DJI Spark - Firmware Updated Flight Test
2227 11 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lch6257
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61250 ft
United States

I have not had many issues with the Spark since I got my Fly More Combo. However, I had a few, especially the wonky gimbal adjustment. I updated all products (both batteries as well) and made a quick flight and am happy to report, everything is great. I did not do any distance test, but I ran her in ATTI indoors, Normal GPS and Sport mode with not a single issue. Everything is smoother now and I am glad to say I think it is safe to fly again. Here is the quick video post update to drone, remote and two batteries.

2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

we need more proof that spark doesn't wanna die anymore.. and range comparison testing before and after.   in typical use scenarios.  this test in a low interferance zone.. in a moderate interference zone with more wifi around..and stuff.   and in a higher interference zone like a dense neighborhood with apartment buildings..  ideally we need tests from people that have had major issues pre 500 update.,
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

so were you experiencing any issues before the update?
2017-7-26
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

by the way if thats where you live then i envy you lol
2017-7-26
Use props
Lch6257
lvl.3
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-26 10:13
we need more proof that spark doesn't wanna die anymore.. and range comparison testing before and after.   in typical use scenarios.  this test in a low interferance zone.. in a moderate interference zone with more wifi around..and stuff.   and in a higher interference zone like a dense neighborhood with apartment buildings..  ideally we need tests from people that have had major issues pre 500 update.,

I agree with this, I have low interference and have had only minimal issues before the update. Zero so far after. I did test gesture mode briefly and it seems more responsive.
2017-7-26
Use props
Lch6257
lvl.3
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 10:16

A few issues, nothing major, I lose video signal at around 2500 feet over the water, but comes back on in 1-2 secs before the update. No range test yet since update.
2017-7-26
Use props
Lch6257
lvl.3
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 10:17
by the way if thats where you live then i envy you lol

yeah this is my home.
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 10:16

ya, i live in an area with moderate amount of wifi, furthest i can reasonable have gone with my spark has moderate wifi congestion as well..  just less people in park area here that using 5.8Ghz...but 2.4Ghz is a cluster fk still .    once you head back to my home it gets interesting in a hurry because both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz bands are strangled.  the good news is the upper 5 Ghz band is usually very empty.

our family farm i usually go to to get away is a several hour drive never got a chance to test my spark there.  literally low to no wifi interference zone out that way only wifi network is our own.   

i spoke with an amazon supervisor today about double dipping my returns..  said if i get another spark and i have similar issues is it fair i return it again, she said absolutely!  just going to be several days of waiting to get processed .. but certainly can.   that's good news that should please my GF hopefully please me as well if it works!  since my GF is against me spending  $1000+ on a "toy" as she keeps calling it.  

so the TL;DR is:  everyone should test it out and report before and after experience.   for greater good of everyone.  also list if using RC with OTG or not and how it behaves with signal compared to before, etc etc..

2017-7-26
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

"I updated all products (both batteries as well)"

How do you update the batteries?
2017-7-26
Use props
Oueller
New
Canada

ali86 Posted at 2017-7-26 16:37
"I updated all products (both batteries as well)"

How do you update the batteries?

Update the firmware. Restart the drone with the New batterie and open the app. Repeat il you have more batteries.
2017-7-26
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

Oueller Posted at 2017-7-26 17:08
Update the firmware. Restart the drone with the New batterie and open the app. Repeat il you have more batteries.

Thanks for your reply bro....basically i've to update 4 times as i've 4 batteries at the moment....will try later, thanks again
2017-7-26
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules