Where is gimbal yaw tuning ?
2299 11 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So the latest app says there is now gimbal yaw tuning, anyone know where it is ?

2017-7-26
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't find this feature, either.
2017-7-27
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do believe Gimbal Yaw Turning is only for the Phantom 4. What about us Inspire 2 users who've been crying out for a fix for our off-centre cameras?
2017-7-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Need a firmware update as well to see it?
2017-7-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-27 04:28
Need a firmware update as well to see it.

When was there a firmware update ?
2017-7-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok so the new app says there is now a "Gimbal Yaw Tuning " function, where the hell is it ?
Oh wait a second, now the new DJI app for the Inspire 2 has removed the new "Gimbal Yaw Tuning" function from their list of "improvements" !!!!!

DJI get your act together..
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, guys, we are sorry that Gimbal Yaw Tuning function is just available for Phantom 4 series products at the moment, not Inspire 2. We will try our best to get it addressed as soon as possible.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-7-27
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for acknowledging our request, Mindy. Sometimes we feel somewhat ignored by DJI. Another important fix would be one which stores camera settings, i.e. D Cinelike vs normal, etc.
2017-7-27
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2017-7-27 23:04
Thanks for acknowledging our request, Mindy. Sometimes we feel somewhat ignored by DJI. Another important fix would be one which stores camera settings, i.e. D Cinelike vs normal, etc.

Dude, DJI did say the yaw control was for both the p4 and Inspire 2.
They then removed it from the app description..

It's funny when the top of the line professional drone package is treated like a red headed stepson.
2017-7-30
Use props
fansa822bc7f
New
Flight distance : 187339 ft
United Kingdom

I upgraded my entire Inspire 2 kit and now suffer the camera off centre issue on my X5S.

DJI, are you planning on bringing back the yaw tuning for Inspire 2? As it currently stands my kit is grounded as I'm a solo operator and the need for true centre positioning paramount.

Please can you give us a real update on when/if the firmware will have this functionality returned.

If you can't, can you please publish an official fix method as this issue is a direct result of upgrading the firmware you develop for this hardware.
2017-8-7
Use props
CornGuy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 22:49
Hi, guys, we are sorry that Gimbal Yaw Tuning function is just available for Phantom 4 series products at the moment, not Inspire 2. We will try our best to get it addressed as soon as possible.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I use Go v4.1.7 on an iPad with a P4P and do not see any menu option to "adjust gimbal yaw"... only "adjust gimbal roll". Where is the yaw fine-tuning option? My gimbal routinely skews slightly to the right of center.
2017-8-30
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2
United States

The camera on my P4P was pointing slightly right too, causing the quad to appear to drift left when moving straight ahead. This post, #8 fixed it: https://forum.dji.com/thread-78134-1-1.html

Basically just nudge the camera yaw in the opposite direction (powered OFF) to re-position/re-seat some o-ring or something. I just discovered the solution and haven't flown yet, but it sure looks like it fixed it.
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules