• >>>
United States

2017-9-2
Use props
usera067d54ce5
New
Flight distance : 1375335 ft
Italy

Hi, I have connection problem with otg cable between rc and samsung s6. I also tried with samsung tab s2 but it does not connect.
I tried it with iphone and it works. what could be the android issue with otg rc spark link?
Thanks in advance. boys...

2017-9-2
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Just an FYI: over on RCGroups, one of the DJI techs there said, explicitly, that OTG will NEVER be supported for iOS, and will likely be disabled at some point. This is due to Apple MFi licensing. By the sounds of it, right now Apple hasn't told DJI to kill it, so they haven't.

He also suggested that OTG support will likely be enabled for the DJI Crystal Sky tablet, though was not certain it would be rolled out as officially supported for general Android.
2017-9-3
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

usera067d54ce5 Posted at 2017-9-2 13:57
Hi, I have connection problem with otg cable between rc and samsung s6. I also tried with samsung tab s2 but it does not connect.
I tried it with iphone and it works. what could be the android issue with otg rc spark link?
Thanks in advance. boys...

OTG might not be supported on certain Android phone or ROM. Check if your PC can connect your phone and access the files.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans6c138485
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2228 ft
United States

Bobesh Posted at 2017-8-14 00:59
OTG is disabled on iOS devices from the new firmware. From some reports, DJI is working on official support of OTG.

You’re right OTG doesn’t work on ios 11.0.1. Once you turn off the wifi, it goes disconnected. I miss ios 10.3.3. I haven’t tried the distance yet just on the RC wifi.
2017-10-1
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using an android samsung tablet with OTG and don't have to turn off WiFi.  How do you live stream your flight to Facebook if your turn off the WiFi or cell signal?  
2017-10-1
Use props
Louieaw
lvl.1

Australia

I am new and confused. and apologise at the outset if these questions go beyond this thread, and will take advice on how best to make posts to this forum. There is so much helpful advice in this forum - thank you. I have tried every procedure stated here (except the micro to micro in video), but nothing worked in my efforts to connect by OTG cable to Galaxy S7.  It still only works by wifi. Would someone mind clarifying the connection arrangements please? Clearly the RC connects to the Spark, and I assume the phone connects only to the RC and not directly to the Spark. Is that the case? If that is the case is there a separate wifi connection from phone direct to spark when the RC isn't being used? At least it all works with wifi and I have had my first very timid flight. However every time I open the app it and it connects i get this screen asking me to update as per pic. When I try to, the phone tells me I don't have an internet connection and a dropdown asks me whether I want to dismiss that network (or similar words). Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Sorry couldn't work out how to add pic - it says "Fly Safeprecise Fly Safe DatabaseUpdate. New Fly Safe Data found. Precise Fly Safe Database, Please update as soon as possible" then Update/Ignore options
Thanks
2017-10-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Louieaw Posted at 2017-10-21 19:11
I am new and confused. and apologise at the outset if these questions go beyond this thread, and will take advice on how best to make posts to this forum. There is so much helpful advice in this forum - thank you. I have tried every procedure stated here (except the micro to micro in video), but nothing worked in my efforts to connect by OTG cable to Galaxy S7.  It still only works by wifi. Would someone mind clarifying the connection arrangements please? Clearly the RC connects to the Spark, and I assume the phone connects only to the RC and not directly to the Spark. Is that the case? If that is the case is there a separate wifi connection from phone direct to spark when the RC isn't being used? At least it all works with wifi and I have had my first very timid flight. However every time I open the app it and it connects i get this screen asking me to update as per pic. When I try to, the phone tells me I don't have an internet connection and a dropdown asks me whether I want to dismiss that network (or similar words). Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Sorry couldn't work out how to add pic - it says "Fly Safeprecise Fly Safe DatabaseUpdate. New Fly Safe Data found. Precise Fly Safe Database, Please update as soon as possible" then Update/Ignore options
Thanks

after the update request appears just swap to home network then hit ok, it should down load, after download just link back to rc wifi and it should update
when using otg, I wouldn't have the tablet connected to the rc w-fi as otg connection replaces this. Check your cable, you will need a genuine
OTG cable for the data transfer, not all usb cables are OTG compliant
2017-10-21
Use props
Louieaw
lvl.1

Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 19:46
after the update request appears just swap to home network then hit ok, it should down load, after download just link back to rc wifi and it should update
when using otg, I wouldn't have the tablet connected to the rc w-fi as otg connection replaces this. Check your cable, you will need a genuine
OTG cable for the data transfer, not all usb cables are OTG compliant

Thank you lannes for your helpful and quick advice. Re downloading update: Yes thank you when I reverted by my home wifi it downloaded (with progress bar at bottom of page), however it didn't go through any update/install process - the screen went back to the update page. When I went to my wifi settings and changed to the Spark-RC etc wifi it came up with the same update box as described in my post. There is one thing I noticed in the course of doing this: When I connect to my home network the wifi toggles from "checking quality of wifi network" to "connected". However when I use the Spark RC wifi it toggles from "checking quality of wifi network" to "may not have a network (or wifi - not sure) connection" This remains the whole time even though when I return to the app the connected icon and word appears, as does the Go Fly in blue - and the app is working when I click on go fly. I don't know if that is significant. Re connection by OTG. No luck yet - turned wifi off before connecting otg but no good. Just treats it as a battery charge and couldn't see anything in the settings to change that. (Samsung s7 phone) Might be the cable. Thanks again and extremely grateful if you have any further advice.
2017-10-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Louieaw Posted at 2017-10-21 20:49
Thank you lannes for your helpful and quick advice. Re downloading update: Yes thank you when I reverted by my home wifi it downloaded (with progress bar at bottom of page), however it didn't go through any update/install process - the screen went back to the update page. When I went to my wifi settings and changed to the Spark-RC etc wifi it came up with the same update box as described in my post. There is one thing I noticed in the course of doing this: When I connect to my home network the wifi toggles from "checking quality of wifi network" to "connected". However when I use the Spark RC wifi it toggles from "checking quality of wifi network" to "may not have a network (or wifi - not sure) connection" This remains the whole time even though when I return to the app the connected icon and word appears, as does the Go Fly in blue - and the app is working when I click on go fly. I don't know if that is significant. Re connection by OTG. No luck yet - turned wifi off before connecting otg but no good. Just treats it as a battery charge and couldn't see anything in the settings to change that. (Samsung s7 phone) Might be the cable. Thanks again and extremely grateful if you have any further advice.

In the DJI Go4 App, in the "general settings/ about" section there is "check for update" , connect the S7 to your home network and select this to confirm all your app's and firmware is up to date

this is the order I use to get my S8+ to work with OTG

1) turn on AC
2) turn on RC and allow it to connect (green light)
3) turn on DJI Go4
4) lastly connect the RC end of the OTG cable to the RC

2017-10-21
Use props
Louieaw
lvl.1

Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-10-21 23:19
In the DJI Go4 App, in the "general settings/ about" section there is "check for update" , connect the S7 to your home network and select this to confirm all your app's and firmware is up to date

this is the order I use to get my S8+ to work with OTG

thanks again lannes. I couldn't find a check for updates link but the version is 4.1.10 which seems to be the latest from a google search. Thanks for the order - I tried that order but still no luck.  I might do some research on the types of cables (usb and otg) or try the micro to micro cable. Thank you
2017-10-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-1 17:03
I'm using an android samsung tablet with OTG and don't have to turn off WiFi.  How do you live stream your flight to Facebook if your turn off the WiFi or cell signal?

Why do you need a working WiFi to stream content to Facebook? Is there a WiFi hotspot where you're flying? I suppose in most places the answer would be "no",,,
Keep the cell signal on, and turn off WiFi. It's a waste of your phone's battery, and at least on my phone - it hampers the robustness of the OTG connection.
2017-10-22
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-22 11:44
Why do you need a working WiFi to stream content to Facebook? Is there a WiFi hotspot where you're flying? I suppose in most places the answer would be "no",,,
Keep the cell signal on, and turn off WiFi. It's a waste of your phone's battery, and at least on my phone - it hampers the robustness of the OTG connection.

I do have wifi available where I fly most often.  I'm also using a Samsung Tablet so battery life on that device is longer than my RC and the 4 batteries I normal fly with.  Wifi is faster than trying to stream to the Cellular network.  
2017-10-30
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Is the OTG solution to iphone disabled with the latest ios 11? No signal form remote to phone. I try a OTG to usb->lightning, no joy. Any thoughts?
2017-11-20
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

i´m using the s8 and the motog5 plus, with two diferent OTG adaptors  without problems , this is my sequence,

1.- Turn on TX
2.-Turn on AC
3.- Wait for the green solid led on the TX
4.- Insert OTG on TX
5.- Insert cable on the phone.
i have installe both dji go and dji go 4 and the phones prompt to choose the app.
choose the dji go 4 for the spark
and that´s all
before this phones i was using the j7 and works too
sometimes you need to enable the developer options in you phone , so youc an enable the  USB DEBUG.

2017-11-21
Use props
Xavier Landriau
New

Canada

Why I can't see my battery level and specs when I use an OTG cable to connect my phone to the RC?
2017-11-27
Use props
Xavier Landriau
New

Canada

I have a Motorola moto x phone
2017-11-27
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-11-20 16:04
Is the OTG solution to iphone disabled with the latest ios 11? No signal form remote to phone. I try a OTG to usb->lightning, no joy. Any thoughts?

I’m running an IPad Air 2 with 11.1.2 and have been using the OTG since 11.0.1 with no problems. The order I found to connect the cable is plug in the lightning connector on the IPad first then the usb on the RC. It works fine for me that way.
2017-11-27
Use props
Xavier Landriau
New

Canada

Yes, i do that every time, all is connected, I can fly the drone and see the playback but I can't see my battery specs and life.
2017-11-27
Use props
Xavier Landriau
New

Canada

I have bought a 2$ cable so it's probably the reason it does not work but i was just wondering if someone was expecting the same problem.

Thank you
2017-11-27
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Jezmo Posted at 2017-11-27 14:02
I’m running an IPad Air 2 with 11.1.2 and have been using the OTG since 11.0.1 with no problems. The order I found to connect the cable is plug in the lightning connector on the IPad first then the usb on the RC. It works fine for me that way.

I'm not sure the OTG cable used was the right one. I used microUsb->usb- lightning setup and that didnt work. Any clues?
2017-11-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mariuss Posted at 2017-11-30 08:31
I'm not sure the OTG cable used was the right one. I used microUsb->usb- lightning setup and that didnt work. Any clues?

I hope, your lightning cable isn't the OTG adapter.
Because the adapter needs to be on the RC side.
Also, on Android, RC and app is picky a bit.
But a good micro-USB-OTG adapter plus a data-charging cable should do.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-30 08:45
I hope, your lightning cable isn't the OTG adapter.
Because the adapter needs to be on the RC side.
Also, on Android, RC and app is picky a bit.

https://www.kjell.com/no/produkt ... -kabel-0-1-m-p92969

I used  the above for the RC-side, this one couplet to a lightning cable and then into the iPad.

2017-11-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mariuss Posted at 2017-11-30 09:04
https://www.kjell.com/no/produkter/data-og-nettverk/kabler-og-adaptere/usb/usb-adaptere/vinklet-otg-adapter-med-kabel-0-1-m-p92969

So it may be the 'being picky'  thing.
I'd just try another otg adapter and lightning cable and both combinations of it.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-30 17:40
So it may be the 'being picky'  thing.
I'd just try another otg adapter and lightning cable and both combinations of it.

Yeah guess thats the way to go, thanks
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_yjY9AVg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12398 ft
Brazil

Hello, I have a spark and the otg cable only works when the smartphone's battery is up 80%. Below is disconnecting and connecting. Have you seen that?
2017-12-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_yjY9AVg Posted at 2017-12-1 17:14
Hello, I have a spark and the otg cable only works when the smartphone's battery is up 80%. Below is disconnecting and connecting. Have you seen that?

That sounds really weird, have you tried with another device?
2017-12-2
Use props
lrymsza - BR/SC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12398 ft
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 00:30
That sounds really weird, have you tried with another device?

Not yet, I'll soon try to test with another device.
2017-12-3
Use props
Lmelton74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46867 ft
United States

ecf_08 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:10
Thanks. I simulated it many times and this is the key. I summarized for everyone.

1) Power On Spark

Do you have an an issue with DJI Go 4 app showing the battery status while connecting thru the OTG cable?
2017-12-18
Use props
fans72d6f758
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15781 ft
Australia

ecf_08 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:10
Thanks. I simulated it many times and this is the key. I summarized for everyone.

1) Power On Spark

Thank you for your post Ant, what you have posted is the only thing that worked for me.
The only thing I find now is my phone does not display Spark Battery Voltage or satellite numbers.
Is there a way to get these things to display again or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance.
2018-2-19
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Lots of information here in this thread,, however, OTG does not work with Android (unless you on 4.1.5) .. OTG still works with IOS, as of today!!,, As mentioned in a few replies it is the connection sequence that gets the OTG connected and working. I bought my OTG cable at a local electronic store and use an iPad Air 2..
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules