What does Care Refresh Really Cover?
4834 18 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicHI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4980 ft
United States

I'm really confused about what Care Refresh covers. I took it that it will cover repairs caused by an accident. In my case, the camera and gimbal. My assessment came out a little over $300 (parts+labor) to repair. Or I can replace for the first time for $79. Does Care Refresh not cover repairs? Info on DJI's site would suggest it does cover repairing for the gimbal and camera.
2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It doesn't cover any repairs. As you said, you can get the first replacement for $79 and a second for $129, but it has no bearing on the cost of a repair to your original drone. Which part of the Care Refresh information do you feel implies that it does cover a repair?
2017-7-26
Use props
MavicHI
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-26 17:47
It doesn't cover any repairs. As you said, you can get the first replacement for $79 and a second for $129, but it has no bearing on the cost of a repair to your original drone. Which part of the Care Refresh information do you feel implies that it does cover a repair?

Here: http://www.dji.com/mobile/service/djicare-refresh/info

4、Which parts can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh?

Mavic Pro and Spark: aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers.
Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced: aircraft, gimbal, camera and propellers.
Inspire 2: aircraft and propellers.
Zenmuse X4S and Zenmuse X5S: gimbal and camera.
After making a replacement request, send the part needing replacement to DJI.

2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

MavicHI Posted at 2017-7-26 17:58
Here: http://www.dji.com/mobile/service/djicare-refresh/info

4、Which parts can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh?

So the list of "parts" that can be replaced is the following: "aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers"

That just means that they'll provide you with a $79 / $129 replacement for any or all of those things that are damaged in a crash: the aircraft, its gimbal, camera, battery, and / or propellers. But yes, I can see where the wording isn't as clear as it might be.
2017-7-26
Use props
MavicHI
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-26 17:58
So the list of "parts" that can be replaced is the following: "aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers"

That just means that they'll provide you with a $79 / $129 replacement for any or all of those things that are damaged in a crash: the aircraft, its gimbal, camera, battery, and / or propellers. But yes, I can see where the wording isn't as clear as it might be.

Appreciate your clarification!

And yes, my biggest complaint is the lack of clarity. They want to keep the wording simple, but yet it causes more confusion and incorrect expectations. DJI needs to find themselves a good technical writer.

I'm still glad that I got Care Refresh. It's just the expectation that came with it. I suppose I could also potentially get my original mavic back with just the parts replaced.

Again, thank you for your replies!!
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion first. Yes, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover any repair. It offers up to two replacement units within one year with a small additional charge. Hopefully this may make it clear.
2017-7-26
Use props
MavicHI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 18:25
Sorry for the confusion first. Yes, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover any repair. It offers  up to two replacement units within one year with a small additional charge. Hopefully this may make it clear.

Thank you. The funny thing is that your one sentence was clearer than anything I could find on your web site, which was the main confusion I had -- "...DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover any repair."
2017-7-26
Use props
TDM-Diamond act
New
United States

Please get State Farm insurance ,covers everything with no deductible
2017-7-27
Use props
MavicHI
lvl.1
United States

TDM-Diamond act Posted at 2017-7-27 03:58

I will take a look at it. Thanks!
2017-7-27
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

TDM-Diamond act Posted at 2017-7-27 03:58

Yes Follow this advice.  State Farm, Drone insurance, it will run you about $30 for a year. All you will need is your receipt of purchase
2017-7-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 18:25
Sorry for the confusion first. Yes, DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover any repair. It offers up to two replacement units within one year with a small additional charge. Hopefully this may make it clear.

I know this topic is old, but I just got an email from the DJI shop and it state that:

"Care Refresh is a service plan for your drone in which you pay an excess to get your drone repaired or replaced in the event of an accident including water damage.

Care refresh 1 Year plan allows you to claim up to 2 times in 12 months with the first excess fee being $99 and the second being $109.

Care Refresh 2 Year plan is our most popular option and allows you to claim 3 times over the course of 2 years with the excess fees being $99, $109  and $119.  
Both plans are eligible for flyaway with an excess fee of $345."

So in the event of an accident, after I paid the $99 excess, they will fix it or replace at their own discretion...

That's the way I read it...

2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 4-1 21:02
I know this topic is old, but I just got an email from the DJI shop and it state that:

"Care Refresh is a service plan for your drone in which you pay an excess to get your drone repaired or replaced in the event of an accident including water damage.

Hi there, could you please tell me the name of the shop so I can confirm if the DJI Shop is the official or authorized retailer?
DJI Care Refresh only offers a replacement service. If you sent the drone back to DJI to use the DJI Care Refresh, you will only receive a replacement.
Thank you for your attention.
2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 06:17
Hi there, could you please tell me the name of the shop so I can confirm if the DJI Shop is the official or authorized retailer?
DJI Care Refresh only offers a replacement service. If you sent the drone back to DJI to use the DJI Care Refresh, you will only receive a replacement.
Thank you for your attention.

Sure..

It is https://www.d1store.com.au/

Email:

Thank you for your recent purchase from D1 Store; we appreciate your support and do hope you love and enjoy your new DJI Mini 3 Pro as much as we do.

I noticed that you haven’t yet purchased Care Refresh for your new drone.  

Care Refresh is a service plan for your drone in which you pay an excess to get your drone repaired or replaced in the event of an accident including water damage.

Care refresh 1 Year plan allows you to claim up to 2 times in 12 months with the first excess fee being $99 and the second being $109.

Care Refresh 2 Year plan is our most popular option and allows you to claim 3 times over the course of 2 years with the excess fees being $99, $109  and $119.  

Both plans are eligible for flyaway with an excess fee of $345.

Please note, there is currently no option that we sell that upgrades you from the 1 year to the 2 year plan and that the care refresh needs to be bound to your aircraft within a 48 hour period after activation.

I know that on the website it does say only replacement, but as you can see, on the email it also says repair...

Perhaps it is because we have laws regarding insurance plan here

If this deal is like a normal insurance coverage, it does make sense to me to cover both, accidental damage and total loss, otherwise what are we paying the premium for, if then I also got to pay for the damage???
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I see, thank you for your information, we will try to contact the corresponding team to see if we can contact this dealer to correct the statement.
For the DJI Care Refresh service, you can always learn the exact information here. Thank you for your attention.
2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 22:50
I see, thank you for your information, we will try to contact the corresponding team to see if we can contact this dealer to correct the statement.
For the DJI Care Refresh service, you can always learn the exact information here. Thank you for your attention.

Ok...

Let's say that I have taken the Care refresh...

Who gets to decide when I get a replacement?

Can I throw the drone on the ground and ask for a replacement by paying the $85?
2023-4-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

I'm just reading the Flyaway coverage for the refresh+ and I quote:

DJI Care Refresh+ Flyaway Coverage covers situations where aircraft go missing during flight, allowing you to enjoy worry free-flight

I don't get it??? Why is the word free there?  $289 + $1039 or $1328. So, if maths is not optional here, compare to a new unit for $2299, that gives you a discount of $971.. That's a good 42% discount but definitely not worry-free...

Perhaps using the sentence with "allowing you to possibly enjoy a heavily discounted replacement" would be more appropriate...

2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 4-4 00:34
Ok...

Let's say that I have taken the Care refresh...

Within the coverage scenarios, such as crashing by accident or getting water-damaged, users can file a claim to use the service within its validity period. Kindly note that damage to the product caused by deliberate actions is not covered. Kindly check 2.4.2. Exclusions under the link.

Regarding your feedback about the copy of the DJI Care Refresh introduction, we will forward it to the corresponding team. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-4-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-4 01:00
I'm just reading the Flyaway coverage for the refresh+ and I quote:

DJI Care Refresh+ Flyaway Coverage covers situations where aircraft go missing during flight, allowing you to enjoy worry free-flight

Free from worry, NOT free replacement. Context and synrax.
2023-4-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-4 07:22
Free from worry, NOT free replacement. Context and synrax.

Context and Syntax have nothing to do with a worry-free state of mind. In this case, yours and DJI is a conjecture of my feelings, while flying a half insured drone...
2023-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules