GPSencounterdisconnect, please reset and check connection
1533 9 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flashez
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the Mavic of a friend who does not want to take off because he can not find any satellite.
Here are some screenshots of the error message we got:

We tested a lot of things already, reset the drone to factory settings, change location to see if it was because if the spot (even if in the same place it works well with mine).

If you have any ideas to help us, thank you! Cheers.

2017-7-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm not able to see the picture(s) you mentioned. Is your friend indoors when this happens? GPS reception tends to be very poor indoors, but should work outdoors, at least in locations where a reasonably large part of the sky is visible.
2017-7-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is there something covering the camera lens? The first picture indicates there is insufficient lightand it cannot get a gps fix.
You would need to go into a clear area in daylight and try again.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, had your friend took the Mavic Pro to outdoor to see would it search satellites? Since two of the pics showed above seemed the drone was in indoor, like DroneFlying mentioned,  GPS reception tends to be very poor indoors. Please try to take it outdoor.
2017-7-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-27 22:04
Is there something covering the camera lens? The first picture indicates there is insufficient lightand it cannot get a gps fix.
You would need to go into a clear area in daylight and try again.

The first picture indicates there is insufficient lightand it cannot get a gps fix. You would need to go into a clear area in daylight and try again.

The time of day and amount of light present have no effect on GPS.
2017-7-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-28 02:47
The first picture indicates there is insufficient lightand it cannot get a gps fix. You would need to go into a clear area in daylight and try again.

The time of day and amount of light present have no effect on GPS.

Well it really makes it hard when the vps is not working because of poor light. I was just suggesting going to a different area in better light. The example given is not the best example for determining the problem.
2017-7-28
Use props
Flashez
lvl.1

France

So we already tried outside in several different places but got the same problem.
It works flawlessly with my mavic but not with his.
2017-8-5
Use props
Tomten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202365 ft
Sweden

I've noticed the same issue these last couple of days. The app locks reports disconnected and resets the connection. This happens multiple times in the beginning but once I start gaining altitude it immediately gets better... Don't know why...
2017-8-5
Use props
dot330
New

United States

Flashez Posted at 2017-8-5 04:17
So we already tried outside in several different places but got the same problem.
It works flawlessly with my mavic but not with his.

have you found any solution to your problem? I've been having the same problem the past month and can't find any solutions for this particular issue online
2017-12-16
Use props
ANTHONYVLOG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1217552 ft
  • >>>
France

There is an intermittent connection to the GPS module. Suggesting its a physical problem, like contacts aren't conductive. I would try dismantling, and reconnecting all the connecters to the module, cables, ribbons etc than do a factor restore and see how it all goes from there. If all fails, DJI CARE!
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules