Restricted flights, NO WARNINGS
2571 27 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

I can't fly.  I have updated the firmware and since have found I cannot fly at any of the spots I safely flew for the last 1.5 years.  And haven't gotten a single warning!!!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Just to clarity, is it a phantom 3 Standard? Could you please provide more details about this issue?
2017-7-27
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-27 21:27
Just to clarity, is it a phantom 3 Standard? Could you please provide more details about this issue?

Yes. A p3s.  I have tried to fly at my usual spots since the update but can only fly about 96 ft distance at about 65 ft height
2017-7-28
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-7-28 07:09
Yes. A p3s.  I have tried to fly at my usual spots since the update but can only fly about 96 ft distance at about 65 ft height

Sounds like your not signed into the DJI go app after the recent software update,  so the drone is stuck in beginner mode. Sign into the app once, and keep it signed into it and you should able to fly as normal, the update means you have to be signed in at all times to fly the drone out of beginner mode.
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-28 07:17
Sounds like your not signed into the DJI go app after the recent software update,  so the drone is stuck in beginner mode. Sign into the app once, and keep it signed into it and you should able to fly as normal, the update means you have to be signed in at all times to fly the drone out of beginner mode.

Not sure what you mean.  Signed in all the timewith the go app?  I am signed it and since the update.  I use a iPad mini to fly with and cannot connect to the internet while flying.
2017-7-28
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

Also, are you close to an airport? Some rules have changed in certain locations. No fly zones have increased.
2017-7-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For ONE time only while you are at home connected to the internet you will have to log out of the app and back in to the app this will then allow you to fly when you out later ! - No connection is need again once done should fly just as it did previously. The new firmware limits your flights until you complete this.
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-28 09:10
For ONE time only while you are at home connected to the internet you will have to log out of the app and back in to the app this will then allow you to fly when you out later ! - No connection is need again once done should fly just as it did previously. The new firmware limits your flights until you complete this.

I have done that, several times, trying to get to fly normally. With no success.  But I will keep trying.
2017-7-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You clicked on the ME icon at the bottom of the connect screen on the app - YES? Click the GEAR/COG icon top right of the next screen  -The click SIGN OUT?
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Homer Simpson Posted at 2017-7-28 08:58
Also, are you close to an airport? Some rules have changed in certain locations. No fly zones have increased.

According to the FAA app I am within 5 miles of an airport, which is actually a private heliport, and there are several around here as this is a big petrochemical area.  However the area marked by this one is huge compared to the others. The actual distance by car is 5.7 miles.
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-28 09:50
You clicked on the ME icon at the bottom of the connect screen on the app - YES? Click the GEAR/COG icon top right of the next screen  -The click SIGN OUT?

Did this several times now.  Stayed signed out for the last 30 minutes the last time today before signing back in.  Will try to fly again this afternoon.

It would be very helpful if DJI could come with a way to indicate you have properly updated and completed the process to fly unrestricted.
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-27 21:27

I've logged out and in several times, staying logged out a few times for different lengths of time, and am still only getting 150 to 160 ft distance and under 70 height.
2017-7-28
Use props
JTPhotographics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11158 ft
Australia

I had an issue with my P4 where I couldn't fly more that 100m from the handset. Because of an App update, my maximum distance limiter had been turned on. Turned it off and all good. Could it be the same thing?
2017-7-28
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

JTPhotographics Posted at 2017-7-28 20:11
I had an issue with my P4 where I couldn't fly more that 100m from the handset. Because of an App update, my maximum distance limiter had been turned on. Turned it off and all good. Could it be the same thing?

Beginner mode?  I made sure it is off.  I do notice the rear lights flash green and red.  
2017-7-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe your in or near a NFZ and thats why your limited.... they were addition/changes to these in the latest update...
2017-7-28
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

One reason why I don't update anymore.
2017-7-29
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

I think they update the restricted areas
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

X-ACTO! Posted at 2017-7-29 04:01
I think they update the restricted areas

Isn't there supposed to be a warning message?  I thought the video DJI put out said there'd be one.
2017-7-29
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-7-29 06:56
Isn't there supposed to be a warning message?  I thought the video DJI put out said there'd be one.

Which zone area are you in?       Restricted, Authorization, Warning or Enchanced Warning Zone?
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-29 07:06
Which zone area are you in?       Restricted, Authorization, Warning or Enchanced Warning Zone?

Warning! Yellow.  It says within 5 miles of an airport, but its incorrect.  It's a private heliport in Freeport, Tx. That covers a huge area that overs my entire town and part of two others.  I never had this problem before the update.  Now I'm about done with DJI.  I was looking forward to upgrade, but not any longer.  
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-29 07:06

It's a warning zone on B4UFLY and I'm outside any type of zone on Airmap.  It for a heliport owned by Airlogistics in Freeport, Tx.  One says I'm within 5 miles the other says it's 6 miles.  The local airport doesn't cover this large a warning zone.
2017-7-29
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-7-29 08:10
Warning! Yellow.  It says within 5 miles of an airport, but its incorrect.  It's a private heliport in Freeport, Tx. That covers a huge area that overs my entire town and part of two others.  I never had this problem before the update.  Now I'm about done with DJI.  I was looking forward to upgrade, but not any longer.

You can unlock the yellow warning area by going here.

DJI gives you the ability to unlock a yellow warning area to fly, and gives you a 48 hour window.   After that period of time all you have to do is sign up again to reopen.  There is a detailed explanation under "Authorization Zone Flight Planning".
I have used it several times to do roof inspections near an airport.

Good Luck!!  
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-7-29 11:06
i never do updates .. may be because of the helicopter location now that you have done an update that this area is now in the restriction zone

I found a spot in a clear zone, Green on B4UFLY, same height and distance limits.  97ft high and 167ft distance. Also tried turning on and off the beginner mode and adjusting the max height. Made no difference.  I'm going to try to revert to a prior version of the Go App.
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-29 13:06

DJI gives you the ability to unlock a yellow warning area to fly, and gives you a 48 hour window.   After that period of time all you have to do is sign up again to reopen.  There is a detailed explanation under "Authorization Zone Flight Planning".

Thanks. I'll try that, but it was the same in a green zone.  Go figure?  I'm thinking it's a glitch.
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-29 13:06

I may have figured it out.  I didn't have the lastest version of the GO app, or not all of it, even though I did update.  I removed it and re-downloaded it.  I'll try to fly in the morning.
Most of the warning zones on the B4UFLY and Airmap do it appear on the DJI app, including the huge heliport that covers nearly my entire town,
2017-7-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-7-29 21:40
I may have figured it out.  I didn't have the lastest version of the GO app, or not all of it, even though I did update.  I removed it and re-downloaded it.  I'll try to fly in the morning.
Most of the warning zones on the B4UFLY and Airmap do it appear on the DJI app, including the huge heliport that covers nearly my entire town,

Just an observation. There has not been a single useful new feature added to the P3 firmware for over two years now, so you could have shut off updates two years ago and been no worse off for features. However you would also not have any of the hassles you are now having.
2017-7-29
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-29 22:04
Just an observation. There has not been a single useful new feature added to the P3 firmware for over two years now, so you could have shut off updates two years ago and been no worse off for features. However you would also not have any of the hassles you are now having.

If I had turned off updates two years ago I probably wouldn't have had troubles either, but I didn't.  So, I have to deal with them as I go.  My question would be, how did DJI limit my flights without the update?
2017-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-8-4 22:53
If I had turned off updates two years ago I probably wouldn't have had troubles either, but I didn't.  So, I have to deal with them as I go.  My question would be, how did DJI limit my flights without the update?

Probably because the DJI Go app on your phone has been automatically updating.
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules