P3S - Gimbal issues and Weak Controller Signal
1668 4 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DasNilpferd
New
United States

Here's my situation:

Had a crash with my Phantom 3 Standard which caused the gimbal arm to break and the camera to disconnect. I replaced the gimbal arm and initially reattached a ribbon cable that came along with the arm. After doing that I powered it on and the gimbal did nothing. The camera just hung there limp. The DJI GO app was giving me a "Remote Controller Signal Weak" error and there was no video feed or telemetry. The camera did not respond to any controls, either from the RC or the app. I was however able to flip the S1 switch and get the motors to spin.

Did some reading and saw that many people have had problems with cheap ribbon cables, so I decided to replace it with an actual DJI ribbon cable. After doing so the gimbal now moves on start up, but the movements are erratic and it never actually balances itself, just bounces around. If left alone it pretty much just hangs there. If you nudge the camera it will move more, but still just erratically. There is still no telemetry/video and I am getting the "Remote Controller Signal Weak" error on the app. Also, now the rear status LEDs alternate between red, yellow and green (turning on and running self-diagnostic check, according to the manual). I am now no longer able to get the motors to spin by flipping the S1 switch.

Without an SD card in the camera I get a blinking red light on the camera status indicator (SD card error). I tried putting the latest firmware .bin on the SD card and putting it in the camera. On start up the camera does its normal erratic movements, the camera status indicator initially turns green, then alternates red, but eventually goes solid red (system error). It then also makes a D-d-D-d-D sound (alternating high and low pitch).

I have tried re-linking the RC through the DJI GO app and then pressing the link button, but nothing changes. When the SD card is in the camera the link button is glowing green, when there is no SD card it is glowing red.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the crash and repair. However, we do not suggest to repair by yourself which may void your warranty. Please contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com and send it in, and let our engineers have a fully check for you.
2017-7-27
Use props
DasNilpferd
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-27 01:56
I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the crash and repair. However, we do not suggest to repair by yourself which may void your warranty. Please contact our Support Team via  and send it in, and let our engineers have a fully check for you.

Thank you Susan. I've sent them an email.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DasNilpferd Posted at 2017-7-27 08:05
Thank you Susan. I've sent them an email.

They'll reply your email soon, should you have any further questions about this, please provide us with your ticket number or case number, we'd like to check it for you.
2017-7-27
Use props
4mer49er
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149268 ft
United States

Although I did not crash my P3S, I am having the same issue with an erratic gimbal which has rendered the camera on my P3S unusable for taking videos and shooting stills due to erratic gimbal movements.  Any suggestions other than to send the aircraft back to DJI as my past experience has taught me that sending my drone back for repair has less than a desirable outcome in a time frame that is even less desirable.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules