Oh yeah Gerry I also keep a yeti cooler for my post flight debrief

You DA MAN Axe.  
2015-3-28
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

tonyray, l have that one on order too, it should be delivered Tuesday. The reviews were good and l figured l could use the backpack without the quad, and stick the quad in the foam into the truck trunk (Ridgeline, you know the trunk   ) separately.
2015-3-29
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mine came today, a day early. l packed it with all my stuff, and l have to say it's a near-perfect very solid fit. l'd read reviews of other soft shell backpacks not fitting the copter quite right, or not accepting the V3 range extender. This one fits everything perfectly, l would recommend it if you haven't bought one yet.
The only thing negative l noticed is that when putting the Tx in, the button can switch on if you're not careful. lt beeps, so not like l wouldn't notice, but something to be aware of. And it took me a while to figure out how to manipulate it in there before putting the Phantom in. lt was like Tetris.
2015-3-30
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-3-24 05:24
most good hard cases will be more than 200.  i love mine, it was 250.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr ...

this is so huge, can't really carry this as hand-carry for an airplane right? is it sturdy enough for check in luggage?
2015-3-31
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

wazzupbeckham@y Posted at 2015-3-31 18:00
this is so huge, can't really carry this as hand-carry for an airplane right? is it sturdy enough  ...

I would be paranoid about checking my drone on plane due to risk of theft. The only things I ever check on flights is bag with clothes and other non value items. Only expensive thing in my suitcase is the Kilts I wear normally on a daily basis which is around 75-120.00. Better to loose those then a 900.00 drone. So My drone wont be leaving the ground on a plane unless its under my seat or in the OVHD comp. Otherwise its "road trips" for me in my own vehicle even going on cruises. Carnival announced they dont allow drowns on there ships anyways, so i guess Im not taking mine.
2015-3-31
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

busclas Posted at 2015-3-26 06:22
I'll post pictures of mine this weekend.  I just bought individual items and built my own.  Came in  ...

Here's the picture I was going to post and forgot over the weekend.  It's not the prettiest, but it is functional and at a third the cost of most hard cases i've seen.

2015-3-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

wazzupbeckham@y Posted at 2015-3-31 18:00
this is so huge, can't really carry this as hand-carry for an airplane right? is it sturdy enough  ...

too big for carry on.   sturdy enough for check bag but will get beat all to hell so i dont think ill be checking it.  this isnt my air travel case, but fantastic for ground travel.
2015-4-1
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-3-31 04:13
Mine came today, a day early. l packed it with all my stuff, and l have to say it's a near-perfect ...

I ordered mine yesterday will take about a week to get it.
2015-4-3
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I got the case I ordered today I really like it more then enough room for everything

I can even put my tablet in and there is enough room for a laptop if i want.
2015-4-10
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-25 15:06
Remember you're not just buying a case. It's also a roll around landing zone. Keeps you out of the m ...

Pretty slick.  What is the mirror for?
2015-4-10
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-4-11 02:30
Pretty slick.  What is the mirror for?

So you can see the LED lights without have to get on your knees.
2015-4-10
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-11 04:11
So you can see the LED lights without have to get on your knees.

WOW!  What a great idea.  I do not have a hard case BUT I am going to pack a small mirror in my backpack.  Thanks
2015-4-10
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

I picked up a set of blind spot mirrors from the dollar store for $1.50 got 2 of them easily fits in my case and with the fish eye effect it's easier to see the leds.  
2015-4-11
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

For those of us with soft-shell backpacks, this is what l found when l opened mine up yesterday. (Hopefully the picture shows up).
The bag had been put on top of a dresser for 2 days. lt gets full sun starting at 16:30, but here in Canada it's not exactly beating down on us at this time of year. Anyway, if the pic shows up, notice the "wow" in the foam insert at the end of the bag that took the sun, it changed shape with the heat. Not a complaint, obviously my fault completely for leaving it there, but something to be aware of when outdoors in the sun, or leaving it in the car.
http://imgur.com/gallery/QluDZsr/new
2015-4-14
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I broke down and ordered this. It wasnt cheap but it works with the taller landing gear has pull out handle and wheels. Also has 5 removable foam inserts for custom fit.
2015-04-14 21.28.29.jpg
2015-04-14 21.29.00.jpg
2015-04-14 21.29.28.jpg
2015-04-14 21.28.45.jpg
2015-4-14
Use props
john
New

United States

Just received this one today. Soft side, back pack straps, carries everything plus accepts the prop guards.

HPRC HPHPRCDROLG
Soft Bag with Custom Foam for DJI Phantom 2 / 2 Vision / 2 Vision+
                  1        $165.00        $165.00
2015-4-15
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Case is complete. Holds everything I need including spare landing gear. Up to 5 batteries or 4 with a a/c converter for use in vehicle, space for 2 sets of props, space for box of tools and a/c charger, radio, extender and upgraded antenna panel, plus the Phantom. Yea the box is big and tall but it holds the bird with the taller wider landing gear. Now I have to glue the foam layers together. It has 5 removable foam layers.
2015-04-16 19.53.11.jpg
2015-04-16 19.52.50.jpg
2015-4-16
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone have a hard case for the P2+ (v3)  with prop guards on that will hold the 10 inch ipad and the summit ipad holder and shade?   
2015-4-16
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received one of these and traveled with it on a 3 hour flight and it did the job well. But I would not check it as luggage - would only trust a hard card for that. This case fits in the overhead even in regional jets. It also is a backpack and holds up to a 15" Laptop.
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-helipak.aspx
I packed
The P2V+
Prop guards (taken off)
2 total batteries
charger
Trackimo
lots of props and extra stuff like zip ties, bottom gimbal protector, etc.
a bunch of small clothing (went to florida) like shorts
Papers, manual.
My 13" MB air
A couple macbook chargers, USD cables and other misc junk.
My Sony RX-100 camera

It all fit no problem and it was nice knowing that all this valuable stuff was in my possession at all time (on my back much of the time).
Before I got that backpack, I had it packed in the $40 hard case I had purchased before....that was too big by a few inches to fit in some regional jet overheads, had no straps for keeping on my back and didn't hold all the other assorted junk as well.

I also will put in a vote for the original box you get from DJI. I used this a number of times for both transport and shipping - as another member said, you could reinforce it with tape after awhile.

As with anything else it depends on your budget and needs. I often just toss the Phantom in the back of the car - upside down with prop guards and gimbal lock seems to keep it fairly steady and safe.
IMG_4012.jpg
IMG_4014.jpg
2015-4-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyki ... asp?idproduct=73614

13.00 ship US

got it in 2 days

works fine, if it lasts a year I win as the quad may not...lol

my plus and stuff fit tight and it is so nice to just grab this and toss in car. instead of box used to use. Perfect for our bike trips.

I ended up ordering a second for my regular phantom2 last night.

if you go to the web page it is on and wait 5 or so minutes and grab a beer they will offer it for 5 dollars less in a pop up box.

2015-4-16
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

the hobby king one that kirk posted is good value and has some improvements on exactly similar models over the past few months.  id defn order that one if i was getting one today as it is near identical to the one that the fellow forum friend gave to me on here with improvements to the foam design.  for non-air travel, i would highly recommend it, very light, very good fit.
2015-4-17
Use props
bobbym2075
New

United States

Id go with Go Professional Cases.  They have several Phantom cases available including the new Phantom 3. Goprofessionalcases.com
2015-4-24
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

Last edited by tonyray955 In 2015-3-29 12:28 Editor

I'm planing on getting this one
http://www.amazon.com/FEARLESS-E ... JI+Phantom+2+Series

Tonyray955, thanks for sharing, I purchased that pack and found it a better choice for travel!!!!
2015-4-24
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

TheRann4u Posted at 2015-4-25 08:44
Tonyray955, thanks for sharing, I purchased that pack and found it a better choice for travel!!!! ...

Thanks I was surprised with how much you can put in it. I have everything for my Phantom plus a 8in. tablet and could even fit a laptop in too.  Also if you put it in your car for a few min. you get that new car smell
2015-4-25
Use props
freebygsy
lvl.1
Guernsey

IMHO  it has to be a peli case, and in yellow. They are not that expensive considering what they are protecting, last forever and can drive a car over them.  I use an IM2600  PeliStorm (Yellow)

My P3 sits in one as I need to check it in as our local airline has a small carry-on size limit. Batteries have to go in hand baggage just for the flight until the current lithium battery scare has calmed down.
2015-5-23
Use props
freebygsy
lvl.1
Guernsey

Axeman Posted at 2015-3-25 15:06
Remember you're not just buying a case. It's also a roll around landing zone. Keeps you out of the m ...

And no to mention a useful seat as well.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules