DJI Vision app vs. Ultimate Flight vs. Phantom Flight vs. Other?? - Feed...
10159 20 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Hoping for any feedback and/or comments on the various 3rd Party app's out there for the Android or iOS platforms vs. the DJI Vision App.
Ideal information would be:
Which Phantom model you are using it with
Operating System - iOS or Android.
Unique Features over and above what the DJI Vision app has and specific to which platform.
User Friendlienss on a phone or tablet or which is preferrable with the specific app.
How is the app supported and will it continue to be supported, by who and for how long?
Links to videos/demos would be great.
If you have all of the above apps and have had sufficient time with each and possibly others, your feedback would be appreciated...

Sure i have missed a few things but pretty sure it won't be long before i can update the above..

2015-3-23
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Phantom Flight App.  Its goal is to be a simple flight app with a clean interface.  I'll be trying to stretch the capabilities of the sdk.  The current edge of development is a more complete follow-me feature and poi camera focus.

Another thread about it: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Follow Me
Flight Plan Import
Flight Game
Circle Flight Plans (POI)

2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

North,

I've downloaded and played with both of them but the weather has been keeping me grounded for the most part. I'm using the Phantom Vision 2+ v3 and a Nexus 7 tablet. I was using an IPhone (too small), then IPad (too big), now I've got the Nexus (just right). I got the Anroid to try some of the other apps but I'm really too inexperienced with them to give much of a review. I really like the Ultimate Flight layout and offline GS feature. You can plot out your flight and save it for later. I did three or four flights with 5-10 waypoints sitting at my table then went outside, uploaded them to the bird and went about flying. I played around with the Ultimate follow me stuff and it appeared to work relatively well. I think Ken is spending quite a bit of time on this feature now. I also like the logging features but haven't done much with the data yet. Just found out where it was being captured yesterday. I've flown with Follow Me twice so far. I really like the clean layout, seemed to work fine but haven't been able to do much with it yet. I wish I could provide more insight but they're both too new to me at this point. I went to the Android so I could play with the different variations as they became available. I don't know much about Brad or Ken. I do know that Ken lives and breathes this stuff. Seems like he's at it 24x7. Wish I could provide more but that's all I've got.

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-24 05:47
North,

I've downloaded and played with both of them but the weather has been keeping me grounded fo ...

North,

Just to clarify, "follow me" is actually called "DJI Phantom Flight GS/FollowMe". Didn't want anyone searching for "follow me".

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-24 07:08
North,

Just to clarify, "follow me" is actually called "DJI Phantom Flight GS/FollowMe". Didn't w ...

Thanks Jerry,
Just in the early stages as I want to get a mid size tablet and not sure if I want another operating system in the house as no Androids in our home...Except me..When the wife starts commanding me as such! And I love you honey if ever happend to find yourself snooping on this forum
2015-3-23
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

Hi North, I'm using the FPV Booster. I initially bought it for the flight logging feature but has learned to appreciate how the data is presented to the pilot, specially the satellite view showing where home point, pilot and phantom are and the ability to do a post flight review. The flight log shows I have 20 flights logged in but I already had some flights before I bought it. Its in Facebook and my unit is a P2V+ Ver.3

FPVB LO.jpg
FPVB FL.jpg.jpg
FPVB FMP.jpg
FPVB FT.jpg
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Adding the information about "DJI Ultimate Flight app"

Recent thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... d=10185&lang=en
Follow-me (is in pre-release, I like more testing but it works well):
Video documentation: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/#documentation
Google Store (release app): https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .djiultimateflight2
Google groups (all members have access to all pre-releases): https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/dji-ultimate-flight
List of where the app is going (somewhat out of date): http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidAp ... t/ultimatePlan.html

Supports Android: 4.0.3 and above

2015-3-23
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Here is a new one:   http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom#features     Works on iOS 8.13 with GPS enabled device  (iP6, IPadMini, Air etc..)

Tag line from site:  Turn your Phantom into a Smart Drone by using your iPhone or iPad. With Selectable Modes, Motion Tracking, and Real-time Controls, the sky is the limit.

Looks really good, clean, simple.  Has it's own flight school to teach the app to you.  Optimized for iPAD   Modes:  Hover, Orbit, Mimic, Intercept, Follow and more.   Auto focus for camera/ gimbal

Something new all together.   Think I'll go with this one in a few days....
2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I have used all 3. I prefer DJI Phantom Flight.

DJI Phantom has some unique features in the way point section. It will create way points for you based on a radius you define and the number of points you want. Also the follow me feature just plan works and allows the user to set same parameters to tweak how it works. It also has the ability to tweak your RF signal levels thats a big plus.

Now that doesn't mean Ultimate Flight doesn't have some good features. For me the thing that sets it apart is the voice warnings. Also the auto camera start is a major plus.

Both these apps have something I like over the DJI vision app. I can use the map without being in GS mode and they won't create a way point if I accidentally touch the screen. Sometimes I fly without a camera and I use the map if I loose sight of the bird. The only way I can do that in the Vision app is to turn on the GS mode.

The OEM DJI app I use as a baseline to test firmware updates to make sure DJI didn't break something.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

If/when anyone has it for iOS please let me know,,,,
2015-3-23
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-24 08:51
If/when anyone has it for iOS please let me know,,,,

I'm using the IOS version in my iPad and iPhone.
2015-3-23
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

I've just purchased the IOS DJI phantom flight app today, the follow me mode is good, but I'm having problems with POI mode>>I can't change the radius value at all, I gave it a different value and then I switched to "FPV" mode for initiating flight plans, the radius value just kept resetting back to factory value while I switched back to "setting" menu later.

The aircraft has powered on and the connection to my iPhone has been established as well , I keep trying several times but just can't figure out how to solve this matter, does anyone having same problems , too?

My phone: IPHONE6
AIrcraft: DJI Phantom2 Vision plus V3 (V3.12)
2015-4-16
Use props
TheRann4u
lvl.4

United States

DJI Phantom Flight App.  Its goal is to be a simple flight app with a clean interface.

does anyone know how to change camera resolution settings or there's not an option?
2015-4-16
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

I'm interested in the Phantom Flight App.  Not sure I'm understanding if it has Ground Station ability?
2015-4-16
Use props
TheRann4u
lvl.4

United States

I'm interested in the Phantom Flight App.  Not sure I'm understanding if it has Ground Station ability?

yes it does for android. Here is some info             http://txpower.beyondthecube.ca/
2015-4-16
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phanom 3 Professional
I am using a Google Nexus 7ii Android tablet
I have the latest firmware installed, v.1.2.6

Because of the firmware I have installed, I can't find any app that I can run in beta or pre-release, and I don't see any that are released yet.
When I say any app, I mean any app that has POI, follow me, GS, or any of those types of features.

Please tell me if there is anything out there that I can purchase, beta test, alpha test, or run in any other way at this moment given the specs I have presented, particularly the Firmware version.

Thank you
2015-7-1
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

HalloweenBob Posted at 2015-7-1 23:52
I have the latest firmwa ...

You might have more luck asking in the Phantom 3 forum, this one is for the Phantom 2 models.
2015-7-1
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

HalloweenBob Posted at 2015-7-1 23:52
I have the latest firmwa ...

I believe kenargo and the Ultimate flight app has P3 support.
2015-7-2
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-7-2 20:57
I believe kenargo and the Ultimate flight app has P3 support.

But do they work if I am running Firmware v 1.2.6?
2015-7-2
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

srtgray Posted at 2015-7-2 02:44
You might have more luck asking in the Phantom 3 forum, this one is for the Phantom 2 models.

Sorry, I thought I was in the Phantom 3 forum. My mistake.
2015-7-2
Use props
kevin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21358 ft
  • >>>
United States

HalloweenBob Posted at 2015-7-2 22:00
Sorry, I thought I was in the Phantom 3 forum. My mistake.

Thinking of DJI Phantom Flight but the 3 reviews in the App Store are all bad. Anyone use it recently with a P2V+?
2015-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules