Active Track in Gesture Mode
2134 17 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcgreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6175 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, just got my spark, had no issues yet !! i dont have the controller yet, so just using my phone and gesture control.
I was wondering , how far from the home point it will Active Track and record video (with the new firmware) , i know its limted when using the wifi and phone to 100m
, is this the same in Gesture mode tracking ?

does anyone know..

Thanks
Mark
2017-7-28
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can only speak for the 0400 fw. There was no HP set when no device is connected. So no 100m limit.
I hope Dji hasn't changed it. Will try it at the weekend.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app. So, in gesture mode, the drone is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
2017-7-30
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-30 23:07
The flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app. So, in gesture mode, the drone is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

How should you archive 30m with gesture mode in height?
In 0400 fw i was able to track myself much longer than 50m. (Didn’t test in 0500)
Are you sure about your statement? I am talking about the spark only, no rc connected.
2017-7-30
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-30 23:07

DJI Diana, can you confirm if the spark captures a home point at palm launch when used only in gesture mode.
2017-7-30
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-30 23:51
DJI Diana, can you confirm if the spark captures a home point at palm launch when used only in gesture mode.

No it doesnt capture home point at palm launch without app
2017-7-30
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Malaysia

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-28 01:14
I can only speak for the 0400 fw. There was no HP set when no device is connected. So no 100m limit.
I hope Dji hasn't changed it. Will try it at the weekend.

well in the manual page 2 states what the admin just mentioned...
2017-7-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-30 23:57
No it doesnt capture home point at palm launch without app

Then can you explain to me why, while flying purely in gesture mode, no phone or controller, I was walking across a field while my spark was tracking me and recording video it decided to stop, fly up to about 8m then up to about 20m (my RTH alt), turn, then fly back to exactly where I palm launched it and proceed to come down and hover 1 foot above the ground!
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Malaysia

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-31 00:18
Then can you explain to me why, while flying purely in gesture mode, no phone or controller, I was walking across a field while my spark was tracking me and recording video it decided to stop, fly up to about 8m then up to about 20m (my RTH alt), turn, then fly back to exactly where I palm launched it and proceed to come down and hover 1 foot above the ground!

bug? haha... or i could be wrong.
2017-7-31
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-31 00:18

How far do you walk across the field? More than 50m?
Why should the Spark trigger failsafe and return? IF there were a max distance limit in gesture mode the aircraft would just stay in place at the max distance and not RtH.

Excited what dji says about it? Even a low battery doesnt start a RtH for me in gesture mode... just the red leds and later the auto landing.
2017-7-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-31 01:16
How far do you walk across the field? More than 50m?
Why should the Spark trigger failsafe and return? IF there were a max distance limit in gesture mode the aircraft would just stay in place at the max distance and not RtH.

I walked about 15m if that, here is the video, it starts just after I palm launched, I waved it away, waited for it to flash for tracking and started walking, it follows me as it should so I turn around to go back and it stops. I move around a bit and try to get it to track me again before it shoots up in the air. While its up there I get the controller out and turn it on in the hope it will connect. It connected just as it was coming back down and I managed to move it around so at this point I figure I have control but Ill let it continue whatever its doing to see what happens. It just hovers off the ground. I cant remember if I tried to control it again with the controller but I just reached under and made it rise up then did the side rotate to kill the props. I flew some more after this and had no other issues.
50secs in is the flyaway.
2017-7-31
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-31 01:57
I walked about 15m if that, here is the video, it starts just after I palm launched, I waved it away, waited for it to flash for tracking and started walking, it follows me as it should so I turn around to go back and it stops. I move around a bit and try to get it to track me again before it shoots up in the air. While its up there I get the controller out and turn it on in the hope it will connect. It connected just as it was coming back down and I managed to move it around so at this point I figure I have control but Ill let it continue whatever its doing to see what happens. It just hovers off the ground. I cant remember if I tried to control it again with the controller but I just reached under and made it rise up then did the side rotate to kill the props. I flew some more after this and had no other issues.
50secs in is the flyaway.
https://youtu.be/pPpeRqRW_aw

Doesn't look like a normal RtH. Two times ascend isn't normal. Also it should just land with RtH at current altitude disabled or return to home without ascending to 20m when enabled.
I bet there was problem with the "internals".
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-30 23:51

This is mentioned in the new manual, but there is something about beginner mode, I don't have access to manual will look at it later.

It may be restricted to same behaviour as beginner mode.
2017-7-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-31 02:25
Doesn't look like a normal RtH. Two times ascend isn't normal. Also it should just land with RtH at current altitude disabled or return to home without ascending to 20m when enabled.
I bet there was problem with the "internals".

I'm going back over the field at lunch. Ill test it again. Hopefully it will work as normal. I have just refreshed the firmware with my two other batteries and reinstalled the app. I need to test dronie too.
2017-7-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 02:34
This is mentioned in the new manual, but there is something about beginner mode, I don't have access to manual will look at it later.

It may be restricted to same behaviour as beginner mode.

Its definitely not set to beginner mode
2017-7-31
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-31 03:59
I'm going back over the field at lunch. Ill test it again. Hopefully it will work as normal. I have just refreshed the firmware with my two other batteries and reinstalled the app. I need to test dronie too.

Looking forward to your reply. Please also test the maximum distance you can track yourself.
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-31 03:59
Its definitely not set to beginner mode

I understand that , but it does say in your manual , that when not connected to RC or logged into app then for safety spark is restricted to 30m height and 50m distance, it will be good to see how your test goes.
For all dji AC now you need to be logged into app otherwise 30m 50 m applies, so I'm guessing it has something to that.
2017-7-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is what I experienced using tracking in gesture mode.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-107035-1-1.html
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules