2147 3 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans630186e8
New
Flight distance : 52592 ft
United States

Hey,

Wanting to get a few opinions from the forum. My spark went into atti after having gps then loosing signal and drifted in to a tree. It fell from about 30ft up and broke one of the propeller arms. I powered on the drone and the gimball and camera functioned as normal. I didn't notice any other problems other than a small rock in one of the motors but I got it out by tipping the drone upside down. The quote I got has them replacing nearly the whole drone (gimball, motherboard, motor, middle frame). Does that seem right if it powers on correctly and seems to be working other than the broken motor arm?

Here is my quote from DJI

Case No:CAS-811621-Y0J6H8
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date:07-26-17
Remarks:Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Motor112.0012.00
Gimbal and Camera Module & IMU Module1128.00128.00
Aircraft Main Board1176.00176.00
Middle Frame Semi-finished Product Module (Excluding ESC and Motor)113.0013.00
Repair Service Fee165.00/H65.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:394.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:394.00

2017-7-28
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i suggest disputing it.  or filing a claim with your insurance company if you can.     i have contacted my insurance company about converage on a DJi SPark and  DJi Mavic pro they want $30/year payment for the spark with no deductible but no mention if they have a limit or cost increase,  and $50 for mavic pro, no deductible, and there is a claim limit but she didn't know what the limit was..
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, will have someone contact you to make it clear, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

If it went into atti mode its still flyable u have to learn how to fly and be ready for these situations because sometimes u will lose gps its not a fault of the drone
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules