.  After the update I experienced my first "palm launch flop" which I've not been able to repeat.
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

pncol Posted at 2017-8-8 13:42

Looks like flying in tripod mode right?
But ugly it is.
Anybody else having this experience?
2017-8-22
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52562 ft
Canada

I've done very limited testing... If it would stop bloody raining,  I'd be able to do more extensive tests.
Overall, the firmware / app uprade seems to improve some issues. Today is the first time I flew without OTG, and purely on WiFi... DJI is encouraging this... They keep saying WiFi is the only supported connection method, but I don't know why... OTG always worked for me.
Anyway, my gesture control was definitely worse after the last update and it has improved with this one. It was back to being able to track me, and take selfie... These did not work in the last update which was frustrating because they worked orginally. Quickshot Dronie is also very much improved. Distance setting was adhered to, and the drone returned to starting position when complete. YAY!
Gesture video also worked (both start and stop).
So far so good.
Now to test and analyze flight data for battery life, temperature, and dare I say it... Fly some distance over WiFi (this scares the hell out of me).
Keep at it DJI, progress is being made (in my case at least).
2017-8-22
Use props
schmots1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3773 ft

United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-30 07:14
just a theory but maybe the batteries being bricked are batteries from the same batch that was potentially causing the spark to fall out of the sky?

Nope, my batteries were in my spark when it powered off in the air, the updated fine.
2017-8-22
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

Updated with iPhone 7+

Works fine, was windy so kinda a little off centre today, but worked well all the same.

Dronie Works/ Rocket Works and Sport Mode seemed faster than usual, but could have been the wind

Used OTG and again fine with that
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules