6245 16 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Hi

When scanning a larger area Im beeing blcoked by the number of waypoint limit of 99!

To use this as Photogrammetry  the extra resolution is needed for each photo.

Does anyone know why the limit is so low ?

Since its just cordinates for the Drone it cant be related to memory.

Is there a workaround for this ?

Or better can this be fixed in next firmware update.

J
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you for your attention. We have reported this request to our engineers and they will consider this in the future. Hopefully it will come out soon.
2017-7-26
Use props
Bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Is it possible to split your mission into multiple ones and play them consecutively?
2017-7-26
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks for the quick reply.
It would be crucial to get help with this. Photogrammetry is depending on much more photos to be taken to get good source for calculating the geometry shape.
Yes one option can actually be to have this " mission" split into smaller missions. Optimal is offcourse to let the user define the area and at what height it should be captured in. Not beeing blocked by number of waypoints.
2017-7-27
Use props
WaldoPepper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14098 ft
Germany

Any news on this?

Ran into the same problem an was wondering if I did something wrong, since other mapping apps do not have that kind of limit...
2018-1-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

WaldoPepper Posted at 2018-1-15 01:47
Any news on this?

Ran into the same problem an was wondering if I did something wrong, since other mapping apps do not have that kind of limit...

Litchi does have the same limitation and most others probably do too. The only one I know of that doesn't have that limit is Autopilot, which uses a completely different approach to waypoint missions. In a nutshell you have to maintain the connection between the aircraft and its remote the entire mission and the app actually flies for you instead of uploading the mission to the drone and letting it fly autonomously like GSP or Litchi.
2018-1-15
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Okay guys, I am using Litchi app for waypoints missions, do you know why the action "Take Photo" does not taking a photo?! although I hear a camera sound action during the entire waypoint actions but no photos comes with the videos in the SD card!

2018-1-15
Use props
ebennb
lvl.2

United States

Fix this silly limit please! Or for those truly motivated, you can link an onboard computer and then fly as many waypoints as you want via that computer feeding them one at a time to the drone... but what a pain! 99 waypoints takes literally 500 kb in storage.....
2018-5-11
Use props
ebennb
lvl.2

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-15 03:42
Litchi does have the same limitation and most others probably do too. The only one I know of that doesn't have that limit is Autopilot, which uses a completely different approach to waypoint missions. In a nutshell you have to maintain the connection between the aircraft and its remote the entire mission and the app actually flies for you instead of uploading the mission to the drone and letting it fly autonomously like GSP or Litchi.

which is fine as long as you never lose link with the drone
2018-5-11
Use props
ebennb
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 20:07
Thank you for your attention. We have reported this request to our engineers and they will consider this in the future. Hopefully it will come out soon.

Yes, please, thank you! I routinely create missions having hundreds of waypoints, and then can't upload them. The main reason is creating mapping grids over complex topography, even for smalller areas, which would exceed the 99 limit. Please do fix asap. thanks!
2018-5-11
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

This post was reported alone time by me and it’s quite bad that it hasn’t been solved by now. DJI can you come with an updated info about this ?
2018-5-13
Use props
fansf8aa38db
New
Switzerland

Yes please, I think many users are strongly limited by this issue.
If there is any reason for that limitation, please can you tell us?
Why can the GS Pro App plan big Mapping Missions with many waypoints, but one is unable
to transfer these missions to the Phantom?
2018-5-15
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Yes like mentioned earlier its only pos data and wont barely make any size diffrence even if having the option to use 9999 Waypoints
2018-5-15
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI PLEASE RESPOND
Whats the status of this ?
You mentioned earlier you would forward the information to development crew. Whats the respond to this ? Its really hurting your products and customers.
2018-7-17
Use props
Popo Chen
lvl.1
Canada

Still no answer .... it's worrying to have so little follow-up of legitimate requests. A follow-up please. Thank you
2018-9-15
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good news! With the new version of GS Pro 2, that 99 waypoint limit is gone.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171227-1-1.html
2018-11-2
Use props
DanTartaglia
lvl.1

United States

Keule Posted at 2018-11-2 00:55
Good news! With the new version of GS Pro 2, that 99 waypoint limit is gone.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171227-1-1.html

Hi,

Has that version been released in the US? I still have the 99 waypoint limit.

Thanks,
Dan
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules