Accidents and Sales figures
3457 26 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

I am a beginner and I choose a Spark after practicing for a while with a little Parrott that is now lying on the roof of my house.
I am pretty satisfied but at the same time some worries rise when I read about some accidents.
There are already posts which emphasize on the fact that people who had accidents are obviously promptly reporting to forums while many other
don't even log to forums while enjoying their positive experiences.
So I did a little math: as reported from international drones sales association drone sales are around 2,4 millions pieces last year.
Taking that Dji owns almost 60% of the market they sold about 1,4 millions pieces in the entry/toy drone segment.
Let's put that Sparky, the last arrived sold just a share of 30% there are almost 420K Sparky drones flying around the world.
I saw I'll say less than 30 fatal report claiming "malfunction".
Can we say there is a "falling from the sky" problem?

2017-7-26
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

Your numbers are total fiction.

SPARK has only been out for 2 1/2 months!!!

SPARK is not even close to 30% of DJI sales

There are way more than 30 "malfunctions" of various sorts.

Are you a politician? Because they like to make absurd statistical claims and outright lies all of the time also.

I believe that the majority of SPARKS are fine. There ARE some major and minor issues that need to be fixed.

BS posts with BS statistics, pro or con,  do not help solve the problem

2017-7-26
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

Let's say 10% we are talking about 140,000, let's figure out 1% is 14K is a huge amount.
Math is not for politician is for smart people.
Or are you one of the fallen customer?
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

also have to factor in that most people with products dont participate in official forums.   that's in general not just with DJI stuff

so probably a good number of problems that dont get reported onto the forums... may get reported to techs and to the stores...  but most will slip by the official forums.

so ~30 reported cases on the forums to users and around the internet to other forums,  probably means more like 130 cases in the wild or ...more..   
2017-7-26
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

http://nofilmschool.com/2017/07/ ... on-may-surprise-you
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

it seems whoever wrote this is experiencing poor journalism..   

tried to latch us in with the first story of the guy flying into his window then trying to fly it over a road to test it... not all of us are that dumb or special. and it is almost insulting to have someone suggest that many of us are.  

the rest of the stories are creating theories out of thinnest possible threads....   

second to last one about the fly away  "verdict unclear/possible user error"    seriously?     remedy was only more insulting and exhibits lack of experience when flyaways occur with the spark.   RTH, and Pause can be fairly useless in a flyaway situation with the spark..

the last one about shut off during mid flight.. that is not even how it is designed.. the Spark when it is dangerously low on battery (calibrated to a percentage of wherever it is at the moment) will force land itself and you cannot stop it..  if it just shuts off mid flight, even if the battery wasn't fully charged and ignored low battery warnings, is not designed behavior...  it should force land itself when it is too low.   the Spark uses Lithium based battery tech.. Lithium batteries have a much more predictable curve to them than the older style batteries..

i can understand doing preflight checks, i respect that and i'm sure many of us do it.. im newer to this, and even i did preflight checks.    but it doesn't offer a solution for everyone.   did not offer a solution for me.. my use case was completely different mine didn't fall out of the sky, by my sparky found its own clever way to kill itself, outside of my control.

2017-7-26
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Enri Posted at 2017-7-26 13:27
http://nofilmschool.com/2017/07/dji-spark-drones-are-crashing-and-reason-may-surprise-you

Total garbage. I'll allow him the example on #1, but #2 is a clear flyaway.

I'd love to know his take on my flyaway..
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-26 15:48
Total garbage. I'll allow him the example on #1, but #2 is a clear flyaway.

I'd love to know his take on my flyaway..

ya it is almost insulting
2017-7-26
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-26 16:22
ya it is almost insulting

DJI must have submitted this article in order to refute the 30 or so other articles that make them look like GoPro.
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-26 16:29
DJI must have submitted this article in order to refute the 30 or so other articles that make them look like GoPro.

i would respect DJI if they came out and offered something...   

because hiding only helps them but so much.. if this continues at its current rate one day a drone is going to land on someone while dropping like a rock.. hopefully wont kill anyone but, some people are more fragile than others.    or going to land on something priceless or extremely rare or extremely expensive or..something,.    at that stage DJi skipped the whole stirring the hornet's nest to and straight beating it with a broom handle.   
2017-7-26
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

Logic and laws says you should have an insurance .... not dji ... particularly when you are flying it over priceless, rare, or expensive stuff.
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Enri Posted at 2017-7-26 20:44
Logic and laws says you should have an insurance .... not dji ... particularly when you are flying it over priceless, rare, or expensive stuff.

while you are correct, your missing the long term effect.

i may live in the united stated, but  my country is filled with people who can't tell there rear-end from the sky sometimes.. and too many people that will see a drone falling on a child or destroying a 1 of a kind item... as an opportunity, not as a tragedy.  and will exploit it to further an agenda.."drones are bad" kind of BS and thats reality im worried about as well..
2017-7-26
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

DJI MINDY, DJI ELEKTRA
irfilm is spamming the forums
2018-3-29
Use props
dji-spark
lvl.2

United States

is the spark a good drone?
2018-3-29
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

It's been good for me in the two weeks I've been flying it.

Having said that, one of the batteries I have is a bit touchy when I connect it to the Spark. On one occasion the other day, it clicked but something didn't seem quite right, so I pulled on it, without using the release tabs on the side, and it came off. Tried again, same thing. Third time it held after pushing it in extra hard. Now I test both batteries like that every time. I could have been another statistic if I hadn't discovered that on my own.
2018-3-29
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

dji-spark Posted at 2018-3-29 17:14

Going to own it for a year soon!....totally satisfied.
2018-3-30
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-3-29 19:17
It's been good for me in the two weeks I've been flying it.

Having said that, one of the batteries I have is a bit touchy when I connect it to the Spark. On one occasion the other day, it clicked but something didn't seem quite right, so I pulled on it, without using the release tabs on the side, and it came off. Tried again, same thing. Third time it held after pushing it in extra hard. Now I test both batteries like that every time. I could have been another statistic if I hadn't discovered that on my own.

It is safe if not mandatory to check batteries are locked before flying. It has been discussed many times! If there are problems I don't beleive they are related to battery latches.
2018-3-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji-spark Posted at 2018-3-29 17:14

For it's price I would say yes.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sondecorpaint Posted at 2018-7-3 11:53
Cảm ơn vì đã chia sẻsơn sắt mạ kẽm

?            
2018-7-3
Use props
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

Enri Posted at 2018-3-30 00:15
It is safe if not mandatory to check batteries are locked before flying. It has been discussed many times! If there are problems I don't beleive they are related to battery latches.

Please show me how it is possible to fly with the battery incorrectly latched. It is either latched, or not latched. There is no in-between, as far as I can tell. Yet, my battery fell about 10 minutes into the flight.
2018-7-3
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Too many numbers, figures and facts... I have a headache
2018-8-17
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

All I know is the more I read this forum, the more worried I am about flying my Spark...
2018-8-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are plenty of car accidents and yet you ride in them.
2018-8-17
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

"falling from the sky" what go's up will come down . just kidding  go out and fly have fun .
2018-10-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Enri Posted at 2017-7-26 13:16
Let's say 10% we are talking about 140,000, let's figure out 1% is 14K is a huge amount.
Math is not for politician is for smart people.
Or are you one of the fallen customer?

The term OLD THREAD comes to mind......BUT

When I see a bad number,  I call it......  1% of 140,000  =  1,400................NOT 14,000

I can't read Arabic,  so if someone else caught it....congrats!!

Randy,   and I still don't wan to be part of the 1400

2018-10-27
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-27 18:37

When I see a bad number,  I call it......  1% of 140,000  =  1,400................NOT 14,000

Right call!
2018-10-28
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Italy

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-27 18:37

Good catch!
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules