Singapore

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-27
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

not to defend DJI support which I also think is not to the expected standard of quality :

you are flying :

- near power lines
- near high traffic road
- between buildings
- above bright and reflecting surfaces
- probably not in LOS

Would I be DJI, I would also charge pilot's fault if something happens...
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the crash accident, please leave me with the case number, so that I can check more details of data analysis. Thanks.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

Matioupi Posted at 2017-7-28 00:00
not to defend DJI support which I also think is not to the expected standard of quality :

you are flying :

I did fly in the same conditions prior to this in another location, but the drone worked fine.

And the buildings as see are mostly low and many open areas, almost same conditions as this video here. Please look at how the drone was drifting. And on the RC it keeps saying aircraft not connected and I was trying to get the drone to return back to ground but it just keeps drifting. In this clip, I had no control issues and the distance travelled was even further than in the on that the drone crashed itself.  From this other video, I am sure you can tell I don't anyhow fly the drone.

So my questions to be answered:
1. Why did the drone keep drifting without me touching the remote?
2. Why wasn't the RC connected to the drone all the time? Once it was up about 20m, I lost total control of it.
3. Why was the drone acting like it was in sports mode, even though the sports mode on my remote wasn't turned on?
4. And why am I being charged even after buying DJI care refresh pack? I did not slam the drone into a wall on purpose, I lost control of it.
2017-7-28
Use props
gnuDroneUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7841 ft
United States

Just out of curiousity what is the repair bill like? Is it more than Refresh co-pay?
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

gnuDroneUser Posted at 2017-7-28 03:23
Just out of curiousity what is the repair bill like? Is it more than Refresh co-pay?

They are charging me 354 Yuan, which works out about USD 53 excluding shipping.
2017-7-28
Use props
ebo974
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83730 ft
Réunion

It's REALLY dangerous way of flying... Just over roads is very risky for people. You should think twice before takeoff!
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi can you upload your logs to link below, just click on link and follow instructions,  just come back here and post a link to your log. I will have a look at them might give you a better understanding of what may have happened.

I can tell you you may not have been given warranty just simply because of the environment you were flying in.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-28
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

there is a big difference in both videos your first videos shows the spark being unstable on the video with the camera jumping the way it was. this would of had prompt me to bring it down maybe thats the reason spark is saying its pilot error.
2017-7-28
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

You can change the camera gimble mode between follow and FPV, follow keeps the shot stable while the drone flies, FPV locks it in place.  the drone switches to FPV when in sport mode, but you can switch to FPV when not in sport mode which is why your first video looks the way it does.
2017-7-28
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Unless you were on one of the rooftops there is no way you could have kept the dron in line of sight which is probably why you lost contact.
2017-7-28
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

You need Line of Sight between you and the drone to ensure a stable connection.
any obstacles between your RC and the drone are going to have a MAJOR impact on signal transmission.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

Frangu Posted at 2017-7-28 05:06
there is a big difference in both videos your first videos shows the spark being unstable on the video with the camera jumping the way it was. this would of had prompt me to bring it down maybe thats the reason spark is saying its pilot error.

That's what I was trying to prove. Why would I fly my sparky like a maniac? I guess many people don't read or understand that I lost control of it. I was trying to bring it down the moment it started drifting when it was over 20m, but it just drifted over the buildings and I was trying to bring it to the open carpark and land it. But it keeps drifting back into the buildings.  
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

JaredD Posted at 2017-7-28 05:40
You need Line of Sight between you and the drone to ensure a stable connection.
any obstacles between your RC and the drone are going to have a MAJOR impact on signal transmission.

Jared, I lost control of it once it went up above 20m. I was already trying to bring it back down.
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 07:47
Jared, I lost control of it once it went up above 20m. I was already trying to bring it back down.

Think if you post log we might be able to see what happened.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 07:58
Think if you post log we might be able to see what happened.

How to post log? Sorry, I'm new to this
2017-7-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I got a little dizzy watching first post..

2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 08:01
How to post log? Sorry, I'm new to this

I've left instructions in post 8 click link follow instructions. I see they have moved your thread to service.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

I've uploaded the log, but all i got after that was a blank screen
flightlog.jpg
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

Hey DJI Team,

Why move my post to SERVICE?? It should stay in the Spark category. Trying to hide stuff from potential new owners?  It's no use hiding, just get the issues resolved properly and potential owners will have more faith in your products!

I was thinking of getting a mavic pro as my next drone but think I have lost confidence, in the way how your company handles after sales. I bought a DJI Care Refresh package but now I'm told to pay for repairs for your runaway drone.
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 08:51
I've uploaded the log, but all i got after that was a blank screen

Just follow instructions make sure it's the right flight log.
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 09:10
Hey DJI Team,

Why move my post to SERVICE?? It should stay in the Spark category. Trying to hide stuff from potential new owners?  It's no use hiding, just get the issues resolved properly and potential owners will have more faith in your products!

You don't have to pay for repairs if you have sent in your drone you can opt to use your refresh.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 09:14
Just follow instructions make sure it's the right flight log.

Yes, I got the correct log. I even tried other logs but got the same screen. Anything to do with my browser? I'm using chrome
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 09:16
You don't have to pay for repairs if you have sent in your drone you can opt to use your refresh.

Well, the online support wasn't helping.....
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 09:19
Yes, I got the correct log. I even tried other logs but got the same screen. Anything to do with my browser? I'm using chrome

No it shouldn't, you just need to upload and then post the link here.
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 09:33
No it shouldn't, you just need to upload and then post the link here.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2DBCZ6JXXO51XV4OJLSG/
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 03:12
I did fly in the same conditions prior to this in another location, but the drone worked fine.

Similar flying conditions

1/ Drone kept drifting because you didn't have enough gps and it was in Atti mode

2/the remote was connected to the drone all the time, data downlink was missing for less than a second a couple of times.
3/ drone was acting like sport mode because it had no gps and you were still pushing the sticks causing spark to move faster in direction you were pushing sticks.
4/I think you are being charged because first environment you were flying in, you also never waited for gps lock and were in Atti mode from the get go.

You should have realised this because you would have got warnings from the beginning, you would also have seen on your screen that you were in Atti mode and ha d no gps.

Your spark was responding to your stick movements, but if your not used to Atti mode it can be difficult, you need constant moving and shifting on control sticks once you let go of control your spark will continue on drifting fast on last course you set.

I know it's tough to take but pilot is responsible for where he flys and how aircraft is set up and ready to fly in that area.
Because you have refresh you can try to contact a moderator here and they should be able to help you change your repair to refresh if that's what you want.

Sorry all the news is bad , I will leave you a link below which may help in future flights. I wish you luck and hope your back flying soon.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-7-28
Use props
evowerkz
lvl.1

Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 10:12
1/ Drone kept drifting because you didn't have enough gps and it was in Atti mode

2/the remote was connected to the drone all the time, data downlink was missing for less than a second a couple of times.

Thanks for the info, could you send me the log to view, I wanna have a look what wasn't done right so I can avoid in the future
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

evowerkz Posted at 2017-7-28 23:18
Thanks for the info, could you send me the log to view, I wanna have a look what wasn't done right so I can avoid in the future

If you just click on link you posted. Then click on csv  file of log will download all information is there,
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Like Mindy mentioned, please leave us your case number so we can check more details about this case. Thank you in advance.
2017-7-29
Use props
evowerkz
lvl.1

China

CAS-792475-H3B0B0
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Evowerkz, here is the details of the data analysis:
【FLY25】2017-7-8
1) T=488s, H=1.7m, D=36m. The fly limit caused aircraft landing .   
2) T=492s, H=0.9m, D=31m. Pilot pushing pitch stick 100% backward when aircraft landing, which caused aircraft crashed with obstacles and dropped.
Conclusionilot fault.
【FLY031】2017-7-12
After the first crash, Pilot continued to fly the drone, since the previous crash made the drone in abnormal condition, the aircraft failed to search GPS but in Atti Mode, T=504s, H=20m, the aircraft crashed with obstacles.

Therefore, the repair cannot be covered by warranty. If you would like to use DJI Care Refresh, I will inform colleague to update the quotation. Thanks.
2017-8-4
Use props
evowerkz
lvl.1

China

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-4 01:24
Evowerkz, here is the details of the data analysis:
【FLY25】2017-7-8
1) T=488s, H=1.7m, D=36m. The fly limit caused aircraft landing .   

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your reply. Upon speaking to one of the staff at DJI, I finally understood what you guys were up to.

Well done!

You guys insist on only looking at 1st crash and push away all responsibilities saying after 1st crash, the aircraft is not in normal operational mode.

Please, the 1st crash on the 8th was the aircraft fly straight into my leg. Falliing from a height of less or around 1metre, and with propeller guards on, how horrific can that be?

I request your staff to review the 12th flight data and all she said was DJI only see the 1st crash and deem it as pilot error, so no need to look at the 2nd crash data.

What rubbish is this? The 12th July flight was the one that destroyed the gimbal and now DJI says it's not going to investigate that?
FYI, the video in post #1 is the Spark flying on the final flight where the gimbal broke, which is 12th July.

I'll upload the 8th July flight soon for all to see.

Come on, give me a better reply than that.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evowerkz Posted at 2017-8-7 01:31
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your reply. Upon speaking to one of the staff at DJI, I finally understood what you guys were up to.

From the data of 12th, the GPS didn't work within the whole process and the drone was abnormal, that is why the drone drifted and flew fast as you mentioned in post 1#.
Though there is no visible damage after the first crash, but the GPS module was damaged which caused the second crash.
In that case, the drone would not be covered by warranty.
2017-8-7
Use props
evowerkz
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 04:03
From the data of 12th, the GPS didn't work within the whole process and the drone was abnormal, that is why the drone drifted and flew fast as you mentioned in post 1#.
Though there is no visible damage after the first crash, but the GPS module was damaged which caused the second crash.
In that case, the drone would not be covered by warranty.

Report is out that the GPS module is not damaged. So how?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evowerkz Posted at 2017-8-9 01:11
Report is out that the GPS module is not damaged. So how?

The case has been escalated to appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you after review, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2017-8-11
Use props
evowerkz
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 18:28
The case has been escalated to appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you after review, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, DJI did get back to me, but still the matter is unresolved. Here's an update on the current situation.

A good lesson learnt for all DJI product owners to learn from when owning a DJI product..

1. DJI still insists that the 1st crash on the 8th July 2017 was the cause of the drone being abnormal after that, and refused to go over the flight details for 12th July 2017.

2. I told them the craft was flying at very low level when I reversed it and hit my leg, thus the "crash". DJI says that impact may have already damaged the craft's components and that I should have not flown it after that! Video [/url]on the "crash"

Seriously? This height and "impact" could cause the craft components to fail? I see many other Youtube crashes, much more horrific than this, but hey the Spark still flies! NO! YOU SHOULDN'T FLY IT ANYMORE!!! According to DJI, which I will get to in the next point, you can't fly your craft after it crash!
Now after watching the video, many of us will just "unknowingly" pick it up, set it on the ground and fly it again right? The app doesn't show any errors, no faults, nothing. Sparky motors starts and flys, life back to normal. WRONG!

3. DJI says they will only investigate the 1st crash, that is the cause of the craft components FAILURE! So thus they will not look at the next flight logs, details when the craft crashes again after that. When I asked,"You mean after every crash, accident, even if craft visually looks OK, no reported errors on the app, I cannot fly the craft anymore and have to submit a case to DJI the flight logs to check on the craft first?"

And the answer was "Yes"

But followed by "But you do not need to"

Huh?????? WTF? 1st she tells me Yes, then I do not need to. But if I do not need to , then if a similar case like mine happens again, they will only look at the first incident and hellbent on it that it is because of that crash that already cause the craft to malfunction blah blah blah...... So I learnt that if you crash your Sparky, best you STOP FLYING, upload your flight logs and submit a case until they give your craft a clean bill of health before flying Sparky again.

4. I ask her to check on the 12 July incident, that's where the important point, Sparky was damaged on that tragic flight. She said No. They will only review the 1st crash. We went back and forth on this for some time, but no, still not willing to review. Long story short, I was finally able to convince her to let me submit a video on the crash for review.

5. Just 2 days back,  I was then offered a discount on the repairs.....But the case is not over yet, now waiting for them to review and get back to me. While waiting, I'm in the midst of making a youtube video on this case with all my phone conversation recordings with DJI to warn other owners and to be owners on DJI's horrible customer support.

2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evowerkz Posted at 2017-8-31 18:21
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, DJI did get back to me, but still the matter is unresolved. Here's an update on the current situation.

Our customer support supervisor has communicated with you about this issue, and this is beyond we can do for you in Forum, I will transfer your concern to our supervisor again, they will keep negotiating for the further resolution, sorry for the trouble caused appreciate our patience.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules