Just crashed indoors, about 5ft off the ground...
2340 25 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

I was shooting a ballroom setup for a hotel client of mine, big open space but heavy magnetic interference. Lots of drifitng however I pulled it off until I was about to bring it down. Drifted a little too close to the wall and got sucked in. Splat. Only broke a single prop however my gimbal took some heat. The camera works, gimbal operates and responds but moves around a little choppy. Has anyone experienced this? Is it something I can fix?
2015-3-23
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Sounds like RMA # time buddy ....
2015-3-23
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Were you in atti mode or gps mode?  I still haven't had the courage to fly inside, I took it off once in my in atti mode and it started to drift immediately a little bit so I landed. I thought in atti mode drifting and interference shouldn't happen inside though?
2015-3-23
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

jonlip, is your interest in owning this drone purely for monetary gain/business?
2015-3-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Info, chances are the GPS will not be available indoors, so ATTI is the game. Don't forget there are also sonar sensors and the downward optical thingy.  I have blast flying in a gym. Just keep the speed slow and under control .
2015-3-23
Use props
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-24 14:09
jonlip, is your interest in owning this drone purely for monetary gain/business?

I only got one because I had clients requesting aerials, paid for itself a few times over. So, yeah it is. I was going to offer a bit of advice marketing your business but you clearly have all the answers.
2015-3-23
Use props
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

info@rossfeighe Posted at 2015-3-24 12:37
Were you in atti mode or gps mode?  I still haven't had the courage to fly inside, I took it off onc ...

Atti mode, over carpet...
2015-3-23
Use props
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-24 12:12
Sounds like RMA # time buddy ....

I reset all settings and recalibrated the Imu and seems to be back to normal.
2015-3-23
Use props
jonlip
lvl.2
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-24 14:11
Info, chances are the GPS will not be available indoors, so ATTI is the game. Don't forget there are ...

Yep, Slow and steady is the way to go, I got a little careless, having too much fun and learned a good lesson.
2015-3-23
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

jonlip Posted at 2015-3-24 14:46
I reset all settings and recalibrated the Imu and seems to be back to normal.

Nice work, glad you have recovered to fly another day!
Check the aircraft over and over after flight .
Great news!
2015-3-24
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I'm shooting indoors on Thursday, will be very cautious and try to keep clear of everything!
2015-3-24
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Good luck Jim inform us on how it goes please!
2015-3-24
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

jonlip Posted at 2015-3-24 14:33
I was going to offer a bit of advice marketing your business but you clearly have all the answers. ...

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I was taken back a little when you asked me that question in the other thread.

I guess I just don't understand, lemme get this straight Your saying if I purchased the I1 purely for monetary gain, you would offer me the advice, but since I answered NO, you will not?
OK I guess? or I'm sorry?

2015-3-24
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Jim, If you are filming indoors and it is a large space, ensure you ask the building management to shut down the air handlers. Believe it or not, there is a lot of air moving around.
2015-3-24
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-25 00:06
Jim, If you are filming indoors and it is a large space, ensure you ask the building management to s ...

Correct there Bud, radiators and the like will suck you in!
2015-3-24
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Guernsey

jonlip Posted at 2015-3-24 14:33
I only got one because I had clients requesting aerials, paid for itself a few times over. So, yeah ...

Jonlip, I don't have all the answers. Any advice is always welcome here.
2015-3-24
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-24 17:22
I'm shooting indoors on Thursday, will be very cautious and try to keep clear of everything!

Jim,

Be careful if there is a carpet on the floor.  The Inspire wont transform into Travel Mode if placed on a carpet as the carpet absorbs the signals and it is unable to get a corect fix, so presume this would be the same when flying over a carpeted area indoors.
2015-3-25
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-25 17:55
Jim,

Be careful if there is a carpet on the floor.  The Inspire wont transform into Travel Mode i ...

Cool.  It's over a wooden floor in a massive recording studio so will hopefully be good.  Might not be enough free space so I'll decide when I get there.   
2015-3-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

info@rossfeighe Posted at 2015-3-24 12:37
Were you in atti mode or gps mode?  I still haven't had the courage to fly inside, I took it off onc ...

GPS mode indoors? You are going to have a bit of a problem with that one my friend.
2015-3-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-24 17:22

Jim, please share your indoor shoot, I would be interested in the results.
2015-3-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

markaguille Posted at 2015-3-25 05:58
Correct there Bud, radiators and the like will suck you in!

???? What do you mean???? "Radiators will suck you in"
2015-3-25
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Guys dont forget all the turbulence that is caused by the bird alone. When the air hits the floor it bounces back up and around walls - if the space is tight you have to consider air turbulence and air currents that Atti mode will not adjust for you. That is when all that Playstation time begins to pay off. Gotta work that eye hand coordination!
2015-3-25
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Guernsey

rodger Posted at 2015-3-25 20:52
???? What do you mean???? "Radiators will suck you in"

Warm air coming out the top of radiators/heaters, is replaced by cooler air coming in underneath. Sucking in underneath and blowing out the top. Even lights can have the same effect if hot enough. Caught me out before.
2015-3-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

markaguille Posted at 2015-3-26 00:54
Warm air coming out the top of radiators/heaters, is replaced by cooler air coming in underneath.  ...

I don't know guy. I kind of doubt that the different temps will have an effect on the Inspire or any quad.
different air temps are around us all the time. Warmer close to the earth cooler as you rise. Whatever!
2015-3-25
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-26 08:03
I don't know guy. I kind of doubt that the different temps will have an effect on the Inspire or a ...

i don't know about radiators.  but a hotel or large building HVAC will play heck on your bird.  there is a lot of air moving around large rooms indoors
2015-3-25
Use props
djiuser_csMcn89Ytoie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32041 ft
United States

I just got my Avata and wanted to practice indoors for real estate, and I had my first suck into wall last night as it did the same thing it drifted as I was going down the hallway, but no damage to it at all so far I hope.  Guess I’ll keep practicing.  Flying Avata is definitely a lot harder then the Air 2s, makes me think I should have just got the M3 Pro instead but I wanted a different style of flying.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules