New Mavic default video settings thoughts??
1833 6 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iskareot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 961198 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I did my updates... loaded all my batteries, trying to make sure im solid.
I see the tip now comes up for changing the video to 2.7k --   BUT by default they have made the video setting 2.7k 24 fps.

Has everyone had the best results with this?  Is this for post use?  I am sure its not BAD but is this the best overall settting??  I didn't think so myself but I guess firmware updates can change this?  

Any thoughts or input would be nice to hear!
2017-7-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Many of the settings can change after a firmware update and it is up to the user to check them.
The video resolution is a personal choice and depends on your ability to edit the video and what you are going to use it for.
24fps is a very cinematic setting and requires more controlled flying skills for panning. 30fps is probably the most common setting used, but again, it is up to you as to the setting you want.
2017-7-27
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Right, I get that I was surprised to see them change the default... from 4k to this was the point.   I have flown for 8 years - helis more so, quads are like heli light... if that, so thats no issue.    I guess I was more surprised to see DJI change default settings.       I actually thought 4k was a better choice - 2.7k 30 is solid though.
2017-7-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Iskareot Posted at 2017-7-29 21:06
Right, I get that I was surprised to see them change the default... from 4k to this was the point.   I have flown for 8 years - helis more so, quads are like heli light... if that, so thats no issue.    I guess I was more surprised to see DJI change default settings.       I actually thought 4k was a better choice - 2.7k 30 is solid though.

Who knows why DJI does some things. It may be because there are a number of users who just get the Mavic, charge the batteries and go flying and take a bit of video at the same time. Most PCs can handle viewing 2.7k without too much problem so their initial reaction will be positive.
2017-7-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i have been up and down of 2.7k but finally back at 2.7k and feel most comfortable here - was at 30fps now testing 60 fps (30 felt better although i cant say why) - will then test at 24fps and hope i know what to do by then- for me 2.7k is a good balance between sufficient/good quality at not too high GB usage -
2017-7-30
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-29 21:50
Who knows why DJI does some things. It may be because there are a number of users who just get the Mavic, charge the batteries and go flying and take a bit of video at the same time. Most PCs can handle viewing 2.7k without too much problem so their initial reaction will be positive.

Yeah I mean - I wish they had listed WHY they changed the default and the thought behind it.   I did some testing, sure it looks ok --

I took think 2.7 30 fps is the best all around a tad better then the 24fps,  the 24fps in post does good but I agree who knows why really.

I think I am going to roll back to a 4k 30 or 2.7k 30 I have a 64gig card so no issue --  good to see some good input though, I didnt want to think I was crazy
2017-8-1
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

I shoot @ 1080P 60fps I like it
.............C
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now