Inspire 1 Ground Station Support
2783 10 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

Can someone from DJI tell us when ground station support will be available for the I1?  Also will the ground station provide functionality similar or better that of the current iPad and PC Ground Stations, or more limited basic waypoints like the P2s?  If Ground Station for I1 is in the works is it possible to get in on the pre-release testing?  Thanks!
2015-3-23
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

I anxiously want to know the same Barnesville.

Their keeping this quite is costing them sales. I know several waiting to buy an Inspire-1 pending this announcement.

I'm hoping many others will "chime-in" with the same request.
2015-3-23
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

Anyone else interested in the Ground Station support please comment or support (click Support) the posts.
2015-3-23
Use props
wcough
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

ground station waypoints are a must,,, and if programmed correctly, I believe safer than any other flying, if programmed correctly..
I too was under impression when purchased it was coming..... much needed feature
2015-3-23
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I thought that it will be released by now.
Dji please provide some information about it
2015-3-23
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, I'd really like to know when this will be available too. Come on DJI, give us some indication.
2015-3-24
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

we cant even get spare props...I want to see many more firmware updates before ground station goes into effect way to may flight issues asof late.
2015-3-24
Use props
onthewave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84833475 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barnesville Posted at 2015-3-24 03:25
Anyone else interested in the Ground Station support please comment or support (click Support) the p ...

I'm with all of you. I had GS in my Phantom 2 and sold my primo setup for the INSPIRE 1 because they stated it had Ground Station built-in! We need that ability to be able to repeat a shot the same way and it is extremely disappointing that this feature has not been implemented. Not even any kind of announcement as to when is also frustrating It's a bit like the"Change your Home point to the RC. That fails miserably as the GPS coming out of the 650.00 controller is too weak of a signal for it to sense where the controller is. Another needed tool promised...What's up DJI? Talk to your loyal fan base before we look for other solutions.
2015-3-31
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

It's all about selling the Inspire and that's it.Absolutly ridiculous that there is almost nothing more than a few batteries and prop guards.And support isn't that good either.
Don't know why but any other company which will work like this will not stand long.Great product but I will think twice before I buy any other DJI product.
2015-3-31
Use props
maxbehrenbrinke
New

United States

BUMP -- Its really frustrating that DJI has been so quiet on this for so long.. DJI you need to be transparent on this.  Much more of this level of "service" from DJI and I'll have to look elsewhere for equipment for my business going forward. Especially after [AMERICAN DJI COMPETITOR] released their latest stuff recently.. They've now got a 30 - day $$ - back guarantee incase you dont like anything about anything, AND, the  flight controller detects crashes and lets you automatically submit a trouble ticket to manufacturer  - and if the flight log shows the software was at fault, they'll replace your quad — plus your gimbal and camera — FOR FREE. This is so far and away better than DJI that its almost laughable.

I really like DJI's products, but the more money I invest in this business, the less comfortable I feel having it tied up in capital with such poor support.

2015-4-17
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not see DJI coming out with ground station maybe a 3rd party will but not DJI.Once SDK is released third parties will start creating features for the inspire. remember by then creating extra features is less money in there pocket and there not going to lose money paying programmers to make features.  it's easier just to release an SDK and let third parties create the features
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules