1241 6 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231335 ft
Lithuania

Hello,
tried to change from 5.8ghz, to 2.4ghz and was suprized, how far i can fly and do not lose video signal and control of aircraft. Not using OTG cable. Is it just for me?  What about your experience?
Here some videos (not mine) from youtube how to switch signal and tests with differend channels.

2017-7-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep.. i think Dji should really update the spark for OTG support. because with OTG and using RC, the aircraft can more freely change channels midflight... where as doing that without OTG can be problematic. but yet it still locks in...as a precation.   it has real potential to go even further i have heard from a hacker friend of mine....    i have an iPad mini 2 (retina) i just got  to use as a dedicated screen.   and im just waiting on amazon to refund my money so i can buy another spark .. i given up on buying a Mavic Pro right now, my GF only letting me get another spark.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thomasgmcarthur
New

Canada

I find I get much better image transmission to my iPhone using the RC without the OTG when on 2.4 but because the default setting is 5.8 GHz, I often forget to change the channel before taking off so I have to land, change the channel then take off again which is a pain considering the short battery life.
Anyone know of a way to change the default channel?
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thomasgmcarthur Posted at 2017-7-28 06:15
I find I get much better image transmission to my iPhone using the RC without the OTG when on 2.4 but because the default setting is 5.8 GHz, I often forget to change the channel before taking off so I have to land, change the channel then take off again which is a pain considering the short battery life.

I have had no difference using OTG wifi works fine.
2017-7-28
Use props
amd
lvl.2
Lithuania

Thomasgmcarthur Posted at 2017-7-28 06:15

Usualy it takes 10-30s to change channel, and i do it when aircraft is on the groung. So it takes max 1 percent of battery life, but u get perfect and no laggy view, when fly :-)
2017-7-28
Use props
NdFeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85013 ft
United Kingdom

How come you guys get video signal when using 2.4? The moment I change to 2.4 my screen goes black and white and there is no signal until I plug OTG cable. On 5G video is OK if not too far 100m+ it starts to break  
2017-7-28
Use props
amd
lvl.2
Lithuania

NdFeB Posted at 2017-7-28 13:12
How come you guys get video signal when using 2.4? The moment I change to 2.4 my screen goes black and white and there is no signal until I plug OTG cable. On 5G video is OK if not too far 100m+ it starts to break

Just change to 2.4ghz and wait till live view restores on screen.  I dont no why, but its not worked with  LG G2, but it works perfect with Sony Z5.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules