Fist day one error
692 4 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Ok.. My first day and I have had a few flights.

Everything working smoothly but I did get one error..

On my last flight, I heard the voice say 'compass error'  but by the time I looked at the screen the error was gone.

I would not normally ask about this and would assume that it is normal. But, with the discussions about flyaways and falls centering around compass and gps errors I am a tiny bit concerned.

So, is it relatively normall to have her say 'compass error' on very short problems with the IMU that simply clear up and go away.
Or it any "compass error" cause for concern?

Thanks...
Louis

2017-7-28
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It depends....your compass can be perfect but if it's near metal it will give an error until you move away. Was it in the air?
2017-7-28
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-28 17:42
It depends....your compass can be perfect but if it's near metal it will give an error until you move away. Was it in the air?

Yes.. maybe 8 feet up in the middle of a field.. so no metal.

I am still using beginner mode so I won't go high or far for a few more days and I will see if the compass error comes back.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the environment that you flew with. Sometimes environment like concrete might cause the compass error. Since it had shown and gone rapidly, you can change another place to test. You can contact our support to start a data analysis if the error message persists.
2017-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Always check your compass on the ground before you take off, check link below, and also be careful when flying around steel roofing large concrete structures as Thor has already advised .

It's not normal to get compass error so take it seriously when it happens.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules