Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transmission issues
773 15 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Has anyone Who havn't had any issues with image transmission before the new firmware update have them now??

After i updated all the firmware and restarted the drone and controller i  just started it up indoors and an error came on the screen saying to  turn all the Bluetooth off in the area on all devices and the  transmission was terrible. i did turn all the Bluetooth off but it was  still pretty bad. i'm going to try it today hopefully after work in an  open area with no interference and see if that helps. i have started it  in the house lots of times before and the transmission was perfect, this  is the first time it happened and i have almost 50 flights logged.

I really hope this isn't a reoccuring issue   

2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

Yes, I got the same thing. No transmission errors with previous firmware, but now I get the "turn all Bluetooth off" message.

Once I disabled Bluetooth, it took a little time but eventually it switched to the green go fly message.

I assumed that DJI threw this in as a precaution to help minimize interference issues rather than the new firmware being more prone to interference, but that's just an assumption.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-27 03:56
Yes, I got the same thing. No transmission errors with previous firmware, but now I get the "turn all Bluetooth off" message.

Once I disabled Bluetooth, it took a little time but eventually it switched to the green go fly message.

ok thanks, while you got that message was the image transmission weak? part of my screen was black. as i said i have never had this issue before even when it was inside.
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 03:59
ok thanks, while you got that message was the image transmission weak? part of my screen was black. as i said i have never had this issue before even when it was inside.

Now that you mention it, when I tried this indoors (right after upgrading), yes I had transmission issues with my feed. I did not have that issue before.

Once I went outside, it wasn't a problem. I flew 3 batteries with no transmission issues at all.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-27 07:17
Now that you mention it, when I tried this indoors (right after upgrading), yes I had transmission issues with my feed. I did not have that issue before.

Once I went outside, it wasn't a problem. I flew 3 batteries with no transmission issues at all.

that's good to know, do you use an OTG cable?
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 07:24
that's good to know, do you use an OTG cable?

My OTG cable came in yesterday, but I wanted to test the firmware update without it so I did not use it yet.

Tonight, if the weather holds up, I'll test my OTG cable and the cheapo goggles I bought for some FPV fun.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-27 07:38
My OTG cable came in yesterday, but I wanted to test the firmware update without it so I did not use it yet.

Tonight, if the weather holds up, I'll test my OTG cable and the cheapo goggles I bought for some FPV fun.

that should be interesting! do they have any type of head tracking function?
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 07:35
that should be interesting! do they have any type of head tracking function?

Supposedly the app supports head tracking using the accelerometer on the phone. If that actually works with the Spark and a $16 pair of goggles, I'll be very happy.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-27 07:49
Supposedly the app supports head tracking using the accelerometer on the phone. If that actually works with the Spark and a $16 pair of goggles, I'll be very happy.

hahaha let me know how it goes, maybe ill buy a pair.

I want to buy the epson glasses but they are way too expensive for me.
2017-7-27
Use props
Wx_Striker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24728 ft
United States

Which App and googles are you using?  I am thinking of trying this as well.

Please let us know how it goes!
2017-7-27
Use props
r_e_nm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185167 ft
United States

I been seeing this issue also since the upgrade to the firmware,  more video lagging and sometimes goes black,  my OTG cable is coming in today so will give that a try when im back home,
2017-7-27
Use props
Advan031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

Yeah, I noticed that I have more video transmission issues via OTG  last night after the firmware upgrade.  However, I saw this morning that my RC wasn't updated so I'll test again tonight.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

r_e_nm Posted at 2017-7-27 11:35
I been seeing this issue also since the upgrade to the firmware,  more video lagging and sometimes goes black,  my OTG cable is coming in today so will give that a try when im back home,

please let me know how it goes, my video lag is much worse and i do not trust the drone any more since the update.
2017-7-28
Use props
r_e_nm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185167 ft
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-28 01:50
please let me know how it goes, my video lag is much worse and i do not trust the drone any more since the update.

So OTG cable came in, and I fired up my drone last night,  I fly from the same location as the day before and saw no issues with Video Lag this time,
2017-07-28_8-45-26.jpg
2017-7-28
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

r_e_nm Posted at 2017-7-28 05:25
So OTG cable came in, and I fired up my drone last night,  I fly from the same location as the day before and saw no issues with Video Lag this time,

That is excellent news, i'm hopefully going to try it out today. what type of iPad it that?
2017-7-28
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

how did it go with the goggles?
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules