Android's DJI Go 4 without Video Cache - any good?
987 6 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lambie
lvl.2

Netherlands

Okay, DJI Go 4 for Android devices is horrible with the Mavic Pro; it keeps crashing during flight. But several users on the WWW mention that switching off the 'Cache during video shooting' solves most of their problems. So the question is: how stable is Android's DJI Go 4 when flying the Mavic Pro with the Video Cache setting switched off???
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

There are recommended Android list and our engineers have fully test. We suggest you to use one of the below devices to ensure stability and performance: http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
Recommended Android Devices.png
2017-7-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

None at all: I have switched it off since the last three versions but crashes and transmission lags both of video-feed and commands (up to 60 seconds !) gets worse and worse. (Galaxy Note 4, wiped clean, only DJI GO4 running, and RECOMMENDED DEVICE !!!! by DJI!!!)
2017-7-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-26 23:22
None at all: I have switched it off since the last three versions but crashes and transmission lags both of video-feed and commands (up to 60 seconds !) gets worse and worse. (Galaxy Note 4, wiped clean, only DJI GO4 running, and RECOMMENDED DEVICE !!!! by DJI!!!)

I think you had an S7 too if I remember correctly from another of your posts. In my case, S7 with 4.1.3 works smooth as a feather.

The connection problems I had once between the app and the remote were solved by cleaning thoroughly the USB port on the phone. My cable was not going all the way in due to lint and dirt...
2017-7-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

CuaC Posted at 2017-7-26 23:47
I think you had an S7 too if I remember correctly from another of your posts. In my case, S7 with 4.1.3 works smooth as a feather.

The connection problems I had once between the app and the remote were solved by cleaning thoroughly the USB port on the phone. My cable was not going all the way in due to lint and dirt...

Nope, wasn´t me. I started with Note 4 and for a while also had a XPERIA Z Ultra, but this doesn´t work at all any more...............  
2017-7-27
Use props
computman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426194 ft
France

I have solved my problems with my S7 edge by NOT using the cable provided by DJI using the lateral microsub port

i'm using the offical charging cable of my Samsung S7 edge plugged on the BIG USB port in the back of the RC

This solve all my problems
2017-7-27
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

computman Posted at 2017-7-27 06:38
I have solved my problems with my S7 edge by NOT using the cable provided by DJI using the lateral microsub port

i'm using the offical charging cable of my Samsung S7 edge plugged on the BIG USB port in the back of the RC

My Samsung 5 phone does work with no lag, but, phones are just to small for me to fly with confidence.
I bought anandroid 7" tablet,  Acer iconia one, which a guy over at mavic pilots says works well, & it really does work so well, nice big screen, you can use without a mavmount by some simple mods to Mavic holding legs. But, you have to get the Acer with the right processor, the 770 has the medtek processor, the next model, which is pretty much  identical, to the Acer one doesn't work!
I could have used my Nividia shield that is my dedicated to my P3A, but, I found the Acer on for 80 bucks.
I;ve also just read of people with the shield that are now having  lag, black screen having issues, after the shield updated to nougat, so shield users, turn your updates off!!
PS- Like computman, I;m using the bottom port to plug in my tablet, make sure if using the bott
om usb port to pull that crappy DJI side cable out!
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules