Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera will not fit into the gimbal socket
10394 17 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211001 ft
United Kingdom

I have only used my  new Inspire 2 on three flights so far and the Camera(X5s) fitted into the gimbal 'socket' no problem. Today, no matter how many times or how much I tried the camera would not fit into the gimbal socket etc. 'White dot under red dot' etc ,I did everything  that the manual says .Could this be the camera release button or has anyone had this problem due to firmware or anything else that could be causing it. The camera fitting appears okay but I have also noticed that when I try to fit the 'Camera gimbal guard' this doen't fit like it used to,it seems a bit wobbly.  Thanks for any advice / assistance.
2017-7-27
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried aligning the pins on the socket? Press and hold the lock button while you rotate the two pins so that the white markers line up.
2017-7-27
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Check the connection inside the bird.  Sometimes it turns.  When that happens, the camera won't line up to lock in place.  Just rotate it back to the correct position.  The silver part in the middle.
socket.jpg
2017-7-27
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That is magic chaps, you were both perfectly correct, I have just tried that and I am back in business. I never realised that that part would rotate. Another lesson learnt. Once again thanks, I was starting to lose faith  but once again this forum has been the best place for the solution.
2017-7-27
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-7-27 12:05
That is magic chaps, you were both perfectly correct, I have just tried that and I am back in business. I never realised that that part would rotate. Another lesson learnt. Once again thanks, I was starting to lose faith  but once again this forum has been the best place for the solution.

Glad I could help.  First time it happened to me, it scared me, but I noticed right away when I looked in the socket that the plugin was rotated out of alignment.  This has only happened with my new Inspire 2.  The original one that I returned do to constant signal issues never did this.  Good thing it's an easy fix.  I've gotten into the habit now of checking the alignment as part of my preflight checklist.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-7-27 12:05

Thank for the help by Blackwood. There are many users with rich experience in Forum.
You are welcome to post here. Hope you have a good time on flying.
2017-7-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this same thing happen. What had gone wrong was I had pulled the plug out of the socket before fully rotating it which left the rotating contact plate in between positions.
The way to prevent this is to make sure you fully rotate from red to white dot before pulling out.
This little glitch aside, I think the new gimbal mount is far better and simpler to use than the previous version.
2017-7-28
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-28 04:24
I had this same thing happen. What had gone wrong was I had pulled the plug out of the socket before fully rotating it which left the rotating contact plate in between positions.
The way to prevent this is to make sure you fully rotate from red to white dot before pulling out.
This little glitch aside, I think the new gimbal mount is far better and simpler to use than the previous version.

Thanks Aeromirage, yes a lovely designed gimbal and a great machine when everything is running smooth. I will bear in mind your advice. Coincidently, I was going to try contacting you in relation to the 'Tripod clamps' you are making. If you still have some for sale is there a link with a list of the different colours / types and with payment details etc. I find the X5s camera makes a great ground based camera aswell (Especially with an Olympus 45mm attached aswell for great depth of field) and your tripod clamps look ideal for this.best regards
2017-7-29
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sky High View 9 Posted at 2017-7-29 02:51
Thanks Aeromirage, yes a lovely designed gimbal and a great machine when everything is running smooth. I will bear in mind your advice. Coincidently, I was going to try contacting you in relation to the 'Tripod clamps' you are making. If you still have some for sale is there a link with a list of the different colours / types and with payment details etc. I find the X5s camera makes a great ground based camera aswell (Especially with an Olympus 45mm attached aswell for great depth of field) and your tripod clamps look ideal for this.best regards

Aeromirage, just found the link on the 'Tripod clamp'  'thread' I will e mail you.
2017-7-29
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-27 12:28
Glad I could help.  First time it happened to me, it scared me, but I noticed right away when I looked in the socket that the plugin was rotated out of alignment.  This has only happened with my new Inspire 2.  The original one that I returned do to constant signal issues never did this.  Good thing it's an easy fix.  I've gotten into the habit now of checking the alignment as part of my preflight checklist.

Yes , yesterday, the first thing I checked was the alignment of those pins !- so many things to check but we will get there in the end.
2017-7-29
Use props
Sky High View 9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-28 02:38
Thank for the help by Blackwood. There are many users with rich experience in Forum.
You are welcome to post here. Hope you have a good time on flying.

Yes totally agree Mindy, this is the first port of call for help and advice.
2017-7-29
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this post!!! Same thing happened to my on my £20K Matrice 300 with H20T payload!! I couldn't reconnect the camera - working now thanks to this post! Thanks all.
2020-6-7
Use props
Parkway Production
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247201 ft
Canada

Thanks for this,....same issue with the M300,....thankfully someone directed me this way on a different room
2021-6-1
Use props
AtortAloha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-27 12:28
Glad I could help.  First time it happened to me, it scared me, but I noticed right away when I looked in the socket that the plugin was rotated out of alignment.  This has only happened with my new Inspire 2.  The original one that I returned do to constant signal issues never did this.  Good thing it's an easy fix.  I've gotten into the habit now of checking the alignment as part of my preflight checklist.

I just got an Inspire 2 less than a month ago and had my first job with it a couple days ago.  I had to grab the I2 for a few shots and couldn’t even connect my X5S and was like WTF am I not doing correctly?!?  I see the white aligned with the red and all seemed good but noticed that something wasn’t lining up of course properly.  I had no clue that piece even had the ability to rotate.  One would think DJI would have that somewhere to look out for before flying like you’re saying part of a pre flight checklist or something.  Finally had someone I knew with one walk me through and now of course super simple to be mindful of.  Glad I’m not the only one who was baffled by this.  
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_FfkzoEKMBKFp
New

United States

Dude, thank you. I just got off the phone with a DJI rep with a serious attitude problem. He was condescending and a complete......Anyway, he was no help and I found this post. Problem solved. Thanks again. You're a life saver.
2023-4-27
Use props
djiuser_QX4B15BTsukn
New

United States

Hi , how do I rotate the gimble into proper alignment
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_QX4B15BTsukn
New

United States

For the inspire 2 having trouble connecting camera
2023-9-15
Use props
rbsr71
New

United States

I know this is a real old post but I just got a new Inspire 2 and experinced the same issue. And ofcourse DJI tech support was clueless  on the solution. So the important point is this - if you press the button on the side of the mount area youcan rotate the pins. Press the button get the pins to the correct position that is the home position and you should be able to mount the camera.
1-25 14:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules