8289 51 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-7-28 19:09
Then you never fly your Mavic in Sport Mode?

I've had it in Sport mode one time.  Never found a need for it yet.

Sport Mode can be useful, if you want to let your Mavic rip at 65 km/h or if you want to get your Mavic out of strong winds fast or if you want to get your Mavic away from angry birds or insects or if you need to bring your Mavic home really fast, because dinner is ready...
2017-7-29
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

lotpb Posted at 2017-7-28 19:25
thank you for your video

Just to avoid a misunderstanding, this is not my video clip, I cannot take credit for it.
Ed Ricker made that video clip.
2017-7-29
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never caught my Mavic, but, I can see where it would occasionally by beneficial. I think I like the idea of letting it land in your hand instead of grabbing it out of the air.   
2017-7-29
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

I just turned the landind protection off when needed to do hand landing. No need to turn VPS off. It makes it way easier and controlled since the mavic does not go up after detecting your hand.
2017-7-30
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Lay Posted at 2017-7-30 01:28
I just turned the landind protection off when needed to do hand landing. No need to turn VPS off. It makes it way easier and controlled since the mavic does not go up after detecting your hand.

Fair enough, if this works better for you...
2017-7-30
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here you go - video I made today:
2017-7-30
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

Nice video chalde. I have to try that way couple of times.

I'm still a bit concerned how well it will work while boating. Does it lose sight of the hand easily when the boat and your hand is moving and will it rise back up etc.
2017-7-30
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lay Posted at 2017-7-30 11:28
Nice video chalde. I have to try that way couple of times.

I'm still a bit concerned how well it will work while boating. Does it lose sight of the hand easily when the boat and your hand is moving and will it rise back up etc.

It's very good at detecting your hand, even when the drone is slightly higher where my hand was.
You could try first over a dock if you're concerned the water reflection could cause interference.
2017-7-30
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

lotpb Posted at 2017-7-28 19:25
thank you for your video

Can't foresee any reason to land in my hand unless I am knee deep in water, or on a boat, maybe trying to impress someone
( which is on the test for FAA Part 107 Certification here in the US ) it called Machoism

2017-7-30
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Landing in my hand has saved my gimbal and props many time, when landing in rocky terrain would have most likely damaged either of those.
2017-7-31
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-30 11:48
Can't foresee any reason to land in my hand unless I am knee deep in water, or on a boat, maybe trying to impress someone
( which is on the test for FAA Part 107 Certification here in the US ) it called Machoism

I was in a weird situation today where I couldn't return to my Home Point and the only alternative was to land the Mavic in high grass. I don't consider my Mavic to be a lawn mower, so I caught it in my hand.
Chalde mentions other examples in his post.
2017-7-31
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-30 11:48

Sorry to revive the post, but here is another situation when you'll be glad to hand-catch your mavic: Landing at the beach.
I was at the beach this weekend and was certainly happy to hand catch it myself - it was a bit windy, but even if the wind, the mavic behaved perfectly in detecting my hand and landed without me having to move.
I'm pretty sure salt will destroy that poor gimbal
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules