Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReinisVB
First Officer
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

My name is Reinis Vilnis Baltiņš
I am a human being exploring this reality with a passion for capturing everything on motion and still picture.
I am a free man! What I mean with that is... I do whatever I want. I create! I don't work for nobody. I work for myself!
People have misunderstood what freedom is. They think they are free, but really they are just living their lives for someone else. They don't see that they could live for themselves. And all you have to do is put your mind to it!

It all began when I asked my father for a computer. I was 12 years young and at my school many of my classmates where exchanging video games on disks. I felt as I was missing out on this comunication,because we didn't have a computer neither an internet connection,it was 2007. My family was very protective of what kind of information I consumed. And I am very thankfull to them for that. At the start my father wouldn't give in this computer idea. But then one day... I asked him again. Because I was really rellentless to achieve everything I wanted. He said YES! BUT, THERE was just one condition, I had to learn how to play 30 songs on a piano.
One year later I have learned the songs and my father gives me a MacBook and a mini dvr sony camcorder. At the time Macs werent really ment for games... And all there was on that computer was iMovie. And as a big surprise I also got the camera. So I started making little scetch videos and I got hooked! It was so amazing to create something from nothing! That was and is the best feeling in the world!
As years went by I progressed, I started learning adobe After Effects and premeire, I went to dslr's and I was doing it all by myself. Trial and error. Thats the way I rolled.
(I appologize for the lenght of this post, but all of this information is nesecary for you to understand my ways)

Little backstory about rc flying things.
One christmass my father recieved an rc hellicopter. And bam! I was hooked on flying rc things.. It was before they whare smart, it had a heavy front for the forrward movement... So it was quite primitive. But as the years went by those toys advanced and also my flying skills with them.

Then came DJI
first ever drone with a camera I ever operated with was phantom vision 2 +, At the time it was mindblowing to see everything from up above and to be able to controll the movement of the camera in air! That was just my dream come true. It wasn't my drone, so all I got was 10 min flight and a new goal in life. To acquire a drone.
At the age of 19 I started to use the law of attraction. I was wishing to somehow aqquire a drone whenever I was doing something from my heart. Filming or editting, drone was on my mind. Then about 9 months later My grandfather basicly asked if I want a drone... (The crazyest thing is that I never had mentioned this to him, at the time we didn't have the best connection. I didn't see him that often maybe once a year) And he just shows up from nowhere and offers me a drone. So accept the offer and I got myself a Phantom 4.

And my life changed forever!
I started to fly quite often. I rediscovered my city - Riga.
Having a flyng camera is incredible. It opened a new world of possibility for me. I finnaly could achieve that cinematic style of video.
It's like I found more of myself.
How do I get the Ideas for videos? I don't I just have this urge to create. I love to see the beauty in this world. There is so much beauty all around us and I want to show people that life actually is great! If more and more people will start to think this way, there could actually be a major change!

Little story about fear.
Fear is something that interferes with getting the shot. I see this all around the drone community. People are affraid to break their 1.5K toy. And that is the reason why there are so many drone pilots, but not so many amazing shots. People are affraid. And I think that this is the reason why i'm different. I'm not affraid to crash the drone. Because with my phantom 4 I expierienced 3 crashes. All of them where my faults. The difference with me is that I learned from my mistakes. And With every crash I got more and more confident with my flying. Sounds weird, but that is just what happened. My advice to drone pilots is to not be affraid of crashing. Because when you are affraid of it, you actually can manifest the crash just with your fear alone.
Don't be affraid! Fear is useless, it just makes you anxious. And when you are anxious you cannot react as quick as you could if you would be calm.   

Later I acquired a Phantom 4 pro. That I crashed in river Daugava at deapth of 30m, so thats gone... The good thing with that drone was that I went to Miami with it. And that was just surreal. How I got to Miami? Because about one year ago I made this video for a golf event. The organisators liked it and they asked me if I would like to come to Miami and shoot the video there. And ofcourse I agreed and went there. It was like a free trip. And all I had to do was make a video from the golf event. I was there for about 5 days.
Miami aerial is just... I have no words just this one video I made

This is made when I first got the Mavic, I had my friends Mavic for a month before I got my own.
What I love about Mavic is it's controller! And the fact that I can put it in my backpack with a ground camera and just be a one man army. The controller is great because of it's joysticks. They are a bit different and for me they are way more easily controllable. I can make these crazy long shots without messing up. Which was a bit more difficult with the Phantom. Here is an example of what I mean!

Also the wind does not affect the Mavic as much because its more aerodynamic.

Here I filmed how a Huge plastic waste dump is burned down. This was very spontaneous.

And here is a vlog episode about the burning waste, where you can see me controll the drone.
Story behind this - My coulege calls me and tells me that there is a huge fire. I quickly went in the sky with my mavic to see If I can see the huge fire frome here... I could. So I made  a post on FB if anyone can get me to the place. And this woman named Signe contacted me and told me that she can get me there! So Me, My girlfriend and Signe went to the burning pile of junk to make the greatest report of it. We where there before any major press was there and I made a Live stream searies of 3 parts on FB that in total got 200K Reach. Which for Latvia is Alot. Also every major news channel in Latvia were showing my shots! Some channels from other countries even showed them.

Here is a video I made cellebrating one year in flight -

This video is one of my favorites. Its made completely with Mavic. Whats cool about this video is that the soundtrack was made by me.  
I quite recently have started to mess arround in ableton. And it is such a cool feeling when the video is made 100% by you. Music and video.

In this vlog you can see how we Latvians cellibrate mid summer eve!In this video I lit on fire a huge torch with my mavic. We attached 3m tall metal wire and hung a cloth that was soaked in burning liquid. That was really fun!  

In this video you can see a speed boat race
Whenever I see something interestin I take out my Mavic and just go. Life is full of opportunities. The thing is that all you have to do is keep your eyes opened and be ready to shoot. And i'm allways ready!

This year start of gumball 3000 was from Riga. City where I live. So I went there and took some shots with ground and aerial cmaeras. For ground I used gh5 with a ronin for some shots and mavic for aerial stuff.  

This is my latest aerial/ground showreel.
ENJOY!

For me DJI changed my life. Air and fire are my signs. And a flying camera is just what I needed to explode in this world (By that I mean getting noticed)
In Latvia people call me the Drone Master
A bit funny, but yeah. Thanks to DJI I got noticed!
I love the fact that DJI exists.

To create is the best!
Thats about it.
I really hope, that someone will enjoy this content. For me there is just one thing. To share joy! Joy is everything in life.
Much love Reinis.

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Forum Moder
lvl.2

Hong Kong

The best content at the moment!  You look like a great storyteller. If you could decrease some items and focus on several stories more specifically, it will be even better!
2017-7-31
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Forum Moder Posted at 2017-7-31 02:04
The best content at the moment!  You look like a great storyteller. If you could decrease some items and focus on several stories more specifically, it will be even better!

What do you mean? What should I decrease?
2017-7-31
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Forum Moder Posted at 2017-7-31 02:04

Do you mean less video? More story behind it?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Forum Moder
lvl.2

Hong Kong

ReinisVB Posted at 2017-7-31 03:14
Do you mean less video? More story behind it?

Yes, all the videos you made are great. But what the contest ask for are the stories instead of the display of your wonderful work only. Therefore, it will be better you could tell more about how these amazing work are created , how you get the idea to capture that, or the difference of your video making experience between drone and other equipment.
2017-7-31
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Forum Moder Posted at 2017-7-31 22:07
Yes, all the videos you made are great. But what the contest ask for are the stories instead of the display of your wonderful work only. Therefore, it will be better you could tell more about how these amazing work are created , how you get the idea to capture that, or the difference of your video making experience between drone and other equipment.

Ok! Thank you! Will do!
2017-7-31
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Forum Moder Posted at 2017-7-31 22:07

I updated my story and removed two videos!
How is it?
2017-8-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I for sure like your video's.
I will have to make some time to watch them all
2017-8-29
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-29 22:33
I for sure like your video's.
I will have to make some time to watch them all

Thanks! That is very nice of you to say that!
Have a great watching experience!  
2017-8-29
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video sir! by the way after watching each video I played all of them at the same time and that was crazy.  lol
2017-9-2
Use props
ReinisVB
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-2 16:16
Great video sir! by the way after watching each video I played all of them at the same time and that was crazy.  lol

Thanks you Much appreciated
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules